Pages : [1] 2

etcts-v
11-20-12, 04:52 AM
Anybody have any experience with these?

https://www.revshift.com/shop/cadillac/cts-v/suspension-bushings.php

Better than BMR?

V for victory
11-20-12, 10:15 AM
These must be a brand new item they manufacture. I swear they weren't on their website two days ago when I was looking at the new Differential bushing. I contacted them yesterday by email and they said they are putting together a "how to" photo and description tutorial for the Diff mount, I also wonder it they will make the Diff block like CS does?

thefulmonty_07
11-20-12, 10:16 AM
No one has, they just came out with them and put them on the site a few hours ago.

barrok69
11-20-12, 10:43 AM
Is it common for the stock rear diff bushings to fail or get worn out?
I'm only wondering because if they don't wear out or fail then adding that extra stiffness to the rear will only move the energy to the front bushing which by design is very weak and subject to significant loads causing it to fail even sooner (even with an upgraded poly bushing).

I could be wrong as I'm not sure how much deflection is allowed from the rear of the diff. All I know is with the CS front diff bushing, pinion brace and block in place I'm still "clunking" under certain conditions meaning stuff is still moving around back there.

My goal is to get some video at some point under the car to see what's going.

These bushings may do the trick though if the stockers are super soft and allowing all that deflection to happen in the first place. Who will be the guinea pig!?!

Revshift
11-20-12, 11:39 AM
I also wonder it they will make the Diff block like CS does?

No, we will not. It is not necessary with our diff bushing.

Is it common for the stock rear diff bushings to fail or get worn out?

The two rear diff bushings don't wear out nearly as often as the front diff bushing. We are working on the rear bushings, though. We are addressing every bushing on the car.

sssnake
11-20-12, 12:10 PM
So these work for all v1 model years ( including 06 and 07)? I thought the cradles were different for pre and post 06 and therefore require different bushings. Also, for a V with 650 to 700whp would you recommend the red or blue? I'd love to get all of my bushings replaced (except motor mounts) over the thanksgiving holidays so I need to purchase today.

Revshift
11-20-12, 12:37 PM
So these work for all v1 model years ( including 06 and 07)? I thought the cradles were different for pre and post 06 and therefore require different bushings. Also, for a V with 650 to 700whp would you recommend the red or blue? I'd love to get all of my bushings replaced (except motor mounts) over the thanksgiving holidays so I need to purchase today.

They fit all V1 years. We have a 2004 in the shop and we measured a 2006 cradle. They are all the same. As far as we can tell, the only difference is different oem bushings in the 06-07 cradle. I think they say the cradle is different because the oem bushings are not available alone, you have to purchase the whole cradle if you want new oem bushings.

The 80A bushings are a happy medium between the oem bushings and the 95A's. I recommend 80A for a daily driver because they still have some give to them. The 95A bushings are hard. I recommend them for more of a race application. The 95A's don't dampen as much and will let you feel the road. If you don't mind ride harshness then 95A's are a good choice. For cradle bushings, either the 80A or 95A are going to be immensely better than the oem rubber bushings.

etcts-v
11-20-12, 01:43 PM
Good stuff, Revshift is giving Creative Steel a run! I'm running their motor mounts and tranny mount insert and love them, wish I would have seen the diff bushing before I cursed and sweated trying to get my creative steel one in! Def gonna pick up a set of these cradle bushings, the price is right, just curious to see how difficult to install and remove the OEM bushings are.

sssnake
11-20-12, 02:17 PM
No, we will not. It is not necessary with our diff bushing.

The two rear diff bushings don't wear out nearly as often as the front diff bushing. We are working on the rear bushings, though. We are addressing every bushing on the car.

Thanks for the response to the earlier questions. Any ETA for trailing arm bushings? I was looking at another manufacturer for the but would prefer to stick with Rev Shift if possible. I wouldn't mind being a beta tester :). I've got to get things firmed up ASAP. I still have wheelhop with the Hendrix axels (which BTW they don't claim to fix) and don't want to shatter the differential with upcoming mods (TVS 2300, heads, cam, headers - just waiting on cam and heads at this point). The bushings will definitely get a good "test" with this platform and 275/35 on the rears.

Revshift
11-20-12, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the response to the earlier questions. Any ETA for trailing arm bushings? I was looking at another manufacturer for the but would prefer to stick with Rev Shift if possible.

Our trailing arm bushings will be released within a few days. Sit tight!

nvthev
11-20-12, 02:26 PM
Damn, you guys are on the ball. The downside is, now i need to save more $ so i can buy the rest of the bushings.

FoD
11-20-12, 06:04 PM
Do you offer any discounts on full car bushing buys? :thumbsup:

Revshift
11-20-12, 06:55 PM
Do you offer any discounts on full car bushing buys? :thumbsup:

Once we have all the bushings available we will be putting together package deals.

V for victory
11-20-12, 07:31 PM
Of course, Package deals, I just purchased the Diff bushing today, I already have the MM's with the silicone heat sleeves, and the transmount. now you have the cradle bushings and soon the Trailing arm bushing too, I should have waited and got a package deal, Ive paid shipping four times already. I know: wah wah wah.Well still worth every penny so far. Keep up the great work RS.

FoD
11-20-12, 07:41 PM
Just installed the trans mount yesterday...what a difference! More vibes, less Caddy feel...but shifts are smooth, less noise, and I don't have to put the V in a headlock to get it to go into Reverse! Definitely interested in a package deal for MM, Diff and Cradle bushings! Looking forward to it!

HAMSTAR
11-20-12, 07:43 PM
Just installed the trans mount yesterday...what a difference! More vibes, less Caddy feel...but shifts are smooth, less noise, and I don't have to put the V in a headlock to get it to go into Reverse! Definitely interested in a package deal for MM, Diff and Cradle bushings! Looking forward to it!

Are you still running the stock shifter or a short throw?

FoD
11-20-12, 07:57 PM
Still stock, once my travelling schedule slows, I'm sending my shifter off to Brian for modification.

garrettg
11-20-12, 08:22 PM
How difficult is removing the stock cradle bushings? Can this be done by the average v owner in the garage with hand tools?

Revshift
11-20-12, 09:17 PM
How difficult is removing the stock cradle bushings? Can this be done by the average v owner in the garage with hand tools?

It can be done with "minimal" tools. It is not uncommon for people to burn the rubber out with a torch and then carefully cut a slit in the metal bushing shell (not the cradle!) with a hacksaw. Once the slit is cut you can bend the bushing shell in on itself and it will come right out.

Like this picture I pulled off google:

It may sound scary but a lot of repair shops do it this way if they cant position the part on the press.

FuzzyLogic
11-20-12, 09:31 PM
It can be done with "minimal" tools. It is not uncommon for people to burn the rubber out with a torch and then carefully cut a slit in the metal bushing shell (not the cradle!) with a hacksaw. Once the slit is cut you can bend the bushing shell in on itself and it will come right out.

Speaking of which, how do you recommend removing the differential bushing and pressing the new one in?

jmargo
11-20-12, 09:37 PM
Are these bushings currently being used on a test vehicle ? How long and what mods to advertise reduced wheel hop ?

Revshift
11-20-12, 09:45 PM
Speaking of which, how do you recommend removing the differential bushing and pressing the new one in?

Removal can be done with a bushing removal tool (homemade or local auto parts store rental) or the burning/cutting method described above.

Installation requires your hands, that's all. It's a snug fit but its all done by hand. We will have a pictorial up on our website soon showing the cradle bushing and diff bushing installation steps.

xbladr
11-20-12, 10:30 PM
cant wait to see the steps as I will be ordering these as well as some mounts and sleeves

RichieD6981
11-20-12, 10:56 PM
I just ordered these and the diff bushings. I read that you will offer a black friday discount. I seen this on another forum. Being that I just got these ordered can you help a member out with a price adjust??

thefulmonty_07
11-21-12, 12:25 AM
Just a few days and I'm getting it all!

acaringnihilist
11-21-12, 10:23 AM
If you guys need an 07 for measurements, let me know. its just sitting most of this winter.

hXc95SLS
11-21-12, 10:35 AM
Ill be buying a bunch of stuff on Friday. Gotta save money where I can.

