: Cadillac is taking heat over CUE

kiboater
11-21-12, 01:01 PM
http://tinyurl.com/b4zqelv

I own a 2013 SRX and love it. Obviously Cadillac is taking a lot of heat over the CUE system. I am a techie and I can see that once they get their act together CUE will be a lot better than it is now. My wife on the other hand hates it because it is so clunky.

Cadillac deserves the heat. At least XTS owners get an Ipad to help explain the systems. I don't need an Ipad but I would like the instructions. The only videos posted on the 2013 SRX page on Cadillac's website are for the prior year not CUE. They don't even have the 2013 SRX owners manual posted. Cadillac has made no announcement about their plans to update this system and lord knows it needs help. They don't have a website for users to report issues, suggest changes or keep us posted on their plans. A blog for CUE users where they could interact with developers would be something most of us could think of but not Cadillac. I assume Cadillac will improve CUE but I have no assurance.

All the negative publicity will cost Cadillac sales but I have to say they have done nothing to inform current owners or keep them up to date. They deserve the heat for keeping us in the dark.

hambone8
11-21-12, 01:50 PM
Documentation does seem scarce. The my Cadillac app is still missing the 2013 srx manual. I was fortunate enough to use the ipad training app before delivery. I did the basic to advanced training. The advanced was without tips and pointers. Just a task. I assumed before leasing their would be some snags with CUE since it was gen 1. If only someone would license iOS for a vehicle management system. Maybe will get an iCar or iSUV someday soon lol

inspectorudy
11-21-12, 09:27 PM
The CUE people must be the same group that did the SRX nav system. They went back in time to 1980 to come up with their "New" nav system. It looks like the CUE will be back to the future again. Maybe they can find a young Bill Gates or Steve Jobs to teach them how to take an idea from it's infancy to fruition. The biggest asset they have is customer feedback. And you know what? It's free!! GM hasn't had too good a record with things that cost little and require listening to their customers..

Marc NY
11-21-12, 09:33 PM
It seems to me that some people, like the reporter from CR, never seem to deal well with change!

I have the new CUE and love it... yes it does take some time to learn how it functions ... and usually something brand new takes time to understand. I have to agree that there should be a website for CUE users to be able to discuss and address their concerns and questions.

inspectorudy
11-23-12, 01:21 AM
I sat in a '13 and played with the CUE and found it very interesting and like many of its features like the steering wheel controls and the approximate touch idea. I missed the popup screen though and think that if any of you are considering a new SRX with CUE that you get the dealer to let you have one over the weekend to see if it is going to require too much concentration and study. Some people, like my wife, just want a car to be pretty, reliable and easy to use. She did like the voice command feature of the '13 which is where all cars are heading for safety's sake. One needs to be very careful during the first few weeks of ownership of a CUE car to be safe and not get distracted by the human errors or confusing responses from the system. I got a full color photo of the Endeavor space shuttle with every light, screen and switch lit up before many of its functioning instruments were taken out for its final resting place in LA. That picture made me think of the movie "2010, A Space Odyssey" where the humans had almost nothing to do because of "Hal" the central computer who controlled almost everything on the ship. Hal could speak and obey any command presented to him until he turned bad. I envision our SRX's one day being the same way with nothing for us to do except monitor the auto pilot and talk to the computer socially or about personal problems and how to fix them.

stevec5375
11-23-12, 09:25 AM
As Dr. Phil is so found of saying, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." LOL

I can see that my prediction of the first year of CUE is right on the mark. This is based on how many problem I had with the 2010 MY. I just knew that the 2013 model with CUE was going to get bashed for deficiencies. I think Dr. Phil is on to something. ;)

Marc NY
11-23-12, 01:52 PM
... I can see that my prediction of the first year of CUE is right on the mark. This is based on how many problem I had with the 2010 MY. I just knew that the 2013 model with CUE was going to get bashed for deficiencies. I think Dr. Phil is on to something. ;)Steve, your prediction that the CUE was going to have deficiencies was a hard one to make. :bigroll: Why is that? Because, in the real world of “continuous” improvements it will happen to each and every manufacture and not just to GM or the brand new CUE. Based on your above reasoning perhaps I should have never bought my first iPhone 4, or the 4s or my the 5? Perhaps I should have waited for iPhone 6 or 7 to come out? Maybe by then the iPhone maps will be perfected? Is APPLE deemed a terrible company because every new model is an improvement or a fix over the previous model? How about Microsoft software? Should we give up on Microsoft because of a bad Windows program that came out and crashed a lot? It is hard to believe that during a product's life, that the second, third, fourth, fifth generations etc. will be improved upon based on latest technology, improvements and or customer feedback?

Steve, most of your posts to me seem to carry similar themes. I would hazard to guess that when you got your first smart phone you read the manual from cover to cover and had no questions to ask and of course you could figure out every new feature easily right? I would further guess that you would expect that every new phone APP to work perfectly with no updates right? Do you expect that every new Windows system to be the best operating system ever when it first comes out on the market too? All these will certainly get updates in order to address future fixes etc. It appears to me that your next choice of vehicles will certainly not be Cadillac based on your past critical comments made on our SRX website. Most of us on our website are aware that you feel betrayed because you were apparently drawn into buying the first year 2010 GEN II SRX and because of that you still have some lingering issues. I truly am sorry that you experienced some problems with your 2010 as I did too in the early production run, however my 2010 was fixed to my complete satisfaction and my 2012 and so far my 2013 have been a perfect experience for me.

With my 2013 SRX, as all of my other previous new vehicles, I have found to have been an improvement over the previous MY model. I fully expect that 2014 and beyond will also be enhanced and improved as well. Below are just a few of the many enhancements I have seen made from my first 2010 SRX to my latest and certainly not my last SRX.

