: new member from Belgium !

Belgian Blue
12-21-04, 11:24 AM
hello all, i've already post on the SRX forum because i've order one of them

A blue chip light grey awd v6 with all option except sunroof ultraview.

Im an insurance broker aged 47 and with a wife Michèle, but call her Michou(teacher in english and nederlands) and three children. Maxime (17) Diane (14) and Vincent (10)

Im living in Charleroi at 50 km from Brussel.

I own a 530i BMW which Im happy with and I replace the family car a HONDA SHUTTLE (very happy with too) from 10 years old by the Caddy SRX. For fun I own also 1 vw beetle 1969 coach and an vw cab 1975 imported since 1990 from USA LOUISIANE.

Im of course a car fan but also a racing car, sailing and old toys fan.

When I was young I play football (european of course) in the goal and up to the second division in Belgium but a bike crash make me out for one year and I lost my place so I stop football... Now I m playing Tennis and all the family are pretty good... my son Maxime have played an exhibition against Justine HENIN 5 years ago and she give him his shirt of the semi final of French open in 2000. !!!! Great for him !

As racing fan I collect little slotcar (scalextric) and alos old tin toy ships....

Im member of a Lion club in Charleroi and Président of my tennis club.

before leaving , sorry for my poor english (did you understand all the words ?) and I hope I will be happy with my SRX the first v6 in Belgium !

Alain

D148L0
12-21-04, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the forums, Alain.

elwesso
12-21-04, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Good luck with the new car... Hopefully you wont have any problems getting it serviced and stuff like that, being in another country and all.....

Katshot
12-21-04, 01:55 PM
Welcome Alain! Been years since I was in Belgium. There weren't a lot of American cars there then. Your SRX will be fairly rare I would think. Was over there a couple times to visit the Van Hool bus factory and tour the surrounding area. Loved Antwerp and Brussels!

CADDYBLACK99
12-21-04, 10:46 PM
Welcome Alain!

We are glad you joined our community! We have many friends around the world! It is exciting to hear from them and to hear about their Caddy's. Good luck with your SRX!
:welcome:
Paul

Showgun
12-22-04, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum ! Enjoy yourself .

German Lenny
12-23-04, 01:35 PM
Hi Alain,

very pleased to meet a further EU-member on this board. When studying at technical university in Aachen (Aix la chapelle) in the late 70`s, I often visited Belgium for buying cheap cigarettes and other stuff or just having some distance from boring lessons. I know another US-car fan from Belgium. He`s Xavier (nick:Esprit80) from the www.bandit-online.de board, a site especially for F-Bodies (Firebird/TA, Camaro). I`m also a member of this board because of my former TA ownership. Maybe you know Xavier from the power-on-wheel meetings in Antwerpes every year??? Anyway, have a good time on this board.

Greetz

Lenny (Gerd)