RichieD6981
11-21-12, 01:27 PM
You guys at REVSHIFT rock!!! Thank you for your help.. Definitely will be getting future business from me!!

Sweetwilliebrownjr
11-21-12, 09:35 PM
I need every bushing immediately. What time frame are we looking at?

thefulmonty_07
11-22-12, 01:42 AM
Bought the Rear diff Bushing, Cradle busings and MM with the jackets all blue....saved 80$!!! Can't be that, thanks for the great products and sale!

fej
11-22-12, 11:46 PM
Where is the sale code at? Good for this weekend?

Thanks

OneFast V
11-22-12, 11:59 PM
Blackfriday2012

Scott2012
11-23-12, 02:16 PM
I ordered all available bushings, motor mounts/thermal covers and trans insert. After free shipping and 20% off, it's a great deal, and I'm excited to see the different these make!

V for victory
11-24-12, 11:07 AM
I ordered all available bushings, motor mounts/thermal covers and trans insert. After free shipping and 20% off, it's a great deal, and I'm excited to see the different these make!

Take lots of photos for all of us to see the Cradle Bushing replacement and how you do the Diff bushing as well. I am not planning on doing my until the spring since I already put it away for the winter. I did look at a rear cradle the other day at a Contemporary Corvette in Bristol, PA who specialize in all things with LT/LS motors out of a wrecked 06-V, I'm not going to BS I am alittle intiminated about taking on this project alone.

xbladr
11-25-12, 11:26 AM
revshift are you still working on the writeups?

CoSteve
11-26-12, 05:57 PM
hehe - it's out. Not quite the level of detail that some were hoping for...

https://www.revshift.com/bushinginstallation.php

"Prior to installing the Revshift cradle bushings, the oem rubber bushings must be removed. This can be done a few different ways. A web search for "subframe bushing removal" will give you several results including pictures and how-to videos on the topic."

Revshift
11-26-12, 07:19 PM
We will eventually have more details on bushing removal. For now, we just put something together to show how to install this type of bushing. Also, to show that once the stubborn oem bushings are removed the Revshift bushings install very easily. More will come with time.

Revshift
11-26-12, 10:26 PM
Just a few hours left on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.
Last chance to get the cradle bushings at a hefty discount.
blackfriday2012

xbladr
11-27-12, 11:01 PM
I cant wait to get a full write up on the install rev. The putting them back in looks easy its the taking out im worried about :)

Mrs.LS6
11-28-12, 12:20 AM
Yay! Cannot wait to get my car back from you guys and enjoy all these bushings! :) i'm sure the car will ride and handle like a dream!

etcts-v
11-29-12, 08:56 PM
I posted this up on the LS1tech forum as well, for anybody that needs it, here are factory removal and installation walk throughs with torque specs, dropping the cradle is easy as pie IMO!

Revshift ~ just FYI the LS1 thread is blowing up with complaints about lack of order and shipping confirmations, impatient modders! haha

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/ellioth3771/CoilReplacement_Page_1.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/ellioth3771/CoilReplacement_Page_2.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/ellioth3771/CoilReplacement_Page_3.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/ellioth3771/CoilReplacement_Page_4.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/ellioth3771/CoilReplacement_Page_5.jpg

Manseeno
11-30-12, 02:04 PM
I ordered some stuff (even though I don't exactly need some of it now, but Im sure I will at some point) and here's the email I got from them regarding shipping delays:

We are working diligently to get all of the black friday orders shipped out in the order they were received. We came out with a couple new products and did not expect the enormous amount of orders that we received. We have been working extra long hours and we even hired another machinist so that we can get your parts to you as quickly as possible. Revshift is a small company with only a few employees, there was no way we could have expected the overwhelming support that we received from the Cadillac and BMW community. We can not thank you enough.

You can expect to receive a tracking number very soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Feel free to email us or give us a call if you have any questions.

-Thank you

Revshift Performance Engineering
586-510-4042

Revshift
11-30-12, 02:43 PM
Revshift ~ just FYI the LS1 thread is blowing up with complaints about lack of order and shipping confirmations, impatient modders! haha

Yes, I am aware. Everyone must understand that the black friday sale's turnout really took us by surprise. We didn't think that the cradle bushings were going to be so popular. We are getting them made and shipped out as quickly as possible, though. Next time we make a part that no one else makes we will be sure to have plenty in stock before releasing it.

Sweetwilliebrownjr
11-30-12, 03:40 PM
Well, it's a good thing. You've got a corner on the market. The only real complaint I have is that you guys haven't released all the other bushings for the car! Jeez, slackers! Lol

lilgCTS-V
12-03-12, 12:39 PM
any updates for this week ?

shadybx7
12-03-12, 12:40 PM
sooo whos breaking out the torch to install these hahaha MAKE A VID!!!

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-03-12, 07:17 PM
I'll tell you another way that works pretty well, and the tools are more common. I've done a few this way. You'll have to drop the cradle prolly at least a foot. Get a hole saw, use it on the top of the bushing, and then do the same from the bottom. That'll get the rubber out, then you just USA a sawsall on the metal sleeve. Probably the easiest way without a torch.

Revshift
12-03-12, 07:42 PM
I'll tell you another way that works pretty well, and the tools are more common. I've done a few this way. You'll have to drop the cradle prolly at least a foot. Get a hole saw, use it on the top of the bushing, and then do the same from the bottom. That'll get the rubber out, then you just USA a sawsall on the metal sleeve. Probably the easiest way without a torch.

This is a great idea. It may also be the quickest way of going about it.

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-03-12, 08:06 PM
Yep. I'll prolly be putting mine in tomorrow. Got them Saturday, but haven't been back to work to use a lift yet.

FoD
12-03-12, 09:06 PM
Yep. I'll prolly be putting mine in tomorrow. Got them Saturday, but haven't been back to work to use a lift yet.

Wow. I still haven't received a shipping E-Mail yet...and I didn't order any of the brand new bushings.

JFensty
12-03-12, 09:52 PM

Waiting for some feedback on these. I feel like if they don't work as good as planned your screwed. I don't think you can replace the stockers and then go with cradle bushings.

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-03-12, 10:49 PM
Yep, you're stuck with them, but can they really be worse than stock? Thats like saying paper towels are better to wipe your ass with than charmin. They do The job, but they leave a bit to be desired. Plus, a whole new cradle is not really that expensive.

LS6Steve
12-04-12, 02:00 PM
I actually prefer a paper towel...

Any feedback on an installed set yet?? Anyone?

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-04-12, 07:27 PM
Installed them today. Didn't even have to completely drop the cradle. I loosened the front 2 bolts, and took the rear bolts completely out, and let it drop down about 5 inches. I then drilled a hole through the bushing, then used a die grinder with a carbide burr, and shoved it in the hole, and used that to cut the sleeve. Then air hammer on the bottom flange of the bushing. Then, do the same for the front. All in all, not to bad. Maybe 3 hours total. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try them out yet, because I'm at work. I'll let yous guys know what I think in a day or 2.

And the paper towel thing... That's just brutal. Charmin plus FTW!

FuzzyLogic
12-04-12, 07:39 PM
Installed them today. Didn't even have to completely drop the cradle. I loosened the front 2 bolts, and took the rear bolts completely out, and let it drop down about 5 inches. I then drilled a hole through the bushing, then used a die grinder with a carbide burr, and shoved it in the hole, and used that to cut the sleeve. Then air hammer on the bottom flange of the bushing. Then, do the same for the front. All in all, not to bad. Maybe 3 hours total. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try them out yet, because I'm at work. I'll let yous guys know what I think in a day or 2.

And the paper towel thing... That's just brutal. Charmin plus FTW!

Red or blue?

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-04-12, 08:19 PM
Blue. It's a dd. The rear is so much tighter in corners it's almost unbelievable. Slightly more noise, but the radio is always on anyhow. It's so unbelievably snappy when you take a quick turn! I can't get over it. Didn't get to try to dump the clutch, so I've no idea about wheel hop, but I had very little with the 8.8 conversion anyhow. These are a must!

FuzzyLogic
12-04-12, 08:24 PM
Blue. It's a dd. The rear is so much tighter in corners it's almost unbelievable. Slightly more noise, but the radio is always on anyhow. It's so unbelievably snappy when you take a quick turn! I can't get over it. Didn't get to try to dump the clutch, so I've no idea about wheel hop, but I had very little with the 8.8 conversion anyhow. These are a must!

Did you do the trailing arm bushings too? Where's the noise coming from--down low or up high? What kind of noise? Road noise? Bump noise? Sexy noise? :suspect:

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-04-12, 09:16 PM
I did the trailing arm bushings about a week ago, and couldn't tell any difference in noise. The only noise I hear after the cradle bushings is just regular polyurethane bushing road noise. It could even just be placebo, because I expected it. It's not much at all. The radio turned up to about 2 notches drowns it out. I'm always jamming, so not even sure if it's louder, or I'm just paying more attention. There's also a sexy noise, but that's the magnaflows.

Mrs.LS6
12-05-12, 03:39 PM
I just got my car back from revshift on saturday. They installed rear cradle bushings, control arm bushings, new trans mount, sway bar bushings....actually EVERY bushing in the suspension has been replaced with their blue poly bushings. The car handles entirely different. Wheel hop is pretty much non-existent, corners are alot sharper and I notice the car reacts way more snappy and responsive in every aspect! I will be installing new tires tomorrow as well as an alignment so I'm sure it's going to feel another 100% different/better after that as well! :)

FuzzyLogic
12-05-12, 03:47 PM
How's the noise?

FoD
12-05-12, 04:32 PM
Anyone else that ordered that hasn't received theirs yet...or even not received a shipping E-Mail? I know they were backed up, just wondering if anyone else hasn't received anything.

Mrs.LS6
12-05-12, 04:37 PM
How's the noise?

I notice a litttttttle difference in the noise but not anything like I expected going with all poly mounts. My exhaust is also pretty loud so I still notice that more than anything.
After I get my tires and 4 wheel alignment tomorrow I can let you guys know how much more it changes, but for now I already notice a HUGE difference!

Manseeno
12-05-12, 06:24 PM
Anyone else that ordered that hasn't received theirs yet...or even not received a shipping E-Mail? I know they were backed up, just wondering if anyone else hasn't received anything.

No shipping email yet, however I ordered other stuff (mm, diff bushing+a couple other items), not cradle bushings.

jclayc
12-05-12, 06:59 PM
I emailed them today about my rear cradle and trailing arm bushings. They replied (quickly) and said they were working to fill the orders as quickly as possible, etc. But no eta.

FoD
12-05-12, 07:04 PM
No shipping email yet, however I ordered other stuff (mm, diff bushing+a couple other items), not cradle bushings.

I also ordered other items, not the new cradle/trailing arm bushings. I guess I'm just being impatient. I wanted to get this done while my car is on jack stands due to no shifter in the car at the moment.

FuzzyLogic
12-05-12, 07:44 PM
I also ordered other items, not the new cradle/trailing arm bushings. I guess I'm just being impatient. I wanted to get this done while my car is on jack stands due to no shifter in the car at the moment.

I'm just hoping that it makes it here in time for Christmas, so that I can take my 4-5 days off to do everything at once.

Scott2012
12-05-12, 08:25 PM
I'm just hoping that it makes it here in time for Christmas, so that I can take my 4-5 days off to do everything at once.

Ditto

Revshift
12-05-12, 08:44 PM
We are trying to clear up all the black friday orders by this weekend. Everyone will have their parts very soon. We are working as fast as our equipment will allow. Thank you, everyone, for your continuous support.

xbladr
12-05-12, 10:31 PM
I am so pumped to get everything in... I am not looking forward to an 8plus hour day im assuming in order to do the motor mounts, cradle bushings, and trailing arm bushings.

Mn800r
12-06-12, 11:06 PM
WOW, haven't checked in on the thread in a while, good to hear the great feedback on the cradle bushings!. I'm excited also as I have every bushing they make (but the disc) on order. Thinkn I did get a email saying hang tuff were given'r all we got!.

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-06-12, 11:22 PM
It was not my imagination, there was some extra "road noise". Turns out, when I bolted the cradle back up, it was hitting the exhaust. Had it in a bind enough where it wasn't rattling, just transmitting noise. Apparently the old bushings were in rough enough shape that when the new bushings centered it back up, the way I had the exhaust adjusted was no longer right. Just a heads up on it possibly changing the cradles position a bit.

TallGuyJ
12-07-12, 12:39 AM
I just got my car back from revshift on saturday. They installed rear cradle bushings, control arm bushings, new trans mount, sway bar bushings....actually EVERY bushing in the suspension has been replaced with their blue poly bushings. The car handles entirely different. Wheel hop is pretty much non-existent, corners are alot sharper and I notice the car reacts way more snappy and responsive in every aspect! I will be installing new tires tomorrow as well as an alignment so I'm sure it's going to feel another 100% different/better after that as well! :)

How much did all that cost? Sounds expensive.

RyRidesMotoX
12-07-12, 04:56 PM
How much did all that cost? Sounds expensive.

Revshift said they had an 04 V they were fitting it all on... She probably got lucky with a free.99 labor price darn it, too bad I live in Commifornia where no businesses survive the winters.

Revshift- Any ETA on a whole bushing/mounts etc package? I kinda want get control arm bushings for the front too since I'm getting a little clunk while the suspension acts on the rough ass roads around here

danrob0123
12-07-12, 06:01 PM

Revshift makes control arm bushings too? I'm not seeing them on the website.

Revshift
12-07-12, 07:39 PM
The control arm bushings will be available soon. Once we are caught up with all the black friday orders, we will be releasing them. We just don't want to release them without having sufficient stock on hand.

sssnake
12-07-12, 08:31 PM
We just don't want to release them without having sufficient stock on hand.

:) :) :)

etcts-v
12-07-12, 09:02 PM
The control arm bushings will be available soon. Once we are caught up with all the black friday orders, we will be releasing them. We just don't want to release them without having sufficient stock on hand.

Nice, I was hoping this would happen!

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-08-12, 01:21 AM
It can't happen fast enough. After the amount of difference just the subframe bushings made, I'm anticipatory to say the least. These cats have made a good decision making these. I honestly didn't believe the demand would be so high. Props, and thanks guys.

Skidmarcx
12-08-12, 11:51 AM
Nice I'm looking forward to the control arm bushings

Junior1
12-09-12, 12:46 AM
Doesnt Max from Creative Steel already make the control arm bushings?

