: 08 ESV rough idle and postcard from Cadillac

Aerohokie
11-21-12, 04:59 PM
While I was deployed to Afghanistan my wife said the Escalade was running very rough, gas mileage suffered. I told her it was possibly bad gas and to put 2 cans of Sea Foam and fresh gas from Shell or Chevron in it. It continued to run that way off and on. It quit after about 2 weeks and then did it again a month later. When I got home there was a postcard that my Cadillac may have a problem causing it run rough, but not to call unless I was having the issue.

Does anyone know what this postcard was about and if I may have that issue?

-Dave

Buff
11-21-12, 09:22 PM
I got a letter too. Mine is 08 but my idle seem fine.

Poncherello
11-22-12, 01:42 PM
I had the same problem with my old 2010 Tahoe. Eventually the MAF is going to go bad and the car won't drive at all. Mine started with rough idle and poor performance then experienced lost acceleration (The rpms were high but the car wouldn't move very well), and then finally it just shurt down on the highway. They replaced the MAF and all was good until I sold it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-24-12, 01:39 PM
Welcome home, Dave, and thank you for your service! You are appreciated!

If we can check the ESV's VIN to see what information we can get from that, please send us the last 8 digits either via direct message or by email at katie_lucille@gmexpert.com

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service