: Help with rear lights please!

tattoorific
11-21-12, 11:00 PM
Someone has to have experienced the issue I am having. When I unlock with keyless the passenger rear lights don't light up. None of them. Then when I get in and start it and put in reverse the same exact thing happens. But when in drive the tail lights work. Also the passenger blinker binks twice as fast as the drivers. Any help would be much appreciated.

tattoorific
11-22-12, 09:10 AM
Anyone?

MrHolland
11-22-12, 09:16 AM
It could be a little slow around here today due to it being a holiday. I'm sure someone will soon chime in with an answer. Happy Thanksgiving.

soulsea
11-22-12, 09:23 AM
So some of the symptoms affect both sides, and in the case of the turn signal it only affects one side?
Did all the symptoms come on all at once or was it a progressive thing where one thing started malfunctioning after another over time?
And have you tried to swap lamps side to side to see if the hyperflash follows the lamp or if its specific to the side of the vehicle?

Not that I'll be able to diagnose the issue mind you, but trying to isolate what fault could be due to miscommunication from, or malfunctioning of, the BCM, and/or lamp hardware failure, might help you narrow down the cause of these issues.

tattoorific
11-22-12, 04:20 PM
Swapped lamps, passenger side still has the same issue. Just noticed it one day it all happened at the same time. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

soulsea
11-22-12, 04:31 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a BCM or some other kind of short type issue ... I just don't know enough about electronics to suggest a remedy.

I think this might be a dealer only solution.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Happy thanksgiving.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-24-12, 03:05 PM
tattoorific,

As customer service agents we are limited in the technical advice arena, and so I hope that you're getting the feedback you need. If you decide to work with a dealership on this, please do keep us posted as we're available to assist in that process.

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service