Improvements since the 2010 MY SRX:

-Free Oil Changes and Tire Rotation
-Auto Dry Brakes
-The new 308 HP 3.6 L engine satisfies the desire for more torque & power and has the most standard power in its class.
-Heated Steering Wheel
-The better sound deadening - dual layer insulated glass and added insulation makes for a quieter cabin.
-Added more elegant front and lower grilles
-2 beautiful new one-piece optional 20" wheels
-New plusher seats give me a more luxurious feeling and my riding experience has dramatically improved.
-CUE is the first interface to use "Natural Voice Recognition" for music, navigation and phone commands.
-New Driver Awareness Package with Rear Cross Traffic Alert/ Forward Collision Alert/ Lane Departure Warning with new Vibrating Alert Seats and the added new Driver Assist Package too

As an avid car enthusiast I will never stop looking for the best combination of latest technologies, newest safety features along with great value and affordability in my next vehicle. To me the new CUE is a huge step forward and with each new software modification and continuous improvements that will be made to it, it will be even that much better! :)

stevec5375
11-23-12, 06:10 PM
Marc,

I'm sure in about 2-3 years CUE will be fine. After all, to hear you tell it, your 2012 was marvelous. So it took from 2010 to 2012 to get it all working. I predict (there's that pesky word you don't like again), that by 2015 CUE will have arrived. Too bad my warranty on my 2010 will be long gone by then. And oh, by the way, don't feel the need to write a novel every time someone else's experience is less stellar than yours. :bigroll:

Huey Driver
11-23-12, 06:17 PM
Its been my experience that Consumer Reports despises any american made car. They may consider themselves unbiased, but they never seem to have ANYTHING good to say, and I cant believe that there isnt anything. They are a niche, where people who like to bitch a lot, get to say their piece. Thats not to say they dont deserve their chance to voice their opinions.
I see far more posts here about how crappy the backup camera or non-HID headlights are. I dont doubt those people are frustrated, for whatever reason. But the fact remains, for every 10 people who voice their displeasure with something on the internet, there are hundreds who are content, and just dont feel a need to add to the SNR by posting it. Pissed off people post, happy people are just happy. Not making any judgement about either group... I'm just sayin'....
That said, I wont waste my time reading the CR report. I dont really care what they say.
And Steve, I would estimate that not a SINGLE thing you predicted is true. You have your opinion that it is slow, refuted by many. And one or two questions about additional apps. Not as single person has complained about crashes or anything as severe as MyFord Touch. CUE is complicated, and I know this because I drove an ATS for a week with it. But there was NOTHING wrong with it.
Whine all you want, bitch all you want, moan all you want. The '13s are getting criticized by some, with no regard to its overall success. And as I finish this post, I am even upset with myself for losing 5 minutes of my time posting my opinion because this stupid computer wont read my thoughts and posting them instantaneously... After all, thats what I THOUGHT I was getting when I bought it!

inspectorudy
11-23-12, 06:25 PM
Marc, you make a good point about every new product that comes out has to start somewhere and the evolution of improvements continue from there. My only problem with your analogy is that most of the software makers have constant upgrades to their initial products that you can either buy or are free like Microsoft auto updates and the indomitable Adobe. If we could expect Cadillac to offer the new and improved version of CUE as it evolves that would be great but we know they won't. I have Windows Vista and it automatically updates at no charge while I sleep. The new Iphone offers updates at no charge when they improve it or fix a glitch and these are cheap products. We have invested tens of thousands of dollars and we get the raspberry from Cadillac when they improve their software. Obviously GM cannot offer us a new engine in our older models when a new engine comes out but software is cheap and would build good customer trust for future car purchases. Maybe they will see the light on this simple matter and pass it on to their good customers even at a small charge to us.

Huey, I too do not care for CR and agree that they ALWAYS find Toyota and Honda the best at everything. I had a 2002 Tahoe that they hated but I had it ten years and only took it back one time for a new ignition switch which they replaced for free. I did have an auto ride problem but that was in the tenth year at 135,000 miles and I traded it for my '11 SRX. I think people like Steve and others feel like that some items don't seem to have been researched very deeply by GM before they were put into our cars. Just today I had to have my front seat passenger work the sun roof because it is such a distraction to make it do anything but open completely or close. My Tahoe was so easy that it required no attention to operate it. Things like that are puzzling because GM made both of the cars and the switches so why the complexity of one and not the other? Another is the HIDs and how much they would have added to the car if they had been standard instead of being offered only on two models as an upgrade. Other creature comforts, like a heated wheel or seats, I can understand them being options but good headlights like they have on KIAs and Hyundai's? Not so much.

Marc NY
11-23-12, 06:45 PM
... Obviously GM cannot offer a new engine when a new model comes out but software is cheap and would build good customer trust for future car purchases. Maybe they will see the light on this simple matter and pass it on to their good customers.I would certainly have to agree with you 100% on that point! I will have to ask around but I do believe that one reason GM's OEM Vendor has put into the CUE the ability to easily look up the software version, is perhaps to be able to better help owners to verify and update future revisions. I would hope that the OEM Vendor will allow for a updates as needed. What I would love to see is the system being able to update through OnStar or perhaps by using your Internet phone service rather having to rely on going to the Dealership to do that.

stevec5375
11-23-12, 07:58 PM
I can only imagine the outrageous expense I'm going to incur when my 2010 is out of warranty and needs a software update. My 2010 has 18K miles on it and it's been in the shop more than my last 3 Infinitis were combined. This is but one example of why CR "hates" American cars.

A lot of Consumer Reports data is derived from surveys of customers who actually own the vehicles. So if the customers are relaying bad experiences and giving low marks, we need to send you guys out to give them a good talkin' to about how to not expect so much of their $40-50K vehicle.

I think that dealerships should be required to disclose how much a warranty repair would have cost the customer if they would have had to pay for it. That way they at least have some idea of where they are headed when the warranty runs out. Do they ditch the bitch and make a switch, buy an extended warranty, or cross their fingers and pray nothing breaks?

Marc NY
11-23-12, 09:55 PM
I can only imagine the outrageous expense I'm going to incur when my 2010 is out of warranty and needs a software update... How much $$$ do you consider is an "outrageous expense" ... ? BTW: Have you ever thought to ask your dealer what it may cost to have a software update... that is if you needed one and if you were actually out of warranty???

Hmm, no I didn't think so... :gah:

paid4c4
11-24-12, 12:29 AM
I don't care for CR either, they're just to bias in too many areas. I've had an opportunity to have a CUE SRX for a weekend and thought it was OK. Like any new technology it will improve over time, so the 14s and 15s will be improved. I'll be due for a new car in 15 so I hope all the bugs are out and improvements have completed.
Bill

300:29:1
11-24-12, 08:35 AM
I don't care for CR either, they're just to bias in too many areas. I've had an opportunity to have a CUE SRX for a weekend and thought it was OK. Like any new technology it will improve over time, so the 14s and 15s will be improved. I'll be due for a new car in 15 so I hope all the bugs are out and improvements have completed.
Bill

Consumer Reports is just not a good resource in this area. They rarely have reports on vehicles that are issuable. They nit pick and do exhibit bias at times. I'm not specifically referring to CUE.

