: Changing to my winter tires

Ordinary Guy
11-24-12, 11:13 PM
Hello, brand new here- just getting ready to put my winter tires on the 2010 EXT. Usually I get the mechanic to do it, as I don't want to mess with the air pressure sensor.

A friend told me that its just a Bluetooth sensor and I could change the tires myself as both sets are already on rims. All that would happen is that the senor alert in the dash would light up- no harm.

Has anyone swapped out the winter tires at home- is there any difference than a regular car that does not have the sensors?

Thanks for helping.

BlownEscalade
11-24-12, 11:34 PM
It the wheels have no sensors, it'll just give you a message about checking your sensors or something rather around that. It will not harm anything. Just a little annoying because everytime you start the truck it will be on the dash.

chakde
11-25-12, 03:24 AM
If you do have sensors on your winter tires and have them programed to your truck you will have to do the relearn procedure. The procedure is in the sticky on the top of this forum. If you do not have any sensors on our winter tires you will have an annoying message and yellow light like BlownEscalade said. I bought a relearn tool from the dealer which makes it easier to program as I go thru changing to my winter tires and then back to summers for both my Escalades. NOw with this tool I do not need to change the air pressure in my tires I can just use the tool.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-29-12, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ordinary Guy! I see you're in the middle of a great DIY discussion, so I just wanted to let you know I'm available via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you ever decide to involve a dealership or would like any further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service