: Need New Tires

jacob9582
11-23-12, 10:31 PM
What kind of tires do you all like? Stock tires on my escalade 265/70/R17. Looking for all season tires that stay quiet as they wear. Thanks!!!

zapconj
11-23-12, 11:03 PM
My 04 EXT had a brand new set of Nitto Crostek tires on it when I bought it this spring. I'm not sure how they compare to the factory tires or some of the aftermarket tires out there but I like them. Not much road noise that I can notice and wear has been pretty good. They are a little on the pricey side from what I've seen. I am seriously thinking about getting another set when these are finally worn. Here is the nitto website for hot do some research: http://www.nittocrosstek.com/

l8agin
11-24-12, 10:54 AM
I had nittos on my jeep. They were the 420S and I liked them. However I dont think they make them in our oem sizes. But I've heard lots of good things about the continental crosscontact lx20, they'll prolly be my next set when Im ready for tires, unless I go bigger wheels.

sprink60
11-25-12, 10:02 AM
Bridgestone Dueler Alenza or Michelin LTX M/S2...I have run 2 sets of both over 100K miles. IMO everything else is sub par.

the cadillac man
11-25-12, 10:13 AM
Bridgestone Dueler Alenza or Michelin LTX M/S2...I have run 2 sets of both over 100K miles. IMO everything else is sub par.

I had Bridgestone dueler tires the traction wasn't bad for them being the lowest rated but the road noise like to drove me crazy never had michelins yet right now I have Goodyear wrangler at/s very quiet on the highway and does great on wet roads waiting till we get some snow to see how they do on snow and ice

jacob9582
11-25-12, 09:55 PM

Been leaning toward the Michelin LTX M/S2. Pricy tires @ $224 per tire but have heard zero bad reviews. Thanks!

jnrsesv
11-25-12, 11:47 PM
I just put a set of the Michelin LTX MS2 on, they replaced a set of Michelin LTXs (that lasted near 75,000 miles). Anyhow I have about 1,000 miles on then and zero complaints, quiet, smooth ride etc.....

sprink60
11-26-12, 01:17 AM
Been leaning toward the Michelin LTX M/S2. Pricy tires @ $224 per tire but have heard zero bad reviews. Thanks!

Check Costco's price on that tire...very hard to beat. Watch for a periodic sale on Michelin with a $70 instant rebate on a set of four...that's off Costco's already great price. The last ones I did were for a Tahoe I had with 17" rims that ran me about $800 out the door for a set. I ran them 120K miles and took them off with 4/32 tread depth remaining. My comparison between the Bridgestone and the Michelin is that the Michelin's were smoother and quieter while the Bridgestone offered a bit more steering accuracy.

Mileage has been equal as has traction. I never see ice or snow but heavy rain and deep off road sand. They are both good for a street tire.

I am running 22" Bridgestone's now and even with the 45 aspect ratio they are surprisingly smooth. The LTX M/S has been the best out there for light trucks and SUV's for over 10 years with the LTX2 now replacing it. Bridgestone has been chasing that market aggressively for the past five years and is closing the gap. You can pay a lot less and get less. LTX2 M/S take offs with very low miles are a great buy. Look at your local craigslist for great buys from those that have taken the stock rims and tires off to install custom size upgrades. I have seen 18" sets with Michelins on Escalade rims with only a few hundred miles here for less than you will pay for a new set of tires only!!

mikedyk43
11-26-12, 11:33 PM
Just a thought here, if you are looking at buying all new tires that are in the price range of $200 each, you might consider this as a great opportunity to look at buying different wheels all together. I just went through buying all new tires for my stock 20's and found I had one bad wheel in the process. After all was said and done, I could have bought some good used OEM 22's with tires for about the same and still had my originals to sell.

ESCALADE200224
11-27-12, 02:29 AM
I had the Goodyear Wrangler HP tires on my old red Esky and they were awesome winter tires! I used them for all season until I got my 22s then the 17s became winter tires. I'd reccomend the good years for all season or seasonal tires.

the cadillac man
11-27-12, 11:35 AM
I had the Goodyear Wrangler HP tires on my old red Esky and they were awesome winter tires! I used them for all season until I got my 22s then the 17s became winter tires. I'd reccomend the good years for all season or seasonal tires.

I like to hear that as I have Goodyear tires on my truck now great tires so far just wanting for the snow.

caddydaddy
12-19-12, 12:56 AM
I like to hear that as I have Goodyear tires on my truck now great tires so far just wanting for the snow.

I have the Goodyear Fortera Triple Treads on mine. They were great in the Maine winters, and my Escalade is 2WD!

the cadillac man
12-19-12, 01:51 AM
I have the Goodyear Fortera Triple Treads on mine. They were great in the Maine winters, and my Escalade is 2WD!

Dang if they are that good on a rear wheel drive I ain't going to be worried about snow and ice this year(I have Goodyear wrangler AT/S on mine really quiet on road.

Black88GTA
12-19-12, 03:13 AM
I just installed a set of Continental Cross Contact LX20 Eco Plus (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX20+with+EcoPlus+Technolog y) on my truck earlier this month. They replaced an ancient set of Michelin X-Radials. The tires have been great, smooth and quiet so far. I have a buddy who works at Continental, so I got a killer deal on them.

wake
12-22-12, 11:21 PM
My 04 EXT had a brand new set of Nitto Crostek tires on it when I bought it this spring. I'm not sure how they compare to the factory tires or some of the aftermarket tires out there but I like them. Not much road noise that I can notice and wear has been pretty good. They are a little on the pricey side from what I've seen. I am seriously thinking about getting another set when these are finally worn. Here is the nitto website for hot do some research: http://www.nittocrosstek.com/

I have the Crossteks on my 05 and I love them. Only about 5000 miles so far but they're quiet and do well in the rain. I'm curious how they'll do in the snow this winter.

d16y8crxsi
12-27-12, 11:32 PM
Im a fan of hankook ventus have them on my 22s and also my honda... quiet and wear slowly and good in rain and snow so far