Mrs.LS6
12-09-12, 01:30 AM
Sorry I didn't post the updates the other day after my new tire install and 4 wheel alignment. I have on my car EVERY bushing that Revshift has made for the V's besides motor mounts. I have the cradle bushings, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, rear diff bushings, trailing arm bushings etc. The difference from stock to now is unbelievable. The car handles like a boss. No, you don't have your "granny Cadillac" ride anymore. What you do have is an extremely responsive car in all aspects. When hitting a bump you no longer "float", the car now takes the bump and is back to the road. It's a nice stiff ride. Corners are great. The car hugs the road and I've been able to increase speed in tight curvy roads that I enjoy watching the G meter on ;)
While shifting between gears and taking off fast the car doesn't seem to "slouch" in the rear as it did before. As for wheel hop, granted I didn't beat the complete snot out of the car, I did break the rears loose and had ZERO wheel hop on dry pavement! I am beyond pleased with the bushings and I do recommend them. They really made a huge difference in the ride of the car. Feels more like a sports car now! :)

Late Apex
12-09-12, 02:44 AM
Sorry I didn't post the updates the other day after my new tire install and 4 wheel alignment. I have on my car EVERY bushing that Revshift has made for the V's besides motor mounts. I have the cradle bushings, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, rear diff bushings, trailing arm bushings etc. The difference from stock to now is unbelievable. The car handles like a boss. No, you don't have your "granny Cadillac" ride anymore. What you do have is an extremely responsive car in all aspects. When hitting a bump you no longer "float", the car now takes the bump and is back to the road. It's a nice stiff ride. Corners are great. The car hugs the road and I've been able to increase speed in tight curvy roads that I enjoy watching the G meter on ;)
While shifting between gears and taking off fast the car doesn't seem to "slouch" in the rear as it did before. As for wheel hop, granted I didn't beat the complete snot out of the car, I did break the rears loose and had ZERO wheel hop on dry pavement! I am beyond pleased with the bushings and I do recommend them. They really made a huge difference in the ride of the car. Feels more like a sports car now! :)

You get a deal from REVSHIFT when purchasing every bushing from them? I've been contemplating this move myself. Did you go with 80A Blues or 95A Reds?

Mrs.LS6
12-09-12, 08:18 AM
You get a deal from REVSHIFT when purchasing every bushing from them? I've been contemplating this move myself. Did you go with 80A Blues or 95A Reds?

I did indeed get an amazing deal!! My car is my daily so they went with the 80A blue bushings. Revshift used my car to mock up all the bushings and manufacture them so they would be available to the V world! :)

lilgCTS-V
12-09-12, 12:43 PM
AHHH i cant wait to get my cradle and trailing arm mounts!

Late Apex
12-09-12, 01:08 PM
I did indeed get an amazing deal!! My car is my daily so they went with the 80A blue bushings. Revshift used my car to mock up all the bushings and manufacture them so they would be available to the V world! :)

Awesome! I'm one click away from picking everything they have for the V up. Was hoping they might have some sort of Christmas sale/promotion here for members, but haven't seen/herd of any yet.

Skidmarcx
12-09-12, 02:06 PM

I'm not sure, but these are long overdue for the car...

verywhitedevil
12-09-12, 04:19 PM
only one missing is the rear lower shock mount. that should be easy for them.

Mrs.LS6
12-09-12, 04:58 PM
Awesome! I'm one click away from picking everything they have for the V up. Was hoping they might have some sort of Christmas sale/promotion here for members, but haven't seen/herd of any yet.

Do it! You WON'T be disappointed! They make a world of difference! :)

OneFast V
12-09-12, 05:08 PM

He was developing them however I have not seen them on his site yet.

xbladr
12-10-12, 12:37 PM
Did you say revshift makes swaybar bushings for the stock bar? I know a bunch of us were looking for poly versions for a long time and just gave up. I ordered every bushing they make and did not see them available.

Revshift
12-10-12, 12:58 PM
The control arm bushings (front and rear) and sway bar bushings are not available yet. They will be available within the next few weeks.

RyRidesMotoX
12-10-12, 04:01 PM
The control arm bushings (front and rear) and sway bar bushings are not available yet. They will be available within the next few weeks.

Tax return present to myself after I pay off a few bills. Can't wait

FuzzyLogic
12-10-12, 05:56 PM
My red Revshift 95A differential and rear subframe bushings arrived today. 95A hardness is a little daunting, but it's still nothing compared to Delrin (Rockwell durometer = R120 (http://www.plasticsintl.com/images/hardnessScale.jpg)). Also picked up a tube of Prothane Super Grease (P/N 19-1751 (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-19-1751)), which is about as good as it comes.

Since I'm an audiophile and played classical piano for 17 years, my tolerance for unwanted continuous noise is probably the lowest you'll find on this forum. I'm optimistic, however. If I run into any issues, I'll provide impressions and an acoustic deadening solution based on b-Quiet Ultimate or Spectrum Sludge. If I had a ECM-CG50 microphone, I'd provide sound samples, but it's pretty low on my "to-buy" list right now since it doesn't help my car go faster!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/CTS-V/DSC00440.jpg
Left to right: differential bushing (replacing 87A CS bushing), smaller (rear) rear subframe bushing, larger (front) rear subframe bushing

lilgCTS-V
12-10-12, 07:30 PM
i just got my shipping number !!!! so excited.

V for victory
12-10-12, 07:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/CTS-V/DSC00440.jpg
Left to right: differential bushing (replacing 87A CS bushing), smaller (rear) rear subframe bushing, larger (front) rear subframe bushing[/QUOTE]

Those look red-tastic ! now lets see some pics of you installing them and a nice write up of your thoughts. I'm still waiting on my Diff bushing sleeve to arrive. ( I was one of the first orders and the sleeve they sent was too small for the through bolt).

Revshift
12-10-12, 09:06 PM
Those look red-tastic ! now lets see some pics of you installing them and a nice write up of your thoughts. I'm still waiting on my Diff bushing sleeve to arrive. ( I was one of the first orders and the sleeve they sent was too small for the through bolt).

That sleeve should have shown up today. Let us know if it didn't.

So everyone knows what we are talking about, we had accidentally put a different aluminum sleeve in the first couple diff bushings that we sent out. The inner diameter was for an M12 bolt instead of an M14. As soon as we realized what happened we sent out the correct sleeves. Luckily, we caught it before more than a couple were shipped out. It was a close call.

V for victory
12-10-12, 09:27 PM
That sleeve should have shown up today. Let us know if it didn't.

So everyone knows what we are talking about, we had accidentally put a different aluminum sleeve in the first couple diff bushings that we sent out. The inner diameter was for an M12 bolt instead of an M14. As soon as we realized what happened we sent out the correct sleeves. Luckily, we caught it before more than a couple were shipped out. It was a close call.

Funny you say that, bang on the front door 10 minutes ago, and there it was a box with "RevShift" on the side....LOL one new sleeve ! You guys are awesome, As soon as you guys realized the problem my cell phone rang with your customer service telling me about the error and that you were sending me the correct sleeve. Today it arrived just as promised. Thanks again RS you have a customer for life.

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-10-12, 10:19 PM
Wheel hop is nonexistent in dry conditions unless you drop the clutch at 5k, and it's not terrible. In the wet, it's still way better than it used to be. It's better in the wet than it ever was in dry conditions before. When they release the rest of these poly bushings, I'm sure it will kill 99% of the wheel hop. Just figured I'd add to my previous thoughts. It still amazes me how much it changed handling characteristics.

DarkCharisma
12-11-12, 12:16 AM
Wheel hop is nonexistent in dry conditions unless you drop the clutch at 5k, and it's not terrible. In the wet, it's still way better than it used to be. It's better in the wet than it ever was in dry conditions before. When they release the rest of these poly bushings, I'm sure it will kill 99% of the wheel hop. Just figured I'd add to my previous thoughts. It still amazes me how much it changed handling characteristics.

Good to hear ... Might have to snag myself a set of these once the dust settles in my bank account. I don't have any desire to go to an 8.8", this seems to be a step in the right direction....

FuzzyLogic
12-11-12, 12:24 AM

You already have an 8.8, so you're going to have significantly less wheelhop and pinion lash than we will, with or without new bushings. Don't you think you're giving other users unrealistic expectations by saying all of that? Also, is your rear end ratio still 3.73 or did you change that when you ordered the 8.8 kit?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't get ANY wheelhop in wet conditions. It only happens to me occasionally under dry conditions as I run past 3,500 RPM in second or third gear.