NJRonbo
11-26-12, 02:35 PM
Hey Everyone!

Just went from a 2010 SRX lease to a 2013.

The big factor in staying with Cadillac was CUE.

Now to read that it might not be everything it's cracked up to be is a bit disheartening.

I take delivery of my vehicle at the end of the week.....

Should I expect problems with CUE? Is it not totally refined as of yet? If it isn't, hopefully it can be fixed via software upgrades rather than hardware whose benefits I won't see until my next lease in another 3 years.

Marc NY
11-26-12, 03:22 PM
Well I have to say for me the CUE is an awesome feature to have! Yes it does take some getting used to in how it responds and or operates and some may feel it is a little bit slow or sluggish. However, I find it to be the blend of the best response time that one can or should expect from that type of technology. Why because when your hand goes to the touch screen as one is driving it is very easy to miss point your finger and hit the wrong area by mistake and if the screen was too fast of a response you might be more aggravated by having to back out and start over again. I find that a slight momentary hesitation to be the best of both worlds. You get the hepatic feedback confirming your selection while you also see the background of the icon you have selected turn red also helping to confirm your selection. Unfortunately those that are in a hurry or rush as most of us are get slightly annoyed with the momentary hesitation that the CUE sometimes exhibits.

I find so far the new NAV is quite awesome too. The NAV screen actually moves in and out depending on your programed destination. It will move outward when the screen splits to give the driver a better view and then it will zoom in towards ... say your exit so the driver can view the exit more precisely to know better of the turn they have to negotiate. I think that is a super feature to be able to have... watching the NAV screen zoom in and out is one amazing feature to see indeed!

NJRonbo
11-28-12, 07:08 AM
Still waiting on delivery of my vehicle but continuing to read all about it.

One of the things I am rather disappointed about in CUE, at least in the SRX, is the fact that it's being done half-assed compared to other vehicle(s).

The SRX isn't getting the cool animated display. I don't know why the engineers didn't go all-out to provide the same cool functionality exists in other models.

Guess that will be updated in the 2014 SRX.

Marc NY
11-28-12, 07:44 AM
The lack of the "FULL" version of the CUE in DIC (Drivers Information Center) on the SRX has been discussed many times. It appears that no one has a real reason just yet why that was not made available ... perhaps there was a size/ design reason why it was only offered on the XTS Cadillac and not the ATS or SRX.

inspectorudy
11-28-12, 09:22 AM
Also, maybe they can explain why the SRX buyers did not get an Ipad like the ATS and XTS buyers did. Same system should have the same support.

NJRonbo
11-28-12, 09:24 AM
That's a great question, although I would have probably opted not to get the iPad and negotiate something close to its worth in exchange.

Does Cadillac really need to charge us more so they can give everyone who buys their vehicles an iPad?

RippyPartsDept
11-28-12, 10:17 AM
i wonder why nobody talks about the natural voice recognition

seems to me that there's no reason to touch the screen if it can understand anything you say
(and therefore no reason to complain about how the screen is slow)

NJRonbo
11-28-12, 10:22 AM
Like to know how "real" that natural voice recognition is.

Seems to me, that everything with voice recognition must have fixed commands.

To go off script, and just say something somewhat relatable and expect CUE to work seems a bit far-fetched.

However, I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know.

Would love to hear from people that use CUE daily. Can you just say something like, "play xm radio channel 37" or "turn up passenger temperature to 75 degrees"?

RippyPartsDept
11-28-12, 10:59 AM
have you ever used something like siri on an iPhone?

NJRonbo
11-28-12, 11:02 AM
Rippy,

That's an excellent point, and I admit I am at a loss of argument on that.

Siri is pretty darn good in deciphering off-the-cuff commands.

Is CUE equally as good? I am just looking at some real-world feedback.

Good response.

RippyPartsDept
11-28-12, 11:28 AM
as far as I know CUE is basically like siri in how it recognizes voice and language

maybe Marc or one of the others with a 2013 can comment

Marc NY
11-28-12, 11:42 AM
Yes RippyPartsDept gentleman above is correct... it reacts a lot like my SIRI on my iPhone and you can select a destination and or a station i.e. XM #16 by voice recognition.

BTW: I located a PDF file for those that may want to read up on CUE and or look up a specefic section to better fimiliaze themselves with the operation of CUE.

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/Cadillac/Global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Owners/Manuals_and_Videos/01_images/2013_xts_cue_manual_v1.pdf

NJRonbo
11-28-12, 12:34 PM
Marc,

Thank you for that link. Already have that file saved and will look it over.

I have the CUE iPad app which has helped out immensely. I set it on EXPERT mode (with goals) and I was amazed how easy it was to figure out how to use it with very little instruction. Mind you, I am an avid iPad and Android user and CUE incorporates a lot of the same intuitive menus and gestures into its platform.

The elderly, however, will not find it easy. Spoke to an elderly couple who was in for service while I was negotiating a deal, and they said they found CUE very difficult to use.

allgm
11-28-12, 12:43 PM
January issue of Automobile magazine has a comparison test of CUE and 5 other infotainment systems.
Myford touch ,Audi MMI touch , Toyota Entune, BMW iDrive, Hyundai Blue Link. Looks like they are all a work in process.

inspectorudy
11-28-12, 04:20 PM
Oh No! I can just see the guy next to me at the red light arguing with his CUE over some personal issue! It's gotten bad enough in the men's room where it sounds like the guy in the next stall is talking to you but in reality is on his phone. Now it will appear that SRX drivers have lost their minds.

algiorda
11-28-12, 05:18 PM
I test drove the 2013 with Cue and Navigation and I was quite impressed. The Voice recognition was awesome. You can talk at regular speed and it recognizes everything you say. It actually goofs up the slower you talk! I found the CUE interface intuitive and easy to use. I'm a geek, so that probably helps. I could see my wife having serious issues using it as she is "Technophobic".

NJRonbo
11-28-12, 05:31 PM
This is good news. I didn't even test drive my 2013 SRX as I was so impressed with the 2010. So, I am looking forward getting into it in a few days and trying out CUE.

stevec5375
11-28-12, 08:14 PM
Here's the latest Consumer Reports article on CUE:

CADILLAC
New Cadillac CUE infotainment system frustrates
Nov 21, 2012 9:00 AM

Our newly tested Cadillac XTS is a wonderfully luxurious sedan, with a very spacious and well-appointed cabin. However, the XTS is hampered by a new high-tech infotainment system called CUE, for Cadillac User Experience.

