: Navigation Check Disc Error

mscheuler
11-21-12, 11:08 AM
I just bought a 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum and the navigation says, "Check Disc" and never initializes?
The disc is clean and is the one that came new with the vehicle. I've read something about software reloads on the nav system. What does this mean and what should I do. I'd think if I have to pay to reload the nav it would be better to just get an updated touchscreen with Nav vs. throw more money at this old system. Maybe it's a simple fix. Any help is appreciated.

zapconj
11-21-12, 12:14 PM
I get a similar message on my 04 ext but my disc HS a small scratch on it. I get the message once out of every 15 starts. I was wondering if its the disc or if the system is starting to go... I'm interested in what the other members have to say.

When I do get the message I have to reselect the language then all is good until the next time I have the problem.

flyingdutchman
11-21-12, 12:54 PM
I had the same issues. If you click on the following link it will show you what I ended up doing.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/179052-oem-navigation-repair.html#post1991907

6lbsofSound
11-21-12, 10:38 PM
I had the same issue and it was disc related. I purchased a used disc off eBay and it hasn't had an issue. The updates in the newer nav discs are map related and don't have anything to do with the unit itself.

the cadillac man
11-21-12, 10:44 PM
I had the same issue and it was disc related. I purchased a used disc off eBay and it hasn't had an issue. The updates in the newer nav discs are map related and don't have anything to do with the unit itself.

Yep or make a back up of the disc