: in general 18 wheelers dont like to be passed.

02603sec
11-22-12, 03:25 PM
Last week was my upteenth driving trip from phila to chicago in the sts v8 1sf. I do have other cars but the sts is my driver its an 06 and just turned 80k. I average 80 mph on the pa turnpike. 21.5 mpg, and can make the trp just stopping for gas in about 9.5 to 10.5 hours.
Ohio turnpike and indiana toll road. Truckers love at the last minute to jump lanes in hopes of slowing the driver in the passing lane. For this, i have been flashing them everytime i pass. Most big rigs dont notice how fast the passer is closing in and in most circumstances they dont notice or dont care. I saw one trucker blocking the only ez pass lane. There are a lot of drivers that dont speak english. My advice is to flash before you pass.

thebigjimsho
11-22-12, 03:42 PM
My new V needs no such precaution. My old V could do 80 all day and average 25mpg...

Submariner409
11-22-12, 03:51 PM
Curious - during my umpteen trips from MD to FL on I-95 (13.5 hours) I have generally found the big rig drivers to be courteous and friendly. It's the automobile speeders, lane changers, and brake hitters that piss off the truckers, not the other way 'round.

As you publicly admit, you're a habitual speeder, and unless YOU are driving the road at least 3/4 mile ahead of you, it's your fault if a vehicle changes lanes in front of you, especially if you're closing their rear bumper at a 20 mph relative speed. (Yes, I do 78 in a 70 - but if you average 80 you're actually driving at 85+ most of the time)

truckinman
11-22-12, 04:03 PM
Last week was my upteenth driving trip from phila to chicago in the sts v8 1sf. I do have other cars but the sts is my driver its an 06 and just turned 80k. I average 80 mph on the pa turnpike. 21.5 mpg, and can make the trp just stopping for gas in about 9.5 to 10.5 hours.
Ohio turnpike and indiana toll road. Truckers love at the last minute to jump lanes in hopes of slowing the driver in the passing lane. For this, i have been flashing them everytime i pass. Most big rigs dont notice how fast the passer is closing in and in most circumstances they dont notice or dont care. I saw one trucker blocking the only ez pass lane. There are a lot of drivers that dont speak english. My advice is to flash before you pass.

No no no. Do NOT flash us truckers b4 you pass. In trucker lingo, that's giving us truckers permission to move over a lane. I HATE and I mean HATE when 4-wheelers flash me b4 they pass. Bc if my signal were on, and you flashed me, I'd take that as you acknowledging my signal and telling me it's ok to come over. So yea, you flash them, they will come over into your lane bc technically youve just told them to.

So many people need to ride in a big rig for a day b4 they judge our actions.

02603sec
11-22-12, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the reply sub. Back in the day my caddy had a built in CB. Truckers used to be professional and courteous but times have changed. Especially with the owner operators as they are being su ked dry between taxes, fuel, and piss poor economy. I will probably fly the next time but hate coach seating and ohare airport. When i drive i always do it in the wee hours. I once had an hour at 140 mph. on pa turnpike about 3:30 am on a tuesday. morning. Happy turkey day!

truckinman
11-22-12, 04:13 PM
By the way, I am one of the most Courteous drivers youll ever come across. Ive even had a couple people call my company just to tell them how good of I driver I am. BUT, if a car is sitting on my side and not passing or anything, just sitting there, I will slightly move into that lane to give them a little warning to pass or fall in behind me. That's only bc if there's a cop with some one pulled over on the shoulder, I'm coming over. My truck is governed at 65 mph. As are most company trucks. So I can't speed up to get in front of you. And I'm not going to slow down to get behind them only to take 20 min to speed back up to 65. Lol.

I understand, most people don't understand what it's like to drive a truck, so I don't expect everything. But there are some simple common sense rules. Like sitting beside an 80k lb truck for miles may not be a good idea. And flashing them isn't a good idea. Trust me, we see you regardless of you flashing us. We've got big mirrors. So only flash a truck if you are telling him "come on over" or there could be an accident due to mixed communications.

02603sec
11-22-12, 04:17 PM
Truckinman. Thanks your opinion is exactly why i posted. I just started flashing this year because the lane change problem has been magnified without flashing. Why then with no other reason would a rig change lanes ahen a speeder is approaching?

truckinman
11-22-12, 04:28 PM
Truckinman. Thanks your opinion is exactly why i posted. I just started flashing this year because the lane change problem has been magnified without flashing. Why then with no other reason would a rig change lanes ahen a speeder is approaching?

