: 24" Wheels Programming Sensors

davidc21a
11-20-12, 09:30 PM
Hi guys,
I had a quick question. I just upgraded my factory 18" wheels to the 24" Escalade replica wheels today. I took them to a big chain to get them installed, everything went well, after the install the mechanic programmed the sensors with a special tool. When I pulled away everything was fine, maybe out a mile out the sensors started going crazy giving me error messages such as (rear tire low, from tire low, etc). Does anybody know what could have gone wrong? Do you guys think the tech programmed the sensors wrong? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

MrHolland
11-20-12, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the forum!! You might check in the Tech sticky near the top of the page. There is a thread concerning relearning wheel sensors, might find some info in there. Good luck and welcome!!

BEarle
11-20-12, 10:57 PM
I got the 24 inch replicas too and my buddy owns a shop and installed them for me and he told me I couldn't use the stock sensors and that I had to get different ones....

soulsea
11-20-12, 11:05 PM
I had 24s on my Tahoe Hybrid for a few months and it took stock sensors with zero issues ... in fact half my friends' GM SUVs are on 24s and 26s and I haven't heard of any of them with an issue with their sensors.

hcvone
11-21-12, 06:57 AM
We manufacturer wheels, some cheaper wheels, and even some high end wheels can not use the standard valve stem placement, but they can still use the stock sensors by mounting them inside the wheels completely, this can be done by banding, or by one of these type adapters

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/tpms/tpms_mounting.htm