: I sure called this one...

truckinman
11-21-12, 09:24 AM
Came home just now to find this around one of our corners that some of the bigger dumb ass's like to try and drift around in our apartment complex.

http://i.pgu.me/YCBz+Erk_original.jpg

Thing if it is, I don't think anybody even knows about it yet. I'm not sure if I should go up to the front office and tell them or not. Nothing looked like it had been picked up around the two cars. Still glass everywhere. Lights were all off in the apartments of the owners of these 2 cars.

As you can see, looks like they missed the turn, nailed that camry hard enough to throw it into the Chrysler van. And it's hard to tell in pic, but the car hit the can so hard, the wheel on the van is bent clean up. Who ever hit that car musta been going EXTREMELY fast for being in an apartment. I'd guess they hit the car at at least 25 mph. And that's assuming they had slowed down by the time they hit it, trying to avoid hitting it. Unbelievable.

----------

You can't see from the pic, but the Camry is only 2 feet from taking out the front door

josney
11-21-12, 11:21 AM
dang, they knocked the crap outta that camry. to get it to move that far, they were hauling ass.

truckinman
11-21-12, 11:30 AM
dang, they knocked the crap outta that camry. to get it to move that far, they were hauling ass.

It worries me bc, our parking spots are right around the very next blind corner..

Ranger
11-21-12, 11:34 AM
At the angle that Camery was it, it wouldn't take a lot to do that damage and move it over like it is. A lot less speed than you may think.

bigm57ict
11-21-12, 11:36 AM
That is scary. :mad2:

If they are well-known regulars around there, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one is the culprit. I'm surprised they were able to drive away from that one.

The Camry is probably totalled. It looks like a late '90's model. The Chrysler, however, looks fairly new.

truckinman
11-21-12, 11:42 AM
That is scary. :mad2:

If they are well-known regulars around there, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which one is the culprit. I'm surprised they were able to drive away from that one.

The Camry is probably totalled. It looks like a late '90's model. The Chrysler, however, looks fairly new.

Yea that's a 97 camry. And I'd say the vans an 08. Yea I thought bout driving around and looking for a smashed up car in the front end but I just figured if they had ANY brain cells left, they'd have at least left the property.

----------

At the angle that Camery was it, it wouldn't take a lot to do that damage and move it over like it is. A lot less speed than you may think.

Yea but by hitting the van hard enough to snap the vans hub/bearing assembly like it did to tilt that wheel, that camry must have hit it pretty hard. Meaning the Camry musta been hit hard enough to hit the van with a strong enough force to do that. I wouldn't say any faster than 25 mph.

dkozloski
11-21-12, 12:34 PM
Write the name and phone number of somebody you don't like on a scrap of paper and put it under the wiper on the van.

truckinman
11-21-12, 12:37 PM
write the name and phone number of somebody you don't like on a scrap of paper and put it under the wiper on the van.

genius!!

The-Dullahan
11-21-12, 01:19 PM
^Alternatively, write their name on your body in sharpie every day. Then, no matter how you die, they will be a suspect.

truckinman
11-21-12, 02:05 PM
We just called the front office bc mornings been touches as of yet. And NO body reported it. They had no idea. Lol. Wow. I really feel my cars are safe now...

creeker
11-21-12, 02:09 PM
Funny nobody heard it.

truckinman
11-21-12, 02:42 PM
Funny nobody heard it.

That's exactly what Chrissy n I said. That HAD to have made enough noise for somebody to hear. So just goes to show "neighborhood watch" is thrown around a tad bit loosely anymore....

creeker
11-21-12, 02:55 PM
That's exactly what Chrissy n I said. That HAD to have made enough noise for somebody to hear. So just goes to show "neighborhood watch" is thrown around a tad bit loosely anymore....

maybe it should be "neighborhood hear".

Ranger
11-21-12, 03:17 PM
Yea but by hitting the van hard enough to snap the vans hub/bearing assembly like it did to tilt that wheel, that camry must have hit it pretty hard.
Ahh, I failed to notice that. Yeah, that was a hard hit.

The-Dullahan
11-21-12, 11:46 PM
Funny nobody heard it.

My thoughts exactly. I have hear far less-severe crashes from much further away in my own neighbourhood. It is rather amazing that no one in that building heard it, with the vehicles being DIRECTLY outside.

rodnok01
11-21-12, 11:58 PM
How could anyone miss that boom from the camry getting tagged?!?
I'm kinda surprised the vehicle that hit those could drive off, they had to of hit the van right on the rim to damage it that bad.

talismandave
11-22-12, 02:48 AM
...unless they had a reason to not hear....them, or party guest?

truckinman
11-22-12, 05:52 AM
What ever the reason it's screwed up. We are thinking bout moving to a nicer complex in march, a quieter one. Have been thinking bout it for a while. Its good bc I'm honestly afraid to park our cars there now. Especially with out assigned parking spaces being in the exact same path around the very next blind corner.