Were they moving over to pass another car? Was there a car in the shoulder? Or did they just move over with no verifiable reason that you could see? Bc if they just changed lanes to change lanes, I'm not sure why they'd do that. Unless they knew the lane they were in was possibly closed or ending ahead? Or they may have just not been paying attention. Any number of reasons really. Or maybe they saw you flash and felt they needed to come over for some reason.

The-Dullahan
11-22-12, 04:50 PM
I'm with Sub on this one. Also, as Truckinman pointed out, if you flash your lights at me, truck or not, and I am trying to change lanes, I am going to presume you want me to change lanes. That's not just a trucker thing, it's sort of a generally-used highway sign for "It's okay to pass" and people do it for basically any vehicle on the road, not just us. I'd consider flashing your lights prior to passing, especially if you're speeding to be a poor idea.

Again, as Truckinman pointed out, are you sure they had NO reason to move over?

02603sec
11-22-12, 05:02 PM
Typical situation is when you have a trio of rigs in a row. They are traveling at the same governed speed. The speeder, me sees them on approach for at least 1/2 mile or more. I am in the left lane. The second or third rig jumps lanes just as i am within 100 feet. This is without a flash. When i flash its a quick on off blink not a hi-lo. Obviously i am breaking a speeding law. Almost everyone speeds. I do slow to 78 when approaching and passing. 0 points on my license and never an accident last ticket was 1984 70 in a 55 on the skyway.

truckinman
11-22-12, 05:45 PM
Typical situation is when you have a trio of rigs in a row. They are traveling at the same governed speed. The speeder, me sees them on approach for at least 1/2 mile or more. I am in the left lane. The second or third rig jumps lanes just as i am within 100 feet. This is without a flash. When i flash its a quick on off blink not a hi-lo. Obviously i am breaking a speeding law. Almost everyone speeds. I do slow to 78 when approaching and passing. 0 points on my license and never an accident last ticket was 1984 70 in a 55 on the skyway.

Just because you turn off then on, thats still the same thing. And in no way should any driver have to assume you're speeding by 15 or so mph. I know a lot of times, so I don't have to slow down, if there's a long line coming up in the passing lane, but I've got an opening now to pull over to pass another truck I know I'm going faster than, I'll do it so I don't have to wait for ever. Bc I know most 4-wheelers aren't courteous enough to let me out. I've even had them flip me off after I pull back into the slow lane. Bc that 5 mph decrease for half a mile is going to cause them to be late by an hr.

That's another thing. So many people think by speeding, they ACTUALLY gain time. They don't realize how fast they really have to go for how long and steady they have to do it, for that to actually be beneficial. I never go more than 5 over really.

So those drivers who think we are going to cause them to be late....heh. They just like passing blame off onto others. Just saying.

Not saying that's what your doing really, just making a general statement.

EChas3
11-22-12, 05:52 PM
(Drive) the road at least 3/4 mile ahead of you...

That's all it takes to keep situational awareness.

thebigjimsho
11-22-12, 06:39 PM
Just because you turn off then on, thats still the same thing. And in no way should any driver have to assume you're speeding by 15 or so mph. I know a lot of times, so I don't have to slow down, if there's a long line coming up in the passing lane, but I've got an opening now to pull over to pass another truck I know I'm going faster than, I'll do it so I don't have to wait for ever. Bc I know most 4-wheelers aren't courteous enough to let me out. I've even had them flip me off after I pull back into the slow lane. Bc that 5 mph decrease for half a mile is going to cause them to be late by an hr.

That's another thing. So many people think by speeding, they ACTUALLY gain time. They don't realize how fast they really have to go for how long and steady they have to do it, for that to actually be beneficial. I never go more than 5 over really.

So those drivers who think we are going to cause them to be late....heh. They just like passing blame off onto others. Just saying.

Not saying that's what your doing really, just making a general statement.

I drive 15-25 over all the time without client, when on the highway. With client, 7-15 over. Depends on 55 or 65mph limit.

I do find it rude when one truck will pull out from a slower one in front of me and a line of fast cars so he can pass his compadre at a rate of 3-5mph. On a 2 lane Interstate, it happens much too often.

There are moron drivers in the professional ranks as well, unfortunately...

As for speeding not getting you anywhere, that's bunk. I have gotten to Buffalo, NY from eastern MA in 5 1/2 hours. Do it at the speed limit and lose an hour and a half.