I expect that the blue bushings will greatly reduce side-to-side deflection of the rear subframe and about a quarter inch of undesired vertical travel. The red bushings should completely eliminate side-to-side deflection and almost a third inch of undesired vertical travel. Either way, I believe these bushings will prevent the rear end from walking out on you under hard cornering, hard acceleration, or poor roads. The reduced vertical travel may help prevent the onset of wheelhop, but I won't know until I drive on the bushings for a few days.

Sweetwilliebrownjr
12-11-12, 12:48 AM
Yep, I've got the 8.8 with 3.55 gears, but I had about the same amount wheel hop with the 8.8 as I did with the factory crap (4th gen. Diff with C.S. bushing and driver side g-force axle).It wasn't terrible, but I'm planning on big power in the future, so I did the 8.8. The bushings cut down the wheel hop. Thats comparing apples to apples. Before and after with no change other than the bushings. I also have a ground control kit, hotchskis sway bars, trailing arm bushings, and a set of golf clubs in the trunk, all of which were there before and after the bushings. Mine wheel hopped severely in wet conditions.

NC-V
12-11-12, 08:47 PM
ETA on ALL bushings you plan on producing? I have your motor mounts and trans insert already, will buy every other bushing you produce as soon as you release them!

Scott2012
12-13-12, 09:58 PM
That's great some of you received your order! I ordered all the bushings, motor mounts and trans insert on Black Friday and still haven't received a tracking number. I'm getting a little impatient because I keep hearing the positive feedback about these parts. If all orders were going to be finished last weekend, I'm disappointed I haven't received my order yet.

On the bright side, once it arrives, I'm sure the reward will outweigh this long wait!

Mn800r
12-13-12, 10:45 PM
^^^^same here your not alone^^^ but reading fuzzy's buzz I'm thinking calling in a switch from blue to red on the cradle...

HAMSTAR
12-13-12, 11:32 PM
Install, install my little guinea pigs. Muahahahajahaha

I8URSVT
12-13-12, 11:41 PM
I'm waiting as well from black friday, so your def not alone. Cant wait to get them

NC-V
12-13-12, 11:45 PM
You should be able to run the red bushings in the cradle without any major noise issues. They may enhance an existing problem noise, but we've installed many solid aluminum rear subframe/cradle mounts on the 5th gen camaros and the difference is quite negligible even to sensitive ears. Differential bushings will usually make more of a noise difference then the cradle bushings. I'll be getting the reds!

Mn800r
12-13-12, 11:52 PM
^^^hey nc-V great feed back, thanks as I will call them and switch to red tomorrow, my exhaust bark and drone pretty much wash out all other noises...and I'm ok with that.

FoD
12-14-12, 09:01 AM
Got shipping notice this morning! :bouncy:

Fastone27
12-14-12, 10:28 AM
Hope i get a response with shipping notice soon! I called and sent e-mail and have'nt heard back . Not really in a rush for them but would like to know when mine might be shipped so I can plan ahead a little bit!

Scott2012
12-15-12, 01:43 AM
Hope i get a response with shipping notice soon! I called and sent e-mail and have'nt heard back . Not really in a rush for them but would like to know when mine might be shipped so I can plan ahead a little bit!

Well I received an email this morning that my order was next in line and I'd receive shipping confirmation later in the day. Now it's about 1130pm and no shipping notice. I hope they were so busy, that they my order shipped and simply forgot to email me! Hell, if that's the case, w/ priority mail shipping means it'll all arrive Monday!

NCOGNITO
12-15-12, 10:37 AM
They posted a picture on FB of two whole crates full of outgoing orders, I received my Trans insert and trailing arm bushings earlier this week. Hoping to get the Trans insert in this weekend and planning on the trailing arm bushings after Christmas when I have some vacation time.

Manseeno
12-15-12, 01:48 PM
I got an email saying that my order should ship this weekend, although I did not order the cradle bushings this time. Sounds like they are putting in overtime to get these orders filled. Can't wait to see what this car is like with new motor mounts and with no DM flywheel (I went crazy & ordered a new clutch kit too)!

lilgCTS-V
12-16-12, 12:08 AM
trying to install my cradle bushings.... getting the stock bushings out is a PAIN IN THE bum

soflarick
12-16-12, 09:13 AM
DO you intend to have a Christmas sale on the cradle bushings? I was not aware in time for the black friday deal. Thanks.

BTW, I'd love to see a set of rear lower shock bushings. The stock units are uber soft.

V for victory
12-16-12, 12:49 PM
trying to install my cradle bushings.... getting the stock bushings out is a PAIN IN THE bum

Need pictures !!!!

xbladr
12-16-12, 04:02 PM
Need pictures !!!!

Im with him!

KaMaSuTrA
12-16-12, 06:24 PM
Got mine on Thursday and can't wait to install them.

I also got a KARS III Kit that's been sitting for a while that I'm planning on throwing on while I'm replacing the cradle bushings.

Kind of a side question with regards to the spacers included in the KARS III kit, would those still need to go on if I have these cradle bushings?

V for victory
12-16-12, 07:14 PM
posted on the wrong thread, Moderator please remove from here. Thanks

TheLostDriver
12-17-12, 11:41 AM
+1 for Xmas deals. Just got my Red MM in on Thursday and gonna install this week. Hoping to do all RS mounts soon

fej
12-17-12, 09:08 PM
Hoping for a Christmas sale as well, did not have my 07 V until 8 days ago and couldn't justify the expense without a car! Lol

Thanks RS
Fej

lilgCTS-V
12-18-12, 09:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pFsyzBZB-c

----------

edit****** lol i ment revshift !!!!

Mn800r
12-18-12, 09:59 PM
Is your driveline all stock? If so that's a nice improvement.

lilgCTS-V
12-18-12, 09:59 PM
besides cs motor mounts and trans mount that all i have done

danrob0123
12-18-12, 10:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pFsyzBZB-c

----------

edit****** lol i ment revshift !!!!

How are the noises/vibes with the stiffer 95A bushings? Any increase in diff whine?

lilgCTS-V
12-18-12, 10:50 PM
no vibration or noise to report everything feels the same except for the added support

Scott2012
12-18-12, 11:11 PM
I finally received my tracking number tonight (ordered Black Friday). I ordered basically everything, all blue.
I'm excited to see the difference they will make.

Mn800r
12-18-12, 11:42 PM
I have all blue but cradle,trailing arm and diff. Now my question is anyone have experience with excessive noise transfer with a harder(95a) diff bushing?, do or don't I ? Thanks in advance

2007ThunderV
12-19-12, 10:22 PM
wow looks like i need to order cradle bushings, what a improvment, lilgctsv do you have any other wheel hop aids? axles?
if not thats amazing results.
i need to pair soime of these buchings with my dss axles.

Revshift
12-20-12, 08:39 AM

HAMSTAR
12-20-12, 08:57 AM
Ahahahahahaha. 12% off

SHIPS NEVER

lilgCTS-V
12-20-12, 02:22 PM
wow looks like i need to order cradle bushings, what a improvment, lilgctsv do you have any other wheel hop aids? axles?
if not thats amazing results.
i need to pair soime of these buchings with my dss axles.

I have no other wheel hop aids, just creative steel motor mounts and transmission mount as in the rear end all i have is the cradle bushings and trailing arm bushings.

etcts-v
12-20-12, 07:43 PM
Upper control Arm Bushing release, whaoo! https://www.revshift.com/shop/rear-upper-control-arm-bushings-2004-2007-cts-v.php

danrob0123
12-20-12, 10:36 PM
Upper control Arm Bushing release, whaoo! https://www.revshift.com/shop/rear-upper-control-arm-bushings-2004-2007-cts-v.php

Those are the rear uppers, still waiting for the rear lowers and front uppers and lowers. Revshift, any idea when the rest of them will be released? Would like to order them all at once, along with the cradle bushings.

