: 2007 EXV - P 0171, P 2101 says reduce engine power

chinoblocks
11-24-12, 06:37 PM
My 2007 escalade esv the ck engine comes on intermittent then it says reduce engine power and stabitrak off then truck start shaking then shut off when I try to restart not thing happens no stArt no clicking noise no nothing I wait about to mins and then it start up with no problem I ck code it show p0171 , p2101

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-25-12, 02:37 PM
chinoblocks,
We're sorry that you're having reduced engine power troubles with your Escalade. The reduced engine power message is displayed when the cooling system temperature gets too hot and the engine further enters the engine coolant protection mode. Also, this message may be shown when the vehicle’s engine power is reduced. Reduced engine power can affect the vehicle’s ability to accelerate. If this message is on, but there is no reduction in performance, proceed to your destination. The performance may be reduced the next time the vehicle is driven. The vehicle may be driven at a reduced speed while this message is on, but acceleration and speed may be reduced.
Anytime this message stays on, the vehicle should be taken to your GM dealer for service as soon as possible.

If you do decide to work with your dealership, please let us know as we're available to work with you through that process. We can be reached via direct message or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com) and ask that you please include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service