I think of all those years on the road I would've added if I did the speed limit. Yes, I said years...

truckinman
11-22-12, 06:51 PM
I drive 15-25 over all the time without client, when on the highway. With client, 7-15 over. Depends on 55 or 65mph limit.

I do find it rude when one truck will pull out from a slower one in front of me and a line of fast cars so he can pass his compadre at a rate of 3-5mph. On a 2 lane Interstate, it happens much too often.

There are moron drivers in the professional ranks as well, unfortunately...

As for speeding not getting you anywhere, that's bunk. I have gotten to Buffalo, NY from eastern MA in 5 1/2 hours. Do it at the speed limit and lose an hour and a half.

I think of all those years on the road I would've added if I did the speed limit. Yes, I said years...

Yea I'm sure going from MA to western NY, you would save time. I'm talking for short distances. Like 50-100 miles. And it's not going to cost you more than maybe a second or so if you are slowed down by a slower truck.

----------

But I do agree, there really are a lotta "unprofessional" professional truckers. Sad but true. I've run into a LOT. Trucking ain't for everyone. That's for sure.

thebigjimsho
11-22-12, 07:00 PM
My big issue is flow. I max out at about 75 with a client. Many times I want to pass but will sit behind a slower car because I would impede the flow of fast lane traffic.

And sometimes I will speed up to around 80, with client, because the car I was passing sped up. I can't penalize the cars behind me because a jerk I'm passing can't keep his speed. As soon as I pass that jerk, though, I get in ftont and make him go my previous speed...

02603sec
11-22-12, 07:05 PM
Thank you truckinman. Drivers ettiquette includes being open to suggestion, and putting the other person first. Bad ettiquette is just ignorance. Be safe and eat the turkey, dont be one:)

truckinman
11-22-12, 07:40 PM
Thank you truckinman. Drivers ettiquette includes being open to suggestion, and putting the other person first. Bad ettiquette is just ignorance. Be safe and eat the turkey, dont be one:)

Lol. Yes sir. Just had some of the best turkey ever! You be safe out there

----------

My big issue is flow. I max out at about 75 with a client. Many times I want to pass but will sit behind a slower car because I would impede the flow of fast lane traffic.

And sometimes I will speed up to around 80, with client, because the car I was passing sped up. I can't penalize the cars behind me because a jerk I'm passing can't keep his speed. As soon as I pass that jerk, though, I get in ftont and make him go my previous speed...

I hate when people speed up when I'm passing too. Makes me look like an ass bc I can't speed up to continue passing. In the caddy I will tho.

dkozloski
11-23-12, 12:14 AM
Around here, most highway is two lane between towns. To pass a truck you pull up behind the truck and flash your headlights, the truck will flash a turn signal or clearance light when it's safe to go, especially if he's pulling doubles like most are. If the truck passes you, you flash your headlights when he clears you and it's safe for him to pull back into the lane.

Stingroo
11-23-12, 12:34 AM
I live in Florida, so all of this is foreign to me. Nobody uses turn signals, or knows what they are. I'm one of the few, the proud.

I generally don't care, but when people ride my ass and then pop out to try and pass, I will happily disallow such a move with a touch of the throttle. Trucks, I avoid like the plague, and I never flash anyone other than people with their lights out at night, because they are asshats and deserve it.

Johnxlrv
11-23-12, 10:38 PM
Lol hot topic...recently was in, driving from Daytona, Orlando, etc. about 1200 miles total. I must say, most drivers (car and big rig alike) were courteous...period.

Let's jump to California, where I live. 9 out of ten times, truck drivers will not yield to traffic trying to merge from a on-ramp...I have enjoyed the intentional cut-off and happily took the information down to share with a CHP buddy of mine.

Nothing against truckers. I have towed many things, travel trailers, and, recently a class c, towing a car. I can honestly say, on the grades, I share the slow lane with the truckers and get damm frustrated when cars intentionally cut me off, because they don't want to sit behind anything, where they can't see for a few dozen car lengths .

In fact, most truck drivers are more cognizant of my class c, then they are of any car...including mine

We both can share the road I believe - but part of the attitudes are based on past experiences...are they not?

Only one real message to any1 hauling...please control your load...gravel trucks, grain trucks, landscaping trucks hauling bobcats, and general excavation equipment haulers...I do not like rock chips!...please help here!