Revshift
12-20-12, 10:56 PM
Those are the rear uppers, still waiting for the rear lowers and front uppers and lowers. Revshift, any idea when the rest of them will be released? Would like to order them all at once, along with the cradle bushings.

There are no rear lower control arms, just trailing arms. The only thing we haven't yet released for the rear are the lower shock mounts.

We are currently working on the production molds for the front end bushings. You can expect to see them hit the market shortly after the holidays.

lilgCTS-V
12-24-12, 02:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0n8CXJtmzI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UG0NG9p39c

danrob0123
12-24-12, 03:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0n8CXJtmzI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UG0NG9p39c

Thanks for the vids. I currently have the BMR cradle bushing inserts with passenger side g-force axle and wheel hop is a huge improvement over stock, but these revshift bushings are a better design than the BMR considering they are complete replacements, not just inserts. I plan on ordering these in the 95A stiffness along with all control arm bushings once they are available.

jclayc
12-25-12, 10:59 PM
I installed my trailing arm bushings yesterday and it definitely helped to have a ball joint press on hand to get the new (red) ones in - even after freezing. I don't know that I could have gotten those in without it. We'll see how the subframe bushings go next.
http://www.harborfreight.com/ball-joint-service-kit-for-2wd-and-4wd-vehicles-4065.html

FuzzyLogic
12-25-12, 11:20 PM
I installed my trailing arm bushings yesterday and it definitely helped to have a ball joint press on hand to get the new (red) ones in - even after freezing. I don't know that I could have gotten those in without it. We'll see how the subframe bushings go next.
http://www.harborfreight.com/ball-joint-service-kit-for-2wd-and-4wd-vehicles-4065.html

I would never freeze a polyurethane bushing because it barely contracts and it gets really, really hard. I installed my 95A trailing arm bushings by hand.

OneFast V
12-25-12, 11:43 PM
You could just get them started by hand, then stick the bolt and nut back on with a washer on the nut side and tighten them to press the bushings in.

FuzzyLogic
12-25-12, 11:53 PM
You could just get them started by hand, then stick the bolt and nut back on with a washer on the nut side and tighten them to press the bushings in.

And use plenty of lube.

OneFast V
12-25-12, 11:57 PM
And use plenty of lube.
Insert sexual innuendo joke here...:bouncy:

Revshift
12-26-12, 01:29 AM
I would never freeze a polyurethane bushing because it barely contracts and it gets really, really hard. I installed my 95A trailing arm bushings by hand.

And use plenty of lube.

^ all of the above!

You don't want to freeze the bushings because you want them to compress while pressing them in. We designed everything to be nice and tight. A loose fit = excessive wear.

DisposableHero
12-27-12, 02:24 AM
How come everyone says these don't add any noise/vibration but those old rear cradle inserts that were from Specter where known to?

FuzzyLogic
12-27-12, 09:16 AM
How come everyone says these don't add any noise/vibration but those old rear cradle inserts that were from Specter where known to?

Probably because the Spectre inserts were Delrin, which has a Rockwell 120 (R120) durometer rating.

http://www.plasticsintl.com/images/hardnessScale.jpg

soflarick
12-29-12, 09:52 AM
There are no rear lower control arms, just trailing arms. The only thing we haven't yet released for the rear are the lower shock mounts.

We are currently working on the production molds for the front end bushings. You can expect to see them hit the market shortly after the holidays.

Thank you for the code. Placed order for cradle and UCA bushings. Love to see those lower rear shock bushings.

xbladr
01-06-13, 01:57 AM
Has anyone else had any luck installing these? I am thinking about starting on this tomorrow. I will be doing the cradle and trailing arm bushings. I am thinking of using the air hammer after an earlier post suggested to see if that works. I will keep you guys posted. Did you guys just undo the 4 bolts into the cradle bushings and relieve some stress on the diff etc by jacking it up slightly? Just trying to figure out the best way to attack this whole thing.

xbladr
01-06-13, 01:31 PM
Well I attempted this today and its going to be much more of a bitch than I had thought originally. For people replacing the trailing arm bushings how are you getting the bolt out without removing the brake caliper?

Also I tried an air chisel/hammer as it was suggested by another forum member and there is no way that is going to work on getting the cradle bushings out. I am hoping to do the cradle bushings with the cradle still in the car anyone else have any suggestions as burning them while on the car seems like an awful idea!

FuzzyLogic
01-06-13, 03:04 PM
You have to remove the caliper and rotor to do the trailing arm bushings--otherwise, you're wasting your time.

OneFast V
01-06-13, 03:11 PM
Like I posted on LS1tech:
for the cradle bushings just put a jack under the diff and pull out the two cradle bolts on one side. Then lower the diff little and that side will drop. Then take the biggest drill bit you can and drill out the rubber around the center metal cylinder until you can pull it out. You may break a few bits so have extras. Then take a sawzall and saw the metal sleeve. Then take a flathead screwdriver or somethig wedge shaped and split the metal sleeve so one side pulls in and then pull the other side in and it should come right out. Then you can slide the new bushings in.

For drill bits regular all purpose should be fine but i found these to work much faster:
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-saw-drill-bit-set-42804.html

http://www.osh.com/eng/product/rotozip_5_32_in_tilecut_x_bit/6569743

xbladr
01-07-13, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys yea i posted over on the other forum. I appreciate all the good info OneFast

xbladr
01-11-13, 07:42 AM
About half done now. The trailing arm bushing was simple once I drilled all around the bushing. The other bushing took much more time I was doing the drilling trick then realized the sawzal up between the bushing worked very very well. It was going great got one bushing out then my battery for my drill/sawzall shit the bed on me. So, that put the work to a halt I will need to pick one up tomorrow. The real issue im having is getting the sleeve out. That thing is in there damn good!

One... what do you mean by the durga?

OneFast V
01-11-13, 12:16 PM
Fixed. I generally drilled out enough rubber to fit in the sawzall and then sawed around the center sleeve.

2007ThunderV
01-13-13, 03:04 PM

Mn800r
01-13-13, 05:40 PM
^^^^revshift, after being in Mexico and over run by Canadians everywhere...couple Canadian broads even snubbed the wife and I. But ultimately you make the final decision. No offense at all to you thunder, your country is doing well as you know the current value of the dollar.

2007ThunderV
01-13-13, 11:48 PM
^^^^revshift, after being in Mexico and over run by Canadians everywhere...couple Canadian broads even snubbed the wife and I. But ultimately you make the final decision. No offense at all to you thunder, your country is doing well as you know the current value of the dollar.

Don't understand where your going with this but I do a good job supporting American company's and helping with the American economy along with many other Canadians on this form

FuzzyLogic
01-14-13, 08:09 AM
Revshift,
wondering if you can give me a package price on rear cradle bushings, trailarm bushings, rear control arm bushings, diff mount, trans mount and motor mounts, basically every bushing you make for the v,
want all in in red(95a hardness)
iam not sure if i need your heat sleves for the motors mounts as i have jet coated kooks long tubes
i just left you a voicmail with my number, iam jon from canada.

There's something wrong with your brain if you think they're going to give you special treatment.

2007ThunderV
01-14-13, 08:23 AM
There's something wrong with your brain if you think they're going to give you special treatment.

Not lookin for special treatment lol lookin to see if they ship to Canada and a final price for everything shipped to my door
Thanks for input fuzzy but my post was for rev shift

HAMSTAR
01-14-13, 08:26 AM
The dude is just asking for a volume discount, don't see how anyone could possibly get excited/ upset or nationalistic (the weirdest reaction). The request is out of place here, though. Best to email or PM them directly.