With CUE, conventional buttons and knobs are replaced by a touch screen and flush touch-sensitive buttons. The system is so convoluted and frustrating that it detracts from the XTS's easy-going and otherwise pampering environment.

CUE has some things going for it. The system looks extremely impressive in the showroom, with the center dashboard being a swath of glossy piano black and chrome accents. And smart-phone connectivity and voice-command functions mostly work well. But a deeper look reveals plenty of issues.

The customizable touch screen looks nice and lets you sort icons to your liking and delete ones you don't use. But CUE hides some icons from sight until your hand comes within proximity of the screen. That creates something of a moving target, frustrating your ability to easily aim for desired on-screen spot. You're often flipping through screens, taking several steps to find what you want. And the touch screen sometimes needs a rather hard tap to register an input.

Cadillac aimed to model CUE after the input methods on a smart phone or tablet, incorporating swipe gestures. However, scrolling through menus can be slow and cumbersome. Doing this action just isn't the same as when you're using handheld electronics, partly because you can give them more attention since you're (hopefully) not driving when using them.

Forget about blindly reaching for a big knob to crank up the volume or dial in a station—because there aren't any. Instead you need to take your eyes from the road to find the fussy flush control you want. It looks like you should tap the raised "metal" sections on the panel, but you're actually supposed to tap just above them where the labels appear.

A unique feature is that CUE tries to duplicate the touch "haptic" feedback of a normal button by sending a small vibration through the screen or control beneath your finger tip. But this often is ill-timed or slow to react. It all seems like a lot of complication just to make a button look high-tech.

Steering-wheel mounted buttons can be quicker and easier than using the screen and center stack, but you can wind up diving deep into on-screen menus. The steering wheel toggle is really overly complicated and pushing straight-in to "select" an entry only works part of the time.

Perhaps it's inevitable to ask how CUE compares to MyFord/MyLincoln Touch, Ford's also-frustrating high-tech control system. On the plus side, CUE generally has larger fonts and simpler screens. In our experience, it isn't as buggy as MyFord Touch. However, it's considerably easier to navigate the Ford system's logic, making it less of a hassle to find what you want. And some versions of MyFord Touch still have conventional buttons and knobs, unlike CUE.

Since this is the first iteration of CUE, the system will undoubtedly evolve. We expect ongoing updates like Ford has done with MyFord Touch. But CUE is destined to spread through the Cadillac line-up, starting with the XTS and ATS and moving to the SRX for 2013. This is a shame, because this control system definitely will hurt our test scores for these otherwise nice cars.

Check out our video below for more on Cadillac's CUE system. And see our detailed XTS road test, complete with a road test video.

TheCaptain
11-29-12, 06:31 AM
You don't have to take your eyes off the road to crank up/down the volume. You have a steering wheel button, and once everybody figures out how to use the volume "slide" control, it will be second nature.

My dad who hasn't played with touchscreen tech too much was confused when using CUE because he wasn't keeping track of where some of his fingers were touching, and so other fingers were selecting items that he wasn't wanting. He figured it was CUE's fault until i pointed out his three fingers touched before his main did.

And about an Ipad with the vehicle? Maybe some of us don't want any crapple products...

RippyPartsDept
11-29-12, 09:09 AM
I wonder why CR didn't even mention the natural voice recognition...

inspectorudy
11-29-12, 10:27 AM
My experience with CR has been that they praise only the autos that they have praised in the past. Innovation has never been big with them unless it was one of the many loser EV's that they love. It was obvious from the article that they did not give the CUE the amount of time it required to master or to take advantage of its many new features. They treat it like a rental car and expect it to be instantly understandable and usable by the untrained. Those days are rapidly vanishing for most of the high end cars and we as the driving public should expect to spend more time learning how to use our new high tech gadgets. To me the most obvious path is voice control. No other method offers the safety of that approach. For CR not to have at least attempted to use it and tout its inherent safety is indicative of their bias.

RippyPartsDept
11-29-12, 05:16 PM
To me the most obvious path is voice control. No other method offers the safety of that approach. For CR not to have at least attempted to use it and tout its inherent safety is indicative of their bias.

:yeah:

exactly

stevec5375
11-29-12, 05:26 PM
My experience with CR has been that they praise only the autos that they have praised in the past. Innovation has never been big with them unless it was one of the many loser EV's that they love. It was obvious from the article that they did not give the CUE the amount of time it required to master or to take advantage of its many new features. They treat it like a rental car and expect it to be instantly understandable and usable by the untrained. Those days are rapidly vanishing for most of the high end cars and we as the driving public should expect to spend more time learning how to use our new high tech gadgets. To me the most obvious path is voice control. No other method offers the safety of that approach. For CR not to have at least attempted to use it and tout its inherent safety is indicative of their bias.

Funny you should say that. There were quite of number of postings following the CUE review that took CR to task for being stuck in the past. I have to agree. My main beef with CUE is I think they used an under-powered processor in this first incarnation--just like the engine in my 2010 is under-powered. They finally put a 3.6L engine in the 2012 model and the last loaner I had much more power which made all the difference in the world.

I think when CUE gets a better processor, the lag that so many reviewers have complained about will be gone. If there is one thing I absolutely hate in touch screen interfaces, it's lag. My first Android phone had that problem until I rooted it and put a custom ROM on it. Problem solved. Now I just picked up a new Samsung Galaxy Note II with a quad-core processor, no lag at all.

If the touch screen can't keep up with Data (from Star Trek the Next Generation), then it's too slow! LOL!!

NJRonbo
11-29-12, 05:30 PM
Steve,

First, the Note 2 ROCKS! Just got one.

Second, as I await to pick up my new SRX, just how bad is the lag on CUE?

stevec5375
11-29-12, 05:38 PM
Steve,

First, the Note 2 ROCKS! Just got one.

Second, as I await to pick up my new SRX, just how bad is the lag on CUE?