Theres one truck that I THINK may have done this. It's a early 90s ailverado 1500 step side standard cab 2wd. I suspect him bc I always here him on that exact turn, stomping on the gas trying to break the rear end loose from traction. I hear that loud TBI 350 and squealing tires around every corner. Including the corner where we are parked

It kinda makes sense too, bc a truck like that is one of the only vehicles I see around there that's probably stout enough, with it's steel bumpers and heavy frame, to get away with minimal damage. At least minimal enough to drive away

talismandave
11-22-12, 09:22 AM
He may have learned the difference between oversteer and understeer.:lol:

truckinman
11-22-12, 09:58 AM
He may have learned the difference between oversteer and understeer.:lol:

Lol. No kiddin. It had slightly rained that night to so the ground was a little wet. So it's totally plausible, if it were that heavy truck I suspect, when he went to stomp on that skinny pedal, expecting a drift (over steer you speak of Dave) but instead, bc of the wet ground, he could have very easily under steered right into that Camry. Damn I really wanna find that truck now. Lol

----------

Oh and on another note, last night at about 10 PM, we had a police chopper circling our building and the building where this accident happened with a big spot light. Our complex is REALLY turning out to be a grand place.....

02603sec
11-22-12, 04:28 PM
Wow. I guess local law enforcement has it covered

talismandave
11-23-12, 12:15 AM
Oh and on another note, last night at about 10 PM, we had a police chopper circling our building and the building where this accident happened with a big spot light. Our complex is REALLY turning out to be a grand place.....

Time to put on your tin foil hats so they can't read your thoughts.:peeking:

DouglasJRizzo
11-23-12, 12:59 PM
Drive around the neighborhood and you'll probably find a Honda, or similar rice burning buzz box with a ton of body damage and some punk with his waistband around his knees.

Ludacrisvp
11-23-12, 01:18 PM
That's just crazy. that van needs at least a fender and door and several things with the wheel area. The Camry is likely totaled out insurance wise but likely repairable.

truckinman
11-23-12, 06:37 PM
That's just crazy. that van needs at least a fender and door and several things with the wheel area. The Camry is likely totaled out insurance wise but likely repairable.

Oh I'm sure it's repairable technically, bit bet the whole car isn't worth 3k trade in, so I'd bet there's more than 3k damage there. And yea the van will need a new fender, possibly bumper cover, wheel, tire, wheel hub/bearing, and CV joint/axle I'm sure.

CadillacLuke24
11-26-12, 02:10 AM
Time to move.

If it is that moron in the Silverado, and you find him parked in a quiet, outta the way place, you should bust out your tire iron and loosen all of the rear lugs on both rims. That will teach the little chump to drift.

truckinman
11-26-12, 09:46 AM
I get home and they are finally loading the van onto a roll back. Camry still sitting for now

CadillacLuke24
11-26-12, 07:17 PM
Sheesh! Took 'em long enough. They figure out whodunnit?

truckinman
11-26-12, 10:11 PM
Sheesh! Took 'em long enough. They figure out whodunnit?

Not that I'm aware of.

OffThaHorseCEO
12-06-12, 02:11 PM
what ever came of this truckinman? this is crazy stuff...

truckinman
12-06-12, 03:30 PM
what ever came of this truckinman? this is crazy stuff...

Well the van was the only one to ever get towed. The Camry is still sitting there taking up two parking spots. I can't believe the complex hasn't had it towed yet at the owners expense

OffThaHorseCEO
12-06-12, 04:00 PM
wow thats crazy, did you ever end up getting a look at that truck you suspected?

Ludacrisvp
12-06-12, 04:50 PM
Owner probably blames the complex for the issue.

OffThaHorseCEO
12-06-12, 04:57 PM
and in the long run the complex allowed that behavior to continue unchecked for who knows how long. id consider them partially responsible too, especially if the complex bills neighborhood watch fees or something similar

truckinman
12-06-12, 05:52 PM
wow thats crazy, did you ever end up getting a look at that truck you suspected?

Funny thing is, since that night, I haven't seen that truck here or heard it or anything. Lol. Just raises my suspicions.

mikedyk43
01-11-13, 12:18 AM
^Alternatively, write their name on your body in sharpie every day. Then, no matter how you die, they will be a suspect.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all year...even if it is still January!

The-Dullahan
01-11-13, 02:11 AM
Think that's bad? There's this wrecked...I don't know, some Import (they all look the same) on US highway 192 that I saw this morning while coming home from work around 10:00 AM. Anyhow, that is the FOURTH consecutive day it has been there. I know the Camry in your complex has been there longer, but that is in a small parking lot. This is a major highway and it is ON the highway, not off on the side of the road or whatnot.

I saw it several nights ago and dismissed it (as on that evening, I could tell it had only been there since that day, because I did not see it on my way out, earlier the same day). Naturally, I completely forgot about it, as it did not affect me. Well, today when I saw it again, I actually had to slow down to make sure it was not just a similar incident. Nope. Same car.

truckinman
01-11-13, 07:40 AM
Think that's bad? There's this wrecked...I don't know, some Import (they all look the same) on US highway 192 that I saw this morning while coming home from work around 10:00 AM. Anyhow, that is the FOURTH consecutive day it has been there. I know the Camry in your complex has been there longer, but that is in a small parking lot. This is a major highway and it is ON the highway, not off on the side of the road or whatnot.

I saw it several nights ago and dismissed it (as on that evening, I could tell it had only been there since that day, because I did not see it on my way out, earlier the same day). Naturally, I completely forgot about it, as it did not affect me. Well, today when I saw it again, I actually had to slow down to make sure it was not just a similar incident. Nope. Same car.

Wow. That is ridiculous. Yea on a major highway you'd think it'd be taken care of right away. Hm. Are all the wrecker companies on strike? Lol

The-Dullahan
01-11-13, 10:24 AM
As of this morning, the vehicle is gone.

There is a new one about a mile further up the road though. (The first one was around 150 feet from where 192 begins, so it was only two lanes there, which made it even more shocking it stayed that long)