: Strange issue...a loud "BEEP" chirping sound

jd_mpmt
11-22-12, 08:08 AM
Ok this is a strange one....The "CHIRP" is driving me nuts!!! LOL...I have no trouble codes, it was just at the dealer to have the water pump and the oil pressure gauge replaced they didnt find anything. It only happens once and a while and it seams to be only while braking. I am having my air compressor replaced and the rear air shocks next week (air bags have a tear). The sound is pretty loud near the driver area almost like it is from under the dash. I checked the radio and all appreared ok and it makes the noise even if the radio is off. Just wondering is anyone else has had this, its just a pain in the arse...
Thanks

the cadillac man
11-22-12, 02:56 PM
Ok this is a strange one....The "CHIRP" is driving me nuts!!! LOL...I have no trouble codes, it was just at the dealer to have the water pump and the oil pressure gauge replaced they didnt find anything. It only happens once and a while and it seams to be only while braking. I am having my air compressor replaced and the rear air shocks next week (air bags have a tear). The sound is pretty loud near the driver area almost like it is from under the dash. I checked the radio and all appreared ok and it makes the noise even if the radio is off. Just wondering is anyone else has had this, its just a pain in the arse...
Thanks

The chimes work off the factory amp I even disconnected the radio to be sure but the brakes can make a noise (is there anything displayed the information screen when the noise happens??)
Also which radio do you have the nav radio has a few settings for chimes and a chirp feedback(buttons on the touchscreen and hard buttons both will make a chirp when pressed)

Slapperbar
11-23-12, 10:23 PM
I have the same issue as the OP, it is not related to the sound system. It can also be heard outside the car.

the cadillac man
11-24-12, 12:30 AM
I have the same issue as the OP, it is not related to the sound system. It can also be heard outside the car.

That's odd I only hear a chirp when the memory seat button is pressed
What are the memory seat recall setting on your trucks??
The reason I ask is I had set mine to recall my position when I hit the unlock button and I think it did beep when I unlocked the truck I will try and see if I can reproduce it with mine so I can be of further assistance.

jd_mpmt
11-26-12, 02:37 PM
Sorry for the delay...I have the NAV radio and the memory seats but are NOT set with the key fob....I haven't noticed if you can hear it outside, its so random that it is hard to pin point. I ll check the radio setting tomorrow when I get it back from getting the new shocks/compressor installed.

Thanks I'll see what I can find and post something soon

jd_mpmt
12-03-12, 08:55 AM
Update.....Still no luck locating the "chirp" however, i have my new rear air shocks and compressor installed. The Arnott parts are great and the caddy is sitting proper and rides great. My mech said the work was pretty easy and told me I could have done it myself with simple tools. It took him about 2 hours. Spending the $600 or so on parts and $100 + a bottle of good vodka sure beats the $1600 the dealer quoted me for just the rear shock being replaced!!!

Slapperbar
12-03-12, 06:27 PM
The chirp is definitely related to the brakes. Weather it's the Hydro-boost system or the power steering pump low pressure, I don't know.

the cadillac man
12-03-12, 07:20 PM
The chirp is definitely related to the brakes. Weather it's the Hydro-boost system or the power steering pump low pressure, I don't know.

Most likely it's the brakes

Slapperbar
12-03-12, 07:39 PM
It is most definitely NOT related to the pads or disks. The sound seems to be emanating from the drivers "A" pillar area or dash.

the cadillac man
12-03-12, 09:38 PM
It is most definitely NOT related to the pads or disks. The sound seems to be emanating from the drivers "A" pillar area or dash.

If it does sound like it from the drivers door speaker and tweeter I am thinking something is up with the amp but not sure(I will try something to see if I can reproduce it with my truck)

jd_mpmt
12-04-12, 07:00 AM
slapperbar....now that you mention the brakes.... the brake pedal had a weird push back feeling to it the last time I heard it. Not as fast or hard as a ABS push back but there was something. I was so focused on the noise driving me nuts I didnt pay it any mind. Thanks! I'll chceck that this week. Ill read up on the Hydro-Boost system because I know zero about it

the cadillac man
12-04-12, 10:41 AM
slapperbar....now that you mention the brakes.... the brake pedal had a weird push back feeling to it the last time I heard it. Not as fast or hard as a ABS push back but there was something. I was so focused on the noise driving me nuts I didnt pay it any mind. Thanks! I'll chceck that this week. Ill read up on the Hydro-Boost system because I know zero about it

Check your power steering pump as it works the brake booster

the cadillac man
12-04-12, 07:32 PM
Thanks

Check the driver setting as the beeping is related to the recall setting of the memory seat I tried on mine and it did the same thing plus the chimes setting is adjustable by the radio(preset 6 on non nav radio) let me know if this helps.

jd_mpmt
12-14-12, 10:01 AM
Chimes setting in the "off" position and it still beeps...Ill be checking on the recall Thanks!

the cadillac man
12-14-12, 10:19 AM
Chimes setting in the "off" position and it still beeps...Ill be checking on the recall Thanks!

There is no off position for the chimes something is wrong with your radio or amps software

itsaz
12-14-12, 11:28 AM
Sound like this?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8c52/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2617611

the cadillac man
12-14-12, 12:18 PM
Sound like this?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8c52/?cpg=cj&ref=&CJURL=&CJID=2617611

That's just crazy plus if someone tried that on me I'd beat the crap out of them and then hide the unit somewhere so they can hear it but not find it(i know its a evil idea) but I suggest searching your truck to see if someone did plant a device like this(especially if it beeps when the truck is off).

jd_mpmt
01-18-13, 08:24 AM
Thanks cadillac man...I just made a new post on this too. Dealer is updateing the software this AM...I hope it helps

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-18-13, 10:02 AM
JD, I'm looking forward to your updates! If you need any assistance working with your dealer, then don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jd_mpmt
02-01-13, 10:34 AM
Ok...its been about 2-3 weeks and the software update has helped, it reduced the freq but did not make it go way...I have only heard the beep twice and only during the 0-15 degree cold days...I called the dealer tech back and he said they found ZERO wrong with anything... We will be heading out of town soon so I will wait and see with my fingers crossed because seh hasnt been driven much since the update