Cue lag? Well, that's a matter of person preference, I think. For me, it's too much. I don't like to wait between actions. I want the screen to snap. CUE doesn't snap. When driving down the road I want minimal distraction and I don't think CUE is fast enough to deliver that yet. The steering wheel controls mitigate that somewhat since you don't have to fiddle with the touch screen. I don't own a Caddy with CUE but just played with one at the dealership for a while. For me, it's wait and see.

inspectorudy
11-29-12, 10:02 PM
I just flew to LA and back and the seat back touch screens were slow to respond but once you understood that they were slow it was easy to use them. In a car while driving it makes sense to have a slow response so that you can make a touch and then look back at the road and then back at the screen. If it was instantaneous then you would stay focused on the screen and the sequence required to the destination input you desired. I can see GM not wanting the driver to type and respond as fast as he/she could on his/her home computer. Really, stop and think about it. Can you actually type on apps and the responses that they give and drive safely at the same time? I think that the voice response will take over the touch screen for most of us as soon as we can master it.

Huey Driver
11-30-12, 08:08 AM
NJR,
I think everyone will be very interested to hear your actual use remarks. I drove an ATS for over a week with cue, didnt just read about it, didnt just play with it for a few minutes.
It doesnt seem to matter to the discussion, but I have to refute every thing thats been said about CUE. I guess its why I just shake my head at CR and other comments. I dont know what they evaluated. I could go over every single criticism, but its a waste of time to argue over. Suffice to say, I disagree with everything. Feedback is firm and positive, its fast and sure and full featured. I did not use the voice processing, so cant comment on that, but it seems voice is the one thing that its agreed is functional.
I'm sure after you've used it for a while, not just a couple minutes, you'll agree, as all of the ACTUAL users here have said.

NJRonbo
11-30-12, 08:22 AM
Huey,

I am a huge tech geek. I run a very large Home Theater board, very much like this one.

I also read Consumer Reports on a regular basis -- but not for tech reviews. As someone who has a general familiarity with the latest gadgets, I am continually in disbelief over the things Consumer Reports says about certain televisions and electronics. I think they do much better rating dishwashers, paint and detergents than they do electronics. Then again, since those latter subjects are not my expertise, perhaps they are just as bad rating those things.

I think all of us agree that Consumer Reports is not necessarily the final word in rating a product.

Getting my SRX this weekend (hopefully). Will come back with my thoughts on CUE in about a week. Perhaps there will be other thoughts posted here before then.

Thanks for putting me in a more optimistic mood about CUE. I really liked reading your take on it, Huey.

st4422
11-30-12, 10:51 AM
I'm an electrical engineer and long time computer user/programmer, also an iPad and iPhone user. After using CUE for a month on my 2013 SRX, I think it performs well. The only issue I have occasionally seen is a slow and jerky icon animation when leaving the home screen. It doesn't happen every time though. The icons reduce in size and fade away but it's not real smooth. It may be due to another resource hungry background task running. Overall I'm extremely happy with it.

sube5186
11-30-12, 01:07 PM
I'm a techno geek myself, so I always welcome any type of new computer technology. My question is this. What are the technologically challenged folks (like my Dad) supposed to do with a system like CUE? Dad never did figure out how to program the VCR. Now everyone's moved on to DVRs and he's more confused than ever. Maybe there should be an alternative to CUE. How about having a traditional system with good old fashioned "buttons" and making CUE an option? I understand Cadillac is trying to appeal to the younger generation. But they're doing so at the risk of losing their older fan base. I can't imagine the average 70 year old mastering CUE with any fluidity.

Sube

beachcad
11-30-12, 01:14 PM
I'm a techno geek myself, so I always welcome any type of new computer technology. My question is this. What are the technologically challenged folks (like my Dad) supposed to do with a system like CUE? Dad never did figure out how to program the VCR. Now everyone's moved on to DVRs and he's more confused than ever. Maybe there should be an alternative to CUE. How about having a traditional system with good old fashioned "buttons" and making CUE an option? I understand Cadillac is trying to appeal to the younger generation. But they're doing so at the risk of losing their older fan base. I can't imagine the average 70 year old mastering CUE with any fluidity.

Sube

voice control...

Likely
11-30-12, 03:10 PM
Well said sube!!!!! The CUE is not for the old folks and maybe not for all the young as well!!!!

inspectorudy
11-30-12, 03:36 PM
sube that is one of the most condescending and biased statements I have ever read on a car forum. I am a senior and I love computers, gadgets and electronic improvements of any kind. I would never insult your Dad by calling him electronically ignorant and I do not think you should call me or any other member of this forum that either. One thing I can tell you about getting old is that you look for the simplest most trouble free method of doing things. This comes from many years of trying different ways to accomplish the same tasks. We have learned that the old term KISS is probably the most important thing in preventing operational errors. CUE is the first step in a long process that is looking to make driving easier and more friendly and as a gadget it is fun to play with. Trouble free? Ease of use? Distracting? We will see, but in the mean time lay off us old folks and try and see if you can program your Iphone.

11-30-12, 06:02 PM
sube that is one of the most condescending and biased statements I have ever read on a car forum. I am a senior and I love computers, gadgets and electronic improvements of any kind. I would never insult your Dad by calling him electronically ignorant and I do not think you should call me or any other member of this forum that either. One thing I can tell you about getting old is that you look for the simplest most trouble free method of doing things. This comes from many years of trying different ways to accomplish the same tasks. We have learned that the old term KISS is probably the most important thing in preventing operational errors. CUE is the first step in a long process that is looking to make driving easier and more friendly and as a gadget it is fun to play with. Trouble free? Ease of use? Distracting? We will see, but in the mean time lay off us old folks and try and see if you can program your Iphone.

Old, young, or in the middle, some would prefer simpler. BMW forced iDrive on buyers, and I can tell you that it can be downright frustrating at times! I had a 2006 530xi, and couldn't adjust the climate or radio without first waiting for the system to boot up(sometimes 20+ seconds) and then drilling through menus. I like my SRX because I can press easy to understand buttons. This is my first Cadillac and I'm pleased with the tech features, but like the straightforward operation of many things. I'm already thinking that this may be my last Cadillac with all the talk of CUE. I felt this way even before the comments here. If CUE is not optional, you can count me out. I should also say that I like technology, but there's a limit.

kiboater
11-30-12, 07:24 PM
I can't imagine the average 70 year old mastering CUE with any fluidity.
Sube

I am sure Sube will be able to convince Cadillac to buy back my 2013 SRX because I am too old to drive it. I am glad Sube is an expert on CUE with his 2010 SRX.

sube5186
11-30-12, 07:39 PM
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. What I was trying to say is that the older we all get, the less enthusiastic we are about change. Most people who have been driving cars with buttons for 50 years aren't going to be too eager having the relearn the operational process. For those of you who are up in years and this doesn't apply, more power to you, but I doubt you're in the majority. No need to get offended. I'm really not that far behind you myself.

