: 1985 Fleetwood Brougham

V-swagon
11-21-12, 01:39 AM
Howdy everybody. I currently have an 85 Fleetwood 2dr that I've owned since 1998. Over the years it had slowly began to return to the earth but I've also have brought it back to life. I pulled the 4100 and put a slightly modded 472 in it with a 400 turbo behind it. Custom 2.5 inch dual exhaust. I replaced the rear end with a posi from a caprice police car. It looks beat down but it ran the quarter mile in 14.24 @ 93 mph shift on the column with the white wall tires. Today some kid stopped by wanted to buy it. I've dumped a lot of money in it and hadent thought about selling it. I'm on the fence about it since I don't drive because the Trans had something break. What do you all think? Should I let it go or keep it?

77CDV
11-21-12, 01:56 AM
If you love it and are going to fix the trans and drive it again, then keep it. If you're going to let it become a lawn ornament, give the kid a crack at it.

V-swagon
11-21-12, 08:43 AM
Yeah I'm not sure when I would get around to fixing it because I have several other project cars that I need to get going. The kid is suppose to stop back through in the next several days.

talismandave
11-21-12, 09:34 AM
I agree that if it doesn't have great emotional attachment, and you have had your fun with it, pass it on to a new younger generation. Then you are free to replace it with the next one that strikes your fancy! There is always another one around the corner!

V-swagon
11-21-12, 10:17 AM
My aunt had bought the car from a GM executive back in 1987 when she worked at GM. I'm just coming to the realization that I should liquidate some of my toys to focus on other projects. I have an unfinished 85 Regal and 73 AMC Hornet that will take money and time to complete. I'm on the fence about because I've got a lot of good parts in the old girl and I know that I won't break even with just part costs. I do agree though about getting the younger generation involved with old school Cadillacs. I've enjoyed it over the years.

talismandave
11-21-12, 01:44 PM
Just the cost of mentorship!:lol: