: How to retrofit non-nav radio with factory nav unit? 2004 escalade

kifsr08
11-25-12, 09:54 AM
I have a 2004 escalade and wanted to know how to install a factory nav unit into my non-nav vehicle. I have a NAV unit from a 2005 I think all I need to do is add the navigation antenna, and get tthe unlock code from GM.

HAs anyone done this before, and can provide guidance?

I know how to physically remove and install, and was loking for input on any additional steps needed.

the cadillac man
11-25-12, 11:27 AM
I have a 2004 escalade and wanted to know how to install a factory nav unit into my non-nav vehicle. I have a NAV unit from a 2005 I think all I need to do is add the navigation antenna, and get tthe unlock code from GM.

HAs anyone done this before, and can provide guidance?

I know how to physically remove and install, and was loking for input on any additional steps needed.

I did this and have never been happier with the results the antenna can just be tucked up in the dash it will work as the stock location is in the dash

FYI there is no unlock code you have to go to the dealer for them to preform the vin relearn(just tell them you got it used and that your old one quit I did and they did the relearn for me it was only 20 bucks but the price varies one guy got his done for free because he gave them a pizza

Also the touch screen is 05-06 the non touch screen is 03-04 I have the touch screen version and love how much better it is over the non touch screen version

flyingdutchman
11-25-12, 10:26 PM
Everything you need to know

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/21681-need-part-number-2005-escalade-touch.html

the cadillac man
11-25-12, 11:42 PM
Everything you need to know

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/21681-need-part-number-2005-escalade-touch.html

I found a antenna on amazon but I don't know which version it is how do I tell I know they made two of them is there any differences between them?