2007ThunderV
01-14-13, 08:34 AM
The dude is just asking for a volume discount, don't see how anyone could possibly get excited/ upset or nationalistic (the weirdest reaction). The request is out of place here, though. Best to email or PM them directly.

Yea I didn't think I was out of line but I guess a few people have nothing better to do then try to blast people for nothing

FuzzyLogic
01-14-13, 03:18 PM
Not lookin for special treatment lol lookin to see if they ship to Canada and a final price for everything shipped to my door
Thanks for input fuzzy but my post was for rev shift

Then why don't you talk to Revshift directly instead of posting your personal request for all of us to sift through?

2007ThunderV
01-14-13, 08:49 PM
Then why don't you talk to Revshift directly instead of posting your personal request for all of us to sift through?

What is your deal man I cleared my post relax
I did t see it as a problem considering its a revshift thread but oh well sorry to inconvience you
By the way thanks revshift for the the great customer service can't wait to install everything

barrok69
01-18-13, 10:30 AM
Does anybody know which directions the cradle bushings come out. Top or Bottom?

I'm planning on not destroying them when i do the Revshift install. I'm going to just use a puller and a large 1" drive socket and pull them through If my assumptions are correct that they can come out either way.

Thanks.

EdmundGTP
01-18-13, 04:08 PM
Does anybody know which directions the cradle bushings come out. Top or Bottom?

I'm planning on not destroying them when i do the Revshift install. I'm going to just use a puller and a large 1" drive socket and pull them through If my assumptions are correct that they can come out either way.

Thanks.

I have no idea what the answer to your question is, but I'm interested in hearing how this works out..

xbladr
01-18-13, 04:58 PM
Barrok69: I wish you the best of luck pulling them from what I understand is that not even with the cradle removed have people had luck pressing them out. The problem is that there is a little bit of a lip on the bottom almost like the sleeve is rolled out slightly and on the top there is extra rubber like two longer "nubs" i guess you could call them nubs that stick over the lip. I am not sure either way would work well but if I was to attempt it I would think that pulling down may be the only physical way to do it. I would assume you would have to cut the extra rubber at the top though.

soflarick
01-27-13, 07:47 AM
Those cradle bushings were installed with LONG TERM being the goal. The cut out the center and sawzall the shell may be the best option; or burn out the bushings and use something to create a kink in the shell to push it out.

I, for one, and super excited about the cradle bushings. No amount of alignment adjustments are going to make up for the stock bushings wiggling the cradle around like a baby in a rocker. One may be able to run more sedate rear alignment settings and get better performance as well as tire longevity.

Thanks for taking on the project Revshift.

etcts-v
02-05-13, 02:43 PM
Just want to throw a shout out to the quality customer service of RevShift. They took my impatient ass complaints in stride and even took a $40 hit on shipping for my cradle bushings via express mail to get them to me after I screwed up on my order. Doing good work RevShift, look forward to my next purchase once you release the next set of bushings!! Highly recommend them!

runsfromdacops
02-05-13, 07:22 PM
can you guys make the toe rod bushing adn the lower control arm bushings plzzz :-)

soflarick
02-13-13, 08:15 AM
They're working on that.

Sigfod
02-13-13, 08:57 AM
Waiting for a package deal for bushings. Want to get everything at once.

253ctsv
02-13-13, 10:36 AM

Me too. To be honest ill probably just buy all or most soon anyways

runsfromdacops
02-13-13, 01:17 PM
im just waiting for mine to show up

V for victory
02-13-13, 03:15 PM
can you guys make the toe rod bushing adn the lower control arm bushings plzzz :-)

RevShift where are those rear shock bushings you promised after the new year? It's February already for pete sake....LOL

runsfromdacops
02-13-13, 05:02 PM
im in the process of ordering some poly to make my own since no one makes them. i could make a few extra sets if any body wants them

OneFast V
02-13-13, 05:24 PM
im in the process of ordering some poly to make my own since no one makes them. i could make a few extra sets if any body wants them

What bushings are you planning to make?

runsfromdacops
02-13-13, 06:27 PM
toe rods and rear LCAs and maybe the 2 diff bushings the the rear cradle

sssnake
02-19-13, 02:29 PM
started on the install of these Monday. Pictures will be coming soon but what I can say now is what a royal PIA. Not with the new bushings (or at least I don't think so as I haven't tried to put them in yet) but with the removal of the stockers. Eight hours later I have one bushing almost out. Learned to date:

Hole saw method did not work for me with the cradle just dropped. The rubber melted back together and I couldn't cut all of the way through. My 1/2 drill just wouldn't drive the large hole saw well and without coming in from the top, which I didn't have enough room for, I don't see how this would work.

Burning might work but the flames are around the gas tank, brake hose, and ABS harness and just makes a hell of a mess.

What seemed to work best was to drill out a hole large enough to get a sawzall blade into and cutting the bushing to remove the center metal cylinder. Remember to use a wood blade not metal or the rubber will melt back together as it did with the hole saw. Then use the sawzall to cut the outer metal ring. This this thing is thick. I kept worrying about cutting into the cradle because I had no idea about the thickness. I will get a couple of pics up to illustrate.

All in all this bushing removal sux. It likely took me Ionger than most because of my fear of cutting into the cradle but I would rate it in terms of difficulty/time as harder than headers and easier than heads.

runsfromdacops
02-19-13, 02:31 PM
how long is it taking you guys to get your bushing from rev shift? do they send you a tracking # or do they just show up one day? im on week 3 and 5 emails with not a pep back from them.

-alex

Mn800r
02-19-13, 02:59 PM
Not the normal for those boys....try there phone, mine took a while due to purchased on Blk Friday deal. As far as I can see or read there suppose to be all caught up?.

runsfromdacops
02-19-13, 03:23 PM
anybody have a # for them? all i can find is there email on there site

Mn800r
02-19-13, 03:35 PM
586-510-4042

2007ThunderV
02-19-13, 03:52 PM
how long is it taking you guys to get your bushing from rev shift? do they send you a tracking # or do they just show up one day? im on week 3 and 5 emails with not a pep back from them.

-alex

I assume they are still swamped with orders
Iam on week 6 with no trAcking or response with ship date
Its a waiting game
your not the only one waiting unfortunately

runsfromdacops
02-19-13, 04:06 PM
kinda crazy, i emailed them to setup a package deal on all the bushings. he emailed me right back and asked me to review them on here and asked how soon i needed them. i told him my car was already apart and waiting for them so the sooner the better. i placed the order and now i cant get a hold of them... we are not off to a good start

2007ThunderV
02-19-13, 04:13 PM
Yea it kinda sucks how they mislead us when taking our orders
I was told the order would ship in 2 days when I placed it jan 14
I would prefer if they just said orders take 6-10 weeks then I wouldn't be wondering when Iam getting parts.
Either way I am happy to wait but I just want to be kept up to date

runsfromdacops
02-19-13, 04:46 PM
never mind i just got a email

soflarick
02-19-13, 05:47 PM
Seriously, the manginal talk is still going on. They'll catch up as soon as they can. You guys want to drive off another vendor. I've never of a board where so many complain so much.

2007ThunderV
02-19-13, 06:25 PM
Seriously, the manginal talk is still going on. They'll catch up as soon as they can. You guys want to drive off another vendor. I've never of a board where so many complain so much.