We all love our Cadillacs...trucker and non trucker alike!

MrHolland
11-24-12, 12:51 AM
Please stay back 200 feet.

We are not responsible
For broken windshields.

truckinman
11-24-12, 01:35 PM

We are not responsible
For broken windshields.

Exactly. That's why on a lotta gravel trucks you see a big sign saying "keep back so many feet". It's always at least 100 ft on the sign.

dkozloski
11-24-12, 03:32 PM
Sign or not, the truck is liable for any damage. They must control their load around here.

Ranger
11-24-12, 09:28 PM
I believe that is true here as well, as it should be.

talismandave
11-24-12, 09:35 PM
10-4 , ditto WI.

Koooop
11-25-12, 03:06 AM
Make 'em drop a gear on grade. Payback's a bitch.

thebigjimsho
11-25-12, 03:36 AM

We are not responsible
For broken windshields.

Oh yes you are!

Besides, the further back you go, the worse the potential damage. The further back, the slower the debris and the greater the difference in speed of your car and the object.

If you're right behind a truck and debris falls out, a hit wont be as devastating...

truckinman
11-25-12, 11:44 AM
Oh yes you are!

Besides, the further back you go, the worse the potential damage. The further back, the slower the debris and the greater the difference in speed of your car and the object.

If you're right behind a truck and debris falls out, a hit wont be as devastating...

That doesn't give you an excuse to tailgate them. And if that's the case, there is a point in that objects momentum where it will slow down. Gravel trucks can't keep every piece of gravel contained while bouncing around at 60 mph on a rough rd. So ultimately, if you don't want your car messed up, it's up to you to keep a safe distance.

thebigjimsho
11-25-12, 12:06 PM
That doesn't give you an excuse to tailgate them. And if that's the case, there is a point in that objects momentum where it will slow down. Gravel trucks can't keep every piece of gravel contained while bouncing around at 60 mph on a rough rd. So ultimately, if you don't want your car messed up, it's up to you to keep a safe distance.

I'm talking highway. And if I am doing 60 and see crap bouncing out of a truck, I rush behind it or pass it AQAHP.

And again, you can't control your load, your problem.

And you're not getting my point. I've seen rocks from trucks hundreds of yards ahead of me bouncing around maybe on its own or maybe after being hit by other vehicles. So keeping my distance does nothing. And the slower that object goes, the more damage to my car.

A rock that just bounced off a truck doing 60 will be close to 60. So if I hit it doing 70, the difference in mph is about 10-20, creating little damage. If it's bouncing around at 15mph, the difference is 55mph. Hello, shattered windshield...

truckinman
11-25-12, 12:47 PM
I completely understood where your coming from with your theory. And technically you're right. The slower the rock is going in relation to YOUR speed, then yes that gives it more potential for damage. But as I said, you can't tailgate a truck just for that reason. If you do, a lot more than some scratched paint could happen. I've had my semi truck windshield cracked all to hell bc of gravel. But not bc of a gravel truck. It was bc a pickup truck tire thru it out of it's tread.

Ranger
11-25-12, 01:11 PM
So ultimately, if you don't want your car messed up, it's up to you to keep a safe distance.
What about when they are coming from the opposite direction? I've had my windshield damaged when they dropped gravel coming at me. I saw it fall, bounce and whack the windshield. I certainly had no culpability in that one. I don't know if it is the driver or the loaders responsibility to be sure that the truck is not overloaded and that all the gravel is swept off the side rails, but it's not mine.

I also had one coming from the opposite direction rounding a curve. He dropped a huge chunk of dirt over the side that was going to go right through my windshield. I had to swerve off the road (to the right) to avoid it. Probably would have killed me.

talismandave
11-25-12, 01:57 PM
Gravel trucks can't keep every piece of gravel contained while bouncing around at 60 mph on a rough rd.

I don't know if it is the driver or the loaders responsibility to be sure that the truck is not overloaded and that all the gravel is swept off the side rails, but it's not mine.