Sube

Marc NY
11-30-12, 07:51 PM
In all fairness I have found Sube to be a member who has a lot of great insight, knowledge and is one that exhibits a lot of positive attitude on our website. His comments have been very useful to me and many others during my short time on the SRX website. I honestly think his comments were not meant to be disparaging to any particular age group especially our elderly members. I am 62 and I certainly enjoy new hi tech gadgets i.e. iPhone 5 & CUE etc.

The problem I find with the learning curve of the new CUE is that I am so darn busy that I really don't take the time I should to sit down and thoroughly go through all of the instructions and owner’s manual. I must admit that I am somewhat lazy for I usually will go thru an owner’s manual or instructions sheet when all else fails me. LOL

NJRonbo
11-30-12, 07:53 PM
In all fairness I have found Sube to be a member who has a lot of great insight, knowledge and is one that exhibits a lot of positive attitude on our SRX website. His comments have been very useful to me and many others during my short time on the SRX website.

Sube? He was here 3 years ago when I got my 2010 SRX. He and I had many great conversations and I agree with Marc, he's been nothing but helpful and courteous.

He's not the kind of person that would purposely make disparaging remarks.

11-30-12, 08:26 PM
Why is it that if someone doesn't like or want CUE, they are branded a troublemaker? Some folks just want to get in the car and be able to wing it. Sure you can read the manual and get more out of it, but that shouldn't be a requirement. For the record, I'm 48 and have always considered myself to be a gadget and tech guy. I just don't want my car to have an iPad looking screen that controls everything. Too problematic. Can you say My Ford Touch? While some may embrace this, it seems to me that it's going to take some time to work it it out. SRX buyers shouldn't be beta testers.

hambone8
11-30-12, 09:50 PM
15 year IT guy here. 37 yr old. and, no i dont work at the geek squad at your local big box store. I never expected an automobile management system ( lack of a better description) to impress me as much as a fourth and fifth generation iOS device. I was willing to be far less demanding on the system. I am very pleased with the cue overall baring a few issues that I don't consider a deal breaker. Never anticipated the voice recognition to be as good as siri ( same company provides the voice) at this time. Gotta keep in mind this is generation 1. I don't recall many gen 1 products that wasn't ****ed up some areas. I never thought cue was having hardware issues. It's all software which CAN be patched. I strongly believe these type of systems are our future and they will only get more intricate, powerful, risky, buggy, amazing, and frustrating as time goes on. Yeah, it's going to be a pain in the ass at times, but when it works it will be a sight to see. The tl:dr for you redditors out there is bring it with your tech heavy vehicles. Not only will I adapt to it, but also embrace it.

And I just recently learned, 3 2013 or 2014
gm vehicles will feature an apple licensed version of Siri next year. Ina few years cue or equivalent will be "featured" in every vehicle.

Fear SKYNET

Apologies just in case. Buzzed....

RippyPartsDept
12-01-12, 12:00 PM
1) don't touch the screen while driving
2) use voice control when ever possible and the 5-way steering wheel control when you can't use voice
3) love your CUE

NJRonbo
12-01-12, 12:46 PM
I would like to start a general CUE HELP thread for this SRX forum if one doesn't already exist. I'll wait to hear from the resident experts before considering to do that.

I just took possession of my new 2013 SRX this morning. I probably spent about 30 minutes setting up and using CUE. Now mind you, 30 minutes is not a lot of time to get to know a system like this. However, I feel that I accomplished quite a bit in that short amount of time and even got a general idea of how well CUE really performs.

In less than 15 minutes I was able to set up all my radio presets. Pretty easy stuff. Tune to the station you want and hold the preset button. I am really pleased by the amount of pages of presets that are available. I think I filled up 3 pages worth, perhaps 4 (if it goes that high).

The voice command is pretty incredible. I was amazed how accurate it was. For instance, I started by saying "Play XM 34." The responder repeated my command and tuned to XM 34. So, just for kicks I said, "Play 20 on 20." That's the name of an XM channel. The responder immediately recognized the request and tuned to XM 20 on 20. So, I don't even have to remember station numbers -- just say the name of the channel.

Coming off of a 2010 SRX I was really won over how much this technology improved. In my 2010, the voice command would never recognize what I said on the first try. Here, it was effortless.

As for CUE, I found it very fast and responsive thus far. In fact, it was incredibly intuitive to use, but then again, I have been using iPads, iPhones and Android devices for the past few years so basically the interface and thought process is not far off from that. It seems Cadillac Engineers actually asked themselves how an iPhone/iPad/Android user would approach this system. If you have any of those devices, you'll figure out CUE immediately.

I need more time with this, of course, and I do have questions. I want to start a new thread where I'll ask them. Is that okay or does one exist here?

Marc NY
12-01-12, 01:33 PM
I would like to start a general CUE HELP thread for this SRX forum if one doesn't already exist. I'll wait to hear from the resident experts before considering to do that... I need more time with this, of course, and I do have questions. I want to start a new thread where I'll ask them. Is that okay or does one exist here?I would ask TheCaptain if we could have him start up a special thread or a special forum where we can address all our CUE questions in. This way for those that want to participate can go to that special topic thread to talk about issues or questions they may have with their new CUE system and for those that don't want to talk about the CUE they won't have to visit that thread or particular forum. That is why we add "topic" specific forums on my other car fanactic/ enthusiast website where I am an Administrator on. :)

RippyPartsDept
12-01-12, 01:36 PM
There should probably be a CUE subforum that is not tied to each vehicle's subforum so the CUE stuff doesn't get fragmented between all the vehilces but maybe have it sym-linked in each vehicle's sub-forum so it's easy to get to and notice

NJRonbo
12-01-12, 01:38 PM
Marc and Rippy,

Thanks.

Sending a PM to TheCaptain now. Going to quote Rippy's excellent suggestion.

RippyPartsDept
12-01-12, 01:45 PM
yeah i've been meaning to say that for a while now
i kind of half-figured that the admin team was going to do it eventually
but we're already at a point where there's a ton of cue threads all over the place in the xts, ats, and srx forum
(and other places like the lounge)

NJRonbo
12-01-12, 03:03 PM
TheCaptain is moving forward on the suggestion.

TheCaptain
12-01-12, 05:38 PM
I will let you guys know when and where (and what) we set up.

