: Torque Convertor Code (Service Engine Light)

casey luda
11-23-12, 10:33 PM
I have a service engine light that came on a month after getting my 2003 Cadillac Deville with only 70k miles. I have been getting mixed answers about the issue. Some say that it is very serious and will cost thousands to fix , and others have said that its a gasket or seal or something along them lines and is nothing to worry about. I just got the vehicle and have a family and have to keep this car up to par, so this is why I came here to see a professional opinion. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I also am getting a lot of random dummy lights such as tire monitor not working, check coolant ( coolant is full) , air bag light periodically and I believe that is it . My heat lately has also been acting weird , when I turn the heat on it doesn't blow all the time . If I turn the back heater on it blows good but only gets warm , after driving a bit the front will kick on really hot and the back will get hot also ??? Someone please help ! This is my first Cadillac and I love it just want to reinsure that they are common issues or fixable at a reasonable price .. any help will be greatly appreciated , thanks for your time!

eaglevision993
11-24-12, 05:23 AM
This is most likely the TCC codes answer: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/electrical-technical-information/203046-malfunction-indicator-light-p0741-p1860.html
I am fighting the same code as of now and will tackle the procedure monday or tuesday when the part arrives.

Those cars are picky about about good batteries and grounds so this is the first thing to check out with random intermittend codes.

The code definitions would be good to know too. Do a readout of the codes and post them here please.
Best regards
Benjamin

casey luda
11-24-12, 06:23 PM
Thanks so much for the reply , I will get a code list asap so maybe you can give me a little more info . Once again thanks for your time :) I love my cadi and plan on sticking with a cadi forever long as I don't have to spend 5 grand to get all these lights off and fixed lol