: Remote start

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-22-12, 12:15 PM
I think I have my settings correct but I don't notice my heated seats(they work) and climate setting when I remote start the car? I have those options checked in the setup. Is there anything that you guys think I have wrong? It gets real cold down here in FL ;)

Ludacrisvp
11-22-12, 12:39 PM
I think I have my settings correct but I don't notice my heated seats(they work) and climate setting when I remote start the car? I have those options checked in the setup. Is there anything that you guys think I have wrong? It gets real cold down here in FL ;)

The coolant temp and ambient air temp at time of remote start is what controls if they turn on. This is going off memory from what I read on alldatadiy.

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-22-12, 12:53 PM
The coolant temp and ambient air temp at time of remote start is what controls if they turn on. This is going off memory from what I read on alldatadiy.

So let the car warm up longer on cold mornings? When I manually start the car for the first time each day I allow it to warm up until the gauge hits the second line before I drive it...

Ludacrisvp
11-22-12, 01:00 PM
In other words the car doesn't think it's cold enough outside or the coolant temp isn't cold enough. If the coolant is not cold enough the remote start assumes the car was running recently and likely the cabin is warmed up already or decently warm still and won't turn on the heated seats.

DarkMingBlueSTS
11-22-12, 01:04 PM
In other words the car doesn't think it's cold enough outside or the coolant temp isn't cold enough. If the coolant is not cold enough the remote start assumes the car was running recently and likely the cabin is warmed up already or decently warm still and won't turn on the heated seats.

Oh now I see...that kind of sucks...I use the heated seats in the summer time too