NJRonbo
12-01-12, 05:39 PM
Thank you, Sir. Hopefully soon as I have questions about
CUE I am anxious to get answered.

inspectorudy
12-03-12, 08:17 PM
The number guy 300.xxx.xx has it right. The new Windows 8 offers the new owner the option of going back to a basic W7 screen and operating system if he/she wants it. No new expensive auto should require anyone to become a slave to a system that they may not want to use. Hello buttons! Remember them? They are the ones that never move and you always know how and where to turn on the A/C or the radio. Where the volume is and where the preset buttons will take you. I am not against the new ideas but to not offer an alternative will turn this new Caddy into a young person's buggy real fast. I hate to tell GM but the young people are not where the money is and they had better start looking at a cheaper line of cars if they are going to promote high tech as their future. Movie editing is just like the computer industry. Why you may ask. Because they both are run by people who are totally familiar with the subject and do not understand what an unfamiliar person's view point is. Have you ever noticed a movie that has been heavily edited where you cannot follow the story? That's because they are so familiar with the script that they can cut almost anything from it and still now what's going on but we can't. The computer guys are the same way. They think a certain way and they have been designing software for so long that they cannot see it from a new comer's view point. CUE is a lot like that and they had better wake up to the fact that most older people are not happy with having to go to school to drive and control their cars. The secret is to have a system that is totally voice activated when desired but have analog back up when a friend or relative uses your car. Can you imagine giving your new SRX to a friend and telling them to read the manual before they drive it? How absurd but that is the direction GM is headed. I think the bottom line is that these infotainment systems are great fun and can be an asset but we should not become the slaves to the high tech masters. GM beware!

Huey Driver
12-04-12, 08:00 AM
inspector, the one flaw in your thinking is that I cannot imagine giving my new SRX to a friend... :highfive:

RippyPartsDept
12-04-12, 01:32 PM
i would tell my friend to hit the voice button and just start talking to it and see what the car can do

inspectorudy
12-04-12, 02:36 PM
I hope you both possess real good liability insurance coverage. I can only imagine the confusion when the new driver gets the radio volume when they really wanted A?C temp control. Or when out of the blue the system voice makes a suggestion when the new driver is not aware that there is anyone in the car with them. I do believe that a simple analog on/off switch would be an immense help to new drivers who are more concerned about their own safety than being cool. Using my nifty GPS NAV system today in Atlanta showed me that there really isn't any form of intelligence in the computer just stupid binary on/off switches that lead the system to promote routes that are so ridiculous so as not to be believed. This is an exciting time for us car lovers to be driving but don't get too deep in the total commitment to it. I consider you 2013 SRX owners the pioneers of GM's new direction and your feedback will be crucial to the development and improvement to it. I only hope the bean counters will listen to you.

RippyPartsDept
12-04-12, 04:31 PM
:mystery: anyone can manage to test drive these death traps of technology :ohnoes:

Marc NY
12-04-12, 04:43 PM
:mystery: anyone can manage to test drive these death traps of technology :ohnoes:

:doh: :lawl:

Likely
12-04-12, 10:56 PM
inspectorudy....

WELL SAID!!!!! I agree, the CUE in my opinion is not what they thought it would be.....

Ponyman
12-04-12, 11:07 PM
Perhaps if either of you actually owned a car with CUE in it, you would be more qualified to comment. While I haven't even begun to scratch the capabilities, I am VERY happy with the features I have used, and look forward to exploring the system more. Of course that may not be possible, considering that I am one of those unfortunate souls just a breath from death's door that Sube was describing. However, I am able to program my own DVR ( used to be VCR), and feel that with the help of others on this board that have and use CUE that I will muddle through. Just like the 13 is a drastic improvement over the 10's, 11's, and 12's, the future CUE system will improve and be better. If nobody had bought the 10's there likely wouldn't have been later models. Same still goes for the advanced features and electronics.

NJRonbo
12-05-12, 06:41 AM
Perhaps if either of you actually owned a car with CUE in it, you would be more qualified to comment.

I am in agreement. I think the most valued opinions come from the owners.

Yes, there are some learning curves to this system, though if you are an iPhone/iPad/Android user you probably will pick it up immediately.

For the most part, I really like the CUE system. It's certainly miles ahead of any other similar technology I have experienced. There are still some minor things I wish they did better -- and I am still struggling with problems with the right songs being played on my iPod -- but I would still take CUE over the prior system I had in my 2010 SRX.

inspectorudy
12-05-12, 04:35 PM
Perhaps if either of you actually owned a car with CUE in it, you would be more qualified to comment. While I haven't even begun to scratch the capabilities, I am VERY happy with the features I have used, and look forward to exploring the system more. Of course that may not be possible, considering that I am one of those unfortunate souls just a breath from death's door that Sube was describing. However, I am able to program my own DVR ( used to be VCR), and feel that with the help of others on this board that have and use CUE that I will muddle through. Just like the 13 is a drastic improvement over the 10's, 11's, and 12's, the future CUE system will improve and be better. If nobody had bought the 10's there likely wouldn't have been later models. Same still goes for the advanced features and electronics.
I don't think you read my statement very carefully because I said that it was a great system that you '13 owners will pave the way for the future mods to it. I also said that there should be a non-owners switch that would allow someone not familiar with CUE to easily drive the car ie a rental car. What you do to learn your car's system is your time and effort but to my knowledge there have been no production autos made that required a training course before a driver could use it. I am sure that once you all get real familiar with your cars you will be grinning from ear to ear and will be proud to show off all the new tricks it can do. I still maintain that GM is making a mistake by not offering an alternative simpler system for those who do not live and die by their Iphones/Ipads/Ipods. BTW, if we non '13 owners are not allowed to comment then does that mean that my doctor has to get cancer before he can treat my cancer?

RippyPartsDept
12-05-12, 04:51 PM
what makes you think that CUE is hard to learn and not intuitive?

are you not understanding that it's natural voice recognition means that you don't need to learn commands... you just talk normally and it will figure it out

there's nothing to learn

Ponyman
12-05-12, 05:26 PM
You can discuss anything you want Inspecto. It is a free country, I am just saying you would have a lot more credability if you actually owned a vehicle with the CUE in it. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Ponyman
12-05-12, 06:33 PM
You are so right Rippy. Our old 10, I couldn't make it understand anything I said. The 13 follows all my commands without constantly asking me to repeat, or giving the wrong information. So far, I am tuning the radio, making phone calls from the contact list, or by giving it a phone number, and best of all, it takes navigation commands while the vehicle is moving. No more having to be stopped before you can enter a destination. I look forward to learning more as we drive it. You don't need an instruction manual to do just the basics. Our sales person gave us about a 15 minute tutorial on the basic features and we were off, without any problems.

kiboater
12-05-12, 06:59 PM
what makes you think that CUE is hard to learn and not intuitive?
are you not understanding that it's natural voice recognition means that you don't need to learn commands... you just talk normally and it will figure it out there's nothing to learn

Rippy:

I am relatively new to Cadillac and this forum. When it comes to Cadillac parts you are probably the ace of the base. Maybe the best parts guy out there.