There is the crux of the situation. It certainly is the drivers responsibility to make sure that is done before taking his rig on the road. Simple precautions that take time and therefore money in lost road time, and smaller loads that require more trips.
It is their job to make sure they can control their load before they hit the public roads and endanger the lives of others. Just as it is the job of a pilot to make sure his aircraft is air worthy and properly loaded before take off, or a surgeon to make sure his patient is properly prepped for surgery.
I have many friends in trucking and as frustrating as sharing the roads can sometimes be, I understand and will defend the drivers on almost all the points you made so far, but I really think you are wrong on that one truckinman.
Sorry......(we still cool though...right?):lol:

Stingroo
11-25-12, 02:45 PM
'Tis all p00p.

truckinman
11-25-12, 08:30 PM
Lol. We cool! Lol. I do agree it's the drivers job to make sure all the side rails are swept clean to prevent that kind of screw up. When I haul trash in my semi, I make sure anything is swept clean b4 hitting the road

But, there are some things no one has control over. That's all I'm saying. And if just one rock gets lost amongst the hundreds of thousands of rocks aboard, that's just when ya gotta say shit happens unfortunately. It's like when my aunt and uncle had a bee farm on their actual farm. Every year they would buy 200k bees. They transported them in the back of their jeep Cherokee. Lol. So, obviously a couple would escape. They said if only 3-4 escaped and were flying around the inside of the jeep with them, that was a good day. Lol

Koooop
11-25-12, 11:54 PM
Drafting a big rig will get you some really good MPG on the Highway. Probably pisses off the operator...

truckinman
11-26-12, 01:28 AM
Drafting a big rig will get you some really good MPG on the Highway. Probably pisses off the operator...

It'll get ya beheaded too if the driver has to slam on his brakes. Notta good idea

CadillacLuke24
11-26-12, 02:53 AM
I could never follow a truck close enough to improve my mileage. Too worried about damage :rolleyes:

I have a sweet feature for passing trucks (and cars)....called floor to pass :D

talismandave
11-26-12, 02:56 AM
My 53 year old reflexes vs the quick stopping time of an 80,000 lb truck. I think I am up to the challenge. Now, if he goes head on into a concrete bunker wall, then he may stop too fast for me.

truckinman
11-26-12, 03:33 AM
Ive had people follow so close to me I dint even know they're there until I make a turn. Maybe you could react quick enough, Dave, but others aren't so lucky. I've seen it b4. I've seen more accident then I'd care to remember, all bc a 4-wheeler thought they knew what they were doing.

Ita really simple tho. The safest thing to do is keep your distance from a truck like mine. If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you. When you pass us, do just that. Don't sit on our sides. And after you pass, keep pulling away. It's another sure fired way to piss a driver off if you pass him, pull in front of him, then slow down.

That's just some respectful ideas I'm sharing to keep every one safe.

thebigjimsho
11-26-12, 08:28 AM
I completely understood where your coming from with your theory. And technically you're right. The slower the rock is going in relation to YOUR speed, then yes that gives it more potential for damage. But as I said, you can't tailgate a truck just for that reason. If you do, a lot more than some scratched paint could happen. I've had my semi truck windshield cracked all to hell bc of gravel. But not bc of a gravel truck. It was bc a pickup truck tire thru it out of it's tread.

Well, I don't tailgate. But if I've got to run up your butt for a short while until I can pass, I will...

----------

Lol. We cool! Lol. I do agree it's the drivers job to make sure all the side rails are swept clean to prevent that kind of screw up. When I haul trash in my semi, I make sure anything is swept clean b4 hitting the road

But, there are some things no one has control over. That's all I'm saying. And if just one rock gets lost amongst the hundreds of thousands of rocks aboard, that's just when ya gotta say shit happens unfortunately. It's like when my aunt and uncle had a bee farm on their actual farm. Every year they would buy 200k bees. They transported them in the back of their jeep Cherokee. Lol. So, obviously a couple would escape. They said if only 3-4 escaped and were flying around the inside of the jeep with them, that was a good day. Lol

True, no one can control everything. But if something falls off, the truck is still liable...

Submariner409
11-26-12, 12:14 PM
Did the 555 mile/9.5 hour run back home from SC during Saturday daylight. Light to moderate traffic on I-95, lotsa big rigs. Not a problem EXCEPT when a rig gets stuck behind the timid soul in a Lincoln Town Car or motor home driving 65 in a 70, traffic piles up, and the rig, of course, takes time to get around the slowpoke. That's the sort of thing that creates clusters of traffic - all following too closely. Accident waiting to happen.

