: Is this a new recall for 2010/2011 Escalades?

roadog1aj
11-24-12, 03:09 PM
Hey all. Just got an email from my Cadillac service dude, stating that there was a recall on my 2011 EXT that has not been performed yet. It is #12138. I believe this recall calls for the inspection for a crack in the dipstick tube. replace if cracked, or install a piece of foam around it to absorb vibrations if it's not cracked.
I'll probably schedule a service call this coming weekend. My EXT is close to needing it's oil change and tire rotation any ways. Just wondering if any one else is aware of this recall, since I didn't find it in any of the latest threads.

Ooops....disregard this post! I just saw the one started by ELUSIVE. It covers the whole conversation regarding this recall!

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-24-12, 04:35 PM
Hey roadog1aj,

I checked that reference number you posted and see that this is not a full-out recall but is a Customer Satisfaction Program. If we can ever check into VIN-specific information like this for you and get you more details, please don't hesitate to contact us via direct message or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com). Also, there is the Cadillac Owner's Center where you can check for open recalls, as well as manage service history and much more. Check it out at http://www.cadillac.com/owners/owners.html

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

sdgc
11-24-12, 06:17 PM
DOes the recall go through the onstar anyways? Like a notice? how about eh TSB's?

roadog1aj
11-25-12, 10:04 AM
Hey roadog1aj,

I checked that reference number you posted and see that this is not a full-out recall but is a Customer Satisfaction Program. If we can ever check into VIN-specific information like this for you and get you more details, please don't hesitate to contact us via direct message or email (katie_lucille@gmexpert.com). Also, there is the Cadillac Owner's Center where you can check for open recalls, as well as manage service history and much more. Check it out at http://www.cadillac.com/owners/owners.html

Thanx for the info regarding the type of recall this is Sarah!
I have been a repeat customer with my Cadillac dealer...I won't mention any names, but their initials are: Crestmont Cadillac. They have given us the level of customer service one would expect from a luxury car dealer. They even go so far as to bring us a loaner vehicle (always another Cadillac), and take our EXT back to perform any services. This is not a required of them, but it was one of the special touches they provided us with when we bought the vehicle from them. It is a 100 mile round-trip service that will certainly help with our next Cadillac purchase.
A couple months ago, we needed to add a second car to our stable and purchased a Subaru Legacy. The decision to buy the Subaru was based on a combination fuel mileage, proven all wheel drive system, and bullet proof flat four engine. That said, our customer experience with this dealer was great, but no where near the level of Crestmont. Our visits to other "non luxury" new car dealers was also noticeably lacking the higher level of service we received from Crestmont. Kudos to Crestmont! We have every intention of remaining a customer of theirs, now and in the future! You can make note of my review if you like, Crestmont should be recognized for their excellent level of service. Lord knows there are, shall we say, not such good Cadillac dealers out there.....one of them being: Montrose Cadillac in Hermitage, Pa. (From my own personal experience).[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-25-12, 02:26 PM
We're pleased to hear that you've had such exceptional service at Crestmont Cadillac. We'd love to document it further for you in a file that would be associated to them in our database, but we would need to do so under your contact information. If you wanted to do so, if we could please get your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN, that would be lovely. If not, no worries! It's still great news. :)

roadog1aj
11-27-12, 04:52 PM
Sarah, how do I go about sending you my info? Do you have an email or other contact avenue?

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-28-12, 11:11 AM
roadog1aj,
We can be either direct messaged here on the forum or reached via email at katie_lucille@gmexpert.com

All the best,
Sarah
Cadillac Customer Service