: Need new Fogs

jacob9582
11-23-12, 10:39 PM
One of my stock fog lights on my 05 escalade lost its lens and has stopped working. I would like to replace with some fogs that omit super white light....any ideas of what will fit what I'm looking for?

Mark Edward Morrison
11-23-12, 11:46 PM
You can find factory fogs on the Internet for cheap (TRUST me I have replaced a couple for the same reason) and do what I did and buy (if I recall the bulb #880) LED 6000K temp and it will match your low beam it's perfectly and they are plug and play and BRIGHT white. I personally buy from Lee at Auto Goody. He is very helpful and quick at sending your merchandise. Lee is out of Chicago if I recall.

jacob9582
11-23-12, 11:58 PM
You can find factory fogs on the Internet for cheap (TRUST me I have replaced a couple for the same reason) and do what I did and buy (if I recall the bulb #880) LED 6000K temp and it will match your low beam it's perfectly and they are plug and play and BRIGHT white. I personally buy from Lee at Auto Goody. He is very helpful and quick at sending your merchandise. Lee is out of Chicago if I recall.

Thanks! I'll look Lee up. Do you have any pics?

Mark Edward Morrison
11-24-12, 12:58 AM
No I don't but I can promise you the 880 LED 6000K will match perfect! I am so happy with how good mine look when my headlights come on I hit my fogs on as well just because they look so damn good. Wait when you get them and you have them on with your headlights and you pull up on someone at a stoplight and you see the reflection. You will like it, TRUST me!

the cadillac man
11-24-12, 01:28 AM
One of my stock fog lights on my 05 escalade lost its lens and has stopped working. I would like to replace with some fogs that omit super white light....any ideas of what will fit what I'm looking for?

Go on amazon you can get both housings for 50 bucks and I suggest hids over LEDs any day trust me you would thank me when it saves you from hitting a deer(they have helped me many times and was the only way I could see the road in two night rains that was heavy to where you have to go slow in order to avoid hydroplaning

(Search for escalade fog light housings to find them)

FYI the best color for the most light is 4300k for hid bulbs that is what I have in the low high and fog lights the hid kits can be got here www.kensun.com that is the brand I have and I can't complain about them 2year warranty and the price is great plus you can customize the package(eg slim ballasts over standard ballasts 55 watts kits over 35 watt kits you can even get a relay and capicatior for the kit also)

PM me an email address if you want pics

rfishoutofwater
11-24-12, 02:34 AM
Bought my replacement set of fog lights and 6k bulbs off eBay. Color matched my hid headlights. I'll eventually add hid fogs but for $50 you can't go wrong.

Mark Edward Morrison
11-24-12, 12:04 PM
Cadillac Man, I agree with you totally that HIDS are better than LED all I was giving was a suggestion for an alternative solution if he didn't want to spend the money, mount ballasts, etc. I didn't feel like doing all that, so I simply bought LED's bulbs for my factory fogs and they look great. So if you want to spend the money and you do drive on roads with poor or no lighting HID's are the way to go.

the cadillac man
11-24-12, 04:42 PM
Cadillac Man, I agree with you totally that HIDS are better than LED all I was giving was a suggestion for an alternative solution if he didn't want to spend the money, mount ballasts, etc. I didn't feel like doing all that, so I simply bought LED's bulbs for my factory fogs and they look great. So if you want to spend the money and you do drive on roads with poor or no lighting HID's are the way to go.

Or in heavy rain on any road(most led bulbs I have seen aren't as useful as hid bulbs
Plus it ain't hard to mount the ballasts even have pics of my install you just need two heavy duty zip ties per ballast.

jnrsesv
11-24-12, 06:51 PM
FYI the best color for the most light is 4300k for hid bulbs that is what I have in the low high and fog lights the hid kits can be got here www.kensun.com that is the brand I have and I can't complain about them 2year warranty and the price is great plus you can customize the package(eg slim ballasts over standard ballasts 55 watts kits over 35 watt kits you can even get a relay and capicatior for the kit also)

This is the kit I went with, using the cadillac mans advise. Really nice color match.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but they are very close to the headlamps.

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy103/jnrkara/2005%20Escalade%20ESV/DSCN0882.jpg

yamla_jatt806
12-15-12, 04:42 PM
I took Cadillac Man's advice and got new fogs from Amazon. $38.00 with free shipping for both. They came with the regular bulbs also. Just installed them, nice to have fog lights again after 2 years. Next up are the HIDs. Thanks for the info.

the cadillac man
12-15-12, 05:54 PM
I took Cadillac Man's advice and got new fogs from Amazon. $38.00 with free shipping for both. They came with the regular bulbs also. Just installed them, nice to have fog lights again after 2 years. Next up are the HIDs. Thanks for the info.

Let me know if you need a location to mount the ballasts

yamla_jatt806
12-16-12, 05:53 PM
Let me know if you need a location to mount the ballasts

Can you please let me where to mount them? Maybe a pic of one of them installed. Thanks a lot.

the cadillac man
12-16-12, 09:07 PM
Can you please let me where to mount them? Maybe a pic of one of them installed. Thanks a lot.

Ok just send me a email @general0282001@yahoo.com
If it don't work as a link just copy and paste

Tx_Lee
12-19-12, 10:32 PM
I also need a new pair of fog lamp assemblies because both lenses fell off... I want it to be OEM all the way.. can you provide the link on amazon where you bought yours?

the cadillac man
12-19-12, 11:21 PM
I also need a new pair of fog lamp assemblies because both lenses fell off... I want it to be OEM all the way.. can you provide the link on amazon where you bought yours?

Here you go

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PQOBCA?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

I topped them off with a hid kit from here
www.kensun.com I got the 4300k bulbs to match the stock low beams
If the links don't work just copy and paste in the URL bar