Before we left Mt. Pleasant SC in the morning I jammed the truck full of non-ethanol Shell 89. Just for grins and kicks. All the way down we got 18.1 mpg average. Refueled yesterday here on Kent Island. Shell 87 E10. Exactly the same mileage coming home - 18.1. The non-ethanol made no difference in anything - perceived "power", mileage, smoothness. Allee samee. As I've posted before, although the truck gets 7 mpg less than the STS on the open road it is quieter and more comfortable for long trips. And the seating height is a real advantage because you can see over top of 95% of other traffic. Shell 87 was $3.159 most places, $3.239 in SC and $3.269 here at home. $221 for the trip, 1183 miles, 65.4 gallons.

The Shell non-ethanol 89 octane was $3.699, I squeezed in 2/3 of a tank (truck holds 27 gallons) and the straight gas did nothing for "economy" - matter of fact it cost more to run it than the old E10.

dkozloski
11-26-12, 02:14 PM
A real attention getter is to pull up to the rear of a gravel truck and see a fist sized rock wedged between the duals just itching to fly out on the next bump. Many local construction haulers use extra wide duplex tires instead of duals just to eliminate this situation.

CadillacCastle
11-26-12, 03:06 PM
A real attention getter is to pull up to the rear of a gravel truck and see a fist sized rock wedged between the duals just itching to fly out on the next bump. Many local construction haulers use extra wide duplex tires instead of duals just to eliminate this situation. LOL I've seen the same thing, a rock stuck between dual 18 wheeler tires.

----------

Ive had people follow so close to me I dint even know they're there until I make a turn. Maybe you could react quick enough, Dave, but others aren't so lucky. I've seen it b4. I've seen more accident then I'd care to remember, all bc a 4-wheeler thought they knew what they were doing.

Ita really simple tho. The safest thing to do is keep your distance from a truck like mine. If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you. When you pass us, do just that. Don't sit on our sides. And after you pass, keep pulling away. It's another sure fired way to piss a driver off if you pass him, pull in front of him, then slow down.
That's just some respectful ideas I'm sharing to keep every one safe. I don't like the people who pass then don't try to gain any distance in front of me ESPECIALLY A VAN. A van blocks so much vision to see far ahead. A trucker or any driver is responsible for their load. No if ands or butts or excuses. Loads are too full if things are falling off. Sand should always be tarped down. The driver behind the sand truck does not want his car sandblasted at 70 MPH. I have heard stories of people with a rock cracked windshield to find a truck on the road missing a mudflap and get the number of the truck and call the company saying their truck threw a rock and busted their windshield. They said they got the trucks insurance to pay. I have not and never would do anything that. I believe in Karma. Every time I go to Houston or Dallas and then get back home I am so glad I live in a small town with 1 red light. LOL

----------

Does anyone here have trouble with those extra white headlights? They are really dangerous especially for the car with the bright whites. They are more likely to get ran into head on because they blinded an oncoming vehicle.

Ranger
11-26-12, 06:45 PM
I too have seen the rock stuck between the rear duals, but I didn't see it for long. Got the hell outta there in a BIG hurry. That IS a scary sight (unless you are oblivious).

Koooop
11-26-12, 06:49 PM
A real attention getter is to pull up to the rear of a gravel truck and see a fist sized rock wedged between the duals just itching to fly out on the next bump. Many local construction haulers use extra wide duplex tires instead of duals just to eliminate this situation.

Every windshield in Alaska is cracked.

CadillacLuke24
11-26-12, 08:21 PM
I hate the extra white lights, or blue, or green, or purple, or whatever other color those idiots use tho make their trucks look "cool". I'd betcha they are the suckers who buy the HID bulbs for regular reflector headlights.

Submariner409
11-26-12, 08:23 PM
Every windshield in Alaska is cracked.

One could legitimately use the same definition for most of the drivers in Mid/So Cal.

??? Bluesy sparkly brilliant headlights ??? One thought: "There goes another wannabe ricer !"

dkozloski
11-26-12, 08:29 PM
Every windshield in Alaska is cracked.Just like the drivers.

thebigjimsho
11-26-12, 11:07 PM
I don't hate on truckers. Just a few nasty situations.

Koooop
11-26-12, 11:33 PM
One could legitimately use the same definition for most of the drivers in Mid/So Cal.

??? Bluesy sparkly brilliant headlights ??? One thought: "There goes another wannabe ricer !"

You are so right! Today I'm doing 82MPH in the slow lane (in my 69 Vette) and some woman in a Camry gets 4 feet off my tail trying to get me to speed up, i could see how angry she was in my mirror. All the left lanes were pretty much clear, she could've gone anywhere. Typical California day on the 55 Fwy. (I think she was drafting me)