But when it comes to CUE you don't have a clue.

RippyPartsDept
12-06-12, 10:02 AM
telling me i don't know what i'm talking about without saying why isn't very helpful

please enlighten us all ... I welcome the education (part of the reason I'm even here at all)

kiboater
12-06-12, 06:37 PM
Chris: To imply that all you need to do with CUE is tell it what you want is simply something that Cadillac may use in their advertising but in reality is not true. It is correct that you can tell CUE to dial a certain radio station, call a number in your contact list or put a destination into the nav system. But it will only do these things 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time it either does not understand or does something else.

But after a phone call you can not tell it to return to the nav screen. You cannot zoom in or out on the nav screen or do anything else to nav except put in destinations. You can not make any changes to heating or ac systems. Any of these things require you to make the changes on the stack which requires you to take your eyes off the road. CUE cannot do anything with Onstar. The manual says it will read text messages but this is not true.

CUE might do lots of these things someday but not today. It is like saying that an electronic parts catalog will let anyone look up parts. It will help a parts guy but it is not going to replace one.

NJRonbo
12-07-12, 03:46 PM
After a few more days with CUE I am getting very frustrated with its bugginess, particularly with iPod playback.

I'm not even certain that the Cadillac CUE team is being as helpful as they should be in getting this fixed. I was promised I would be put into one-on-one email contact with a Cadillac rep, and that has yet to happen despite numerous emails to them.

If you have an iPod with a large music library you may not hear the song you selected to play. This is the problem I am having. I select a song and it plays another. After numerous attempts it seems to finally get it right, but is that what we should expect from something installed in a Cadillac?

Also, playlists are not listed by song alphabetically, but by artist. If you have a playlist full of multiple artists, once you select one song and then go back to the playlist, that entire playlist shrinks to just songs by that artist -- not the entire song list (as it should).

I'll concede that perhaps I am missing a setting somewhere, but by default, I am awfully surprised by the way this system is deciding to display music.

And of course, I am not happy that I can't listen to the music on my iPod that I select.

swgyoooo
12-13-12, 11:17 AM
I think CUE is getting a bad rap here...

I have been driving a 13 SRX Premium for about a week now. BASIC functions work just as easy, or easier than my earlier SRXs. Yes, it is different, but not any harder than learning any other new vehicle.

Now, some of the high tech items...they are a different story. CUE Advocates continue to promise substantial updates in the January timeframe, and I can only hope that the gremlins will finally be deleted from what is otherwise a great system.

And just to head off any comments-I realize there are a lot of people who have been dealing with CUE quirks for a lot longer than me, and that is a bad thing for Cadillac. Let's hope that the "substantial" updates that are around the corner are real and effective.

danscrim
12-20-12, 09:00 AM
CUE Advocates continue to promise substantial updates in the January timeframe

Where did you hear this? I've been trying to find out when we can expect some major updates... to no avail.

CDN XTS
12-25-12, 07:58 PM
I would certainly have to agree with you 100% on that point! I will have to ask around but I do believe that one reason GM's OEM Vendor has put into the CUE the ability to easily look up the software version, is perhaps to be able to better help owners to verify and update future revisions. I would hope that the OEM Vendor will allow for a updates as needed. What I would love to see is the system being able to update through OnStar or perhaps by using your Internet phone service rather having to rely on going to the Dealership to do that.

I second that!

----------

Also, maybe they can explain why the SRX buyers did not get an Ipad like the ATS and XTS buyers did. Same system should have the same support.

Well Canadian buyers of XTS's don't get an iPad and they still have to pay a lot more than the US customer. LOL

ccclarke
01-05-13, 12:20 PM
Cadillac Customer Service:

If you're reading these posts, please pass on the many suggestions presented thus far by frustrated CUE users. Then update them on progress in this area. A lack of communication suggests nothing is being done (even if it is) and decreases past (and future) customer confidence in the product.

I really like the CUE concept, but not the implementation thus far. My experience in the showroom did not knock my socks off with a car that was standing still. At speed, with all the other distractions on the road to manage, I can't imagine it being much better.

Many of the readers of these forums are gathering info to help us make informed decisions toward the purchase of new Cadillacs. I for one, am waiting for GM to get the bugs out of the CUE interface, which is integral to many of the trim levels of the new models. Until then, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for more positve reviews of CUE. Not from the media, but from owners with real-world experience.

Fix it and they will come.

CC

NJRonbo
01-05-13, 12:32 PM
As someone who has been speaking with CUE reps, and for the one who is residing here, there is a substantial upgrade coming in January that will address many of the reported bugs. It will not be OTA, meaning you will need to have your vehicle serviced to get the update.

stevec5375
01-05-13, 08:15 PM
Cadillac Customer Service:

If you're reading these posts, please pass on the many suggestions presented thus far by frustrated CUE users. Then update them on progress in this area. A lack of communication suggests nothing is being done (even if it is) and decreases past (and future) customer confidence in the product.

I really like the CUE concept, but not the implementation thus far. My experience in the showroom did not knock my socks off with a car that was standing still. At speed, with all the other distractions on the road to manage, I can't imagine it being much better.

Many of the readers of these forums are gathering info to help us make informed decisions toward the purchase of new Cadillacs. I for one, am waiting for GM to get the bugs out of the CUE interface, which is integral to many of the trim levels of the new models. Until then, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for more positve reviews of CUE. Not from the media, but from owners with real-world experience.

Fix it and they will come.

CC

I bought a 2010 SRX which was the first model year for the redesign. It was fraught with problems. I swore after that experience I would never buy another version 1 dot 0 anything. I just knew that this CUE was going to be problematic on the first model it came out on. Due to all the software bugs, I won't be buying another Cadillac anytime soon. Why can't Americans seem to do decent quality assurance on anything? It's this hurry-to-market attitude that is killing us.