: Eibach Springs

futurectsbuyer
11-20-12, 05:40 PM
Put the order in with 21st century in Dallas. Getting them installed on Wednesday. Never had springs on a car before, but definitely excited about it. Got the springs before the wheels so I could do a few test fits before. I definitely want to go staggered, but everyone is afraid to do it if I plan on lowering in the future. Figured I'd lower first. May actually like the factory wheels after it's lowered...

99flhr
11-21-12, 08:40 AM
FWIW, I installed the Eibach springs in my Mustang GT, looked great, the ride however was horrible. Felt like the strut towers would be deformed over sharp edged bumps. 2 hrs to install plus had the car aligned to correct the camber. 2 hrs to remove and another trip to the alignment rack. For me it was a failed experiment. YMMV may vary depending on road quality and your preference.

JMO etc. etc.

tinman
11-21-12, 12:15 PM
FWIW, I installed the Eibach springs in my Mustang GT, looked great, the ride however was horrible. Felt like the strut towers would be deformed over sharp edged bumps. 2 hrs to install plus had the car aligned to correct the camber. 2 hrs to remove and another trip to the alignment rack. For me it was a failed experiment. YMMV may vary depending on road quality and your preference.

JMO etc. etc.

Interesting. I presume the lovely roads in northeast Ohio didn't help matters.

futurectsbuyer
11-21-12, 12:34 PM
They are not too bad. Going with the Eibach sports springs I think. I'm leaving it up to them since they are the experts. We'll see. I'm use to driving a 6series, so I"m looking for a more sportier ride. Iceolator, exhaust and wheels are next. Then I'll start on the inside. Thinking suede headliner.

TrimThis
11-21-12, 03:02 PM
I put them on my coupe. Lowered the car 1" and the ride is great. You should be happy.

futurectsbuyer
11-28-12, 12:26 PM
Car at the shop getting springs as we speak. Hopefully I'm satisfied with them. Kind of excited. Good thing about it is the wife won't know I've done anything to the car... hehehe!

tinman
11-28-12, 12:29 PM
:mad:

You lil devil.

futurectsbuyer
11-28-12, 12:37 PM
Well when she's always complaining about packages showing up at the door for the car. It get's old. This way she has no idea. I'll just be smiling on the inside..

Bandit1
12-01-12, 03:14 PM
Let us know how things work out. :shhh:

futurectsbuyer
12-04-12, 05:54 PM
springs turned out great. I'll post pics a little later when the car is cleaned. Hard to tell since I have black wheels, but there is a difference.

eborunda
12-06-12, 09:20 AM
springs turned out great. I'll post pics a little later when the car is cleaned. Hard to tell since I have black wheels, but there is a difference.

What about the ride ? Did it turn out to be as harsh as they say ?

futurectsbuyer
12-09-12, 07:53 AM
Turned out vey well, ride is taking a little to get used to. It's not bouncy, but stiffer. Go for it.

09ThunderGray
12-09-12, 07:38 PM
I think you said you were still running the factory wheels, any rubbing issues?

futurectsbuyer
12-10-12, 12:14 AM
No rubbing at all. Sitting right too. I'd keep the factories if they weren't ugly to me. Looking for the right 20inch wheel.

09ThunderGray
12-10-12, 09:44 AM
You run the sport lines or the pro kit?

Btw, those guys at 21st are top notch. I have known a few of the guys there for some time now and they know what they are doing!

futurectsbuyer
12-17-12, 01:53 PM
Went with the pro kit.

unitymixer
01-03-13, 04:45 PM
So ... is it softer with the Pro-kit or the sport-kit for the daily driving.

( 2009 cts 3.6 premium , 18'' Factory )

thanks

eborunda
01-09-13, 09:53 AM
So ... is it softer with the Pro-kit or the sport-kit for the daily driving.

( 2009 cts 3.6 premium , 18'' Factory )

thanks

Ive heard that pros are softer.

----------

How do the Eibachs compare to the H&R's ? Does anyone know ? Looking to lower my CTS a bit to get rid of the gap after throwing on those 20's.

btlfedcts
01-28-13, 11:05 PM
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit installed on a 2012 CTS Coupe 3.6L. Drop rides incredibly good on the OE 18 and firm but not harsh on my 20's with 25 series side wall tires.

I have some pics of it with the OE wheels to see the drop if you would like.