That's fine if their behind in orders
But we as customers should expect to be told proper and accurate lead times when we place orders.
I have ordered parts from many companies and have never experienced such a variance in lead times for performance parts.

runsfromdacops
02-19-13, 08:01 PM
blaaa

253ctsv
02-19-13, 08:15 PM
I just sent them an email. I'm ordering all their bushings hopefully tomorrow. I don't really want to wait 2 months but I guess I will if I have to lol. And hopefully while they're making all of yours they made a few extra and I won't have to wait long for mine >_<

runsfromdacops
02-19-13, 08:22 PM
ill bet they get back to you before they email me back. anyone want to take bets?

izcain
02-19-13, 08:45 PM
hmm looks like I should order up that way I can do them in nexxt month like I planned lol

253ctsv
02-19-13, 09:26 PM
ill bet they get back to you before they email me back. anyone want to take bets?

How much? If I get mine first ill sell them to you. But u have to pick up from Bellevue lol

sssnake
02-20-13, 12:19 AM
Well this is the left over mess from Monday.

This was the bushing prior to tonight's efforts.

Two hours and a broken screwdriver later.

To get an idea of the thickness of the outer metal sleeve see below.

Five more to go.

etcts-v
02-21-13, 04:20 AM
^^^ Oh man does that look familiar, still working on my first cradle bushing and I've broken 2 screw drivers and went through 3 sawzall batteries! FML... :banghead:

Picking up an air chisel before I get started again this weekend.

sssnake
02-21-13, 07:48 PM
The air chisel did help me but I still had a few problems even after I began using it.

izcain
02-22-13, 01:43 AM
sssnake are you just pulling bolts on each side and dropping one side at a time?

Gonna reseal the 8.8 (darn cover leak is annoying me) and I think I will just wait it out so when I throw it on the lift for that I will change all the bushings I can get my hands on in the back.

trukk
02-22-13, 11:16 AM

WERD!

I can add that to the pile of stuff I have sitting in my office waiting to go on the car (front/rear disks, valve springs, brake pads, motor/tranny mounts, radiator.)

Having too much fun rollin in the Vagon. Need to show the V1 some love.

-Chris

etcts-v
02-22-13, 05:20 PM
^^ Damn a double V man, jealous...

sssnake
02-22-13, 06:04 PM
sssnake are you just pulling bolts on each side and dropping one side at a time?.
Nope. All four cradle bolts removed but I only had time to get one bushing done before putting the car back together.

Motown Cad
02-22-13, 07:04 PM
Is there a symptom of bad cradle bushings? Is it a feeling that your chassis is sliding or wiggling on a sharp turn?

darkman
02-22-13, 07:12 PM
Is there a symptom of bad cradle bushings? Is it a feeling that your chassis is sliding or wiggling on a sharp turn?

The only symptom is wheel hop under hard acceleration, and that symptom is present when the car rolls off the assembly line. I don't recall any report of "worn out" cradle bushings on this forum regardless of mileage.

It is typical in setting up a street car for competition to replace every soft bushing with a stiffer bushing.

Motown Cad
02-22-13, 07:18 PM
Nice one! You made me laugh out loud. It seems like an awful lot of work. I will order a whole kit when they release everything, but I think I'll pass on the cradle bushings for now.

etcts-v
02-22-13, 08:27 PM
I wish they would release more bushings while I have my rear end all disassembled! Been checking their website on the regular...

Revshift
02-22-13, 10:14 PM
I wish they would release more bushings while I have my rear end all disassembled! Been checking their website on the regular...

Only the lower shock bushings and the two rear diff bushings are left for us to make. The shock bushings will be available soon. The rear diff bushings are tricky but we are working on it.

etcts-v
02-22-13, 10:23 PM
Only the lower shock bushings and the two rear diff bushings are left for us to make. The shock bushings will be available soon. The rear diff bushings are tricky but we are working on it.

Good news, thanks for the update!

FuzzyLogic
02-22-13, 10:25 PM

Aren't there a whole pile of front suspension bushings to make?

Motown Cad
02-22-13, 11:25 PM
Uh yeah.......I'm hoping for front upper and lower control arm bushings any strut bushings, front sway, toe link etc. Plus everything in the back! I emailed you guys yesterday and told you there is like 3-5000 V1' s and I will buy a whole cars worth of bushings. I'm sure a whole lot more will too! I bought my car with 102K on it and now put 20K on it in one year and want to know that I can buy your stuff and know what my car was like in 07 and even better with your product. I will own this for life as it was an engineering marvel for Cadillac and an American car for the ages. The V2 built off of that. I very well might buy one of them too for that reason. This car is beyond "Halo". If you build it and commit, I will buy it!

Revshift
02-23-13, 12:21 AM
Aren't there a whole pile of front suspension bushings to make?

I was referring to the rear end only. We are coming out with all of the front end bushings as well. Very soon, in fact.

We aren't unsure about making these parts. They are definitely on the way. Its just a matter of keeping up with all the current orders and building stock so that we don't fall behind again like we did these past couple months.

FuzzyLogic
02-23-13, 09:27 AM
I was referring to the rear end only. We are coming out with all of the front end bushings as well. Very soon, in fact.

We aren't unsure about making these parts. They are definitely on the way. Its just a matter of keeping up with all the current orders and building stock so that we don't fall behind again like we did these past couple months.

Awesome. Thanks for confirming.

I know it's kind of an "out there" idea, but I'd love a set of poly door, hood, and trunk seals, if such a thing could be made.

izcain
02-23-13, 11:18 PM

This is great news! I am going to start replacing all of them one by one!

sssnake
02-25-13, 10:31 AM
Well this is the left over mess from Monday.

This was the bushing prior to tonight's efforts.

Two hours and a broken screwdriver later.

To get an idea of the thickness of the outer metal sleeve see below.

Five more to go.

OK I finally figured out one of my issues... Make sure your sawzall has an orbital cut pattern for cutting the bushings. This made a world of difference for me. All of the remaining bushing plus new endlinks done on the rear sways in about six hours (this includes a trip to home depot for the new sawzall). Anyway so far no wheel hop. I want to put a few more miles on these before I declare victory over wheel hop but it feels good so far.

etcts-v
02-25-13, 02:38 PM
I also finally got mine completed this weekend, tip to anybody if you plan on doing this in one day, make sure you have a corded sawzall!! My 18 volt went through batteries like nobody's business.

I used a wide tooth sawzall blade for the rubber and fine tooth for cutting the sleeve. The air chisel also helped out a lot, once you get one slit cut in the bushing, use the air chisel to fold the bushing in (once the cut is made the bushing is like butter to the air chisel). Then from the top of the cradle hit the air chisel on the collar of the bushing and it pushes right out.

EdmundGTP
02-26-13, 05:38 PM
So swapping these bushings could have some improving effect on the wheel hop as well as simply just firming up the rear end? Even without having the anti-hop axles? I still havent gotten around to installing mine yet. Hell I still have the transmission mount insert waiting to be installed as well. Geforce axles are next on my short list of mods, and I was thinking of doing the axles and cradle bushings at the same time.

OneFast V
02-26-13, 07:51 PM
So swapping these bushings could have some improving effect on the wheel hop as well as simply just firming up the rear end? Even without having the anti-hop axles? I still havent gotten around to installing mine yet. Hell I still have the transmission mount insert waiting to be installed as well. Geforce axles are next on my short list of mods, and I was thinking of doing the axles and cradle bushings at the same time.

The two combined is your best bet for eliminating wheel hop.

EdmundGTP
02-26-13, 08:32 PM
The two combined is your best bet for eliminating wheel hop.

Thats what I figured. I was just surprised to hear that the bushings might have an observable effect on their own. I wouldnt have assumed they would.

OneFast V
02-26-13, 11:05 PM
Thats what I figured. I was just surprised to hear that the bushings might have an observable effect on their own. I wouldnt have assumed they would.

Anything that stiffens the rear helps to minimize wheel hop

xbladr
02-27-13, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know what the torque numbers are for the 4 cradle bolts and then the traling arm bolts? I am finally gonna get around to snugging them all up and want to torque them down correctly

darkman
02-27-13, 01:28 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/bushinginstall/index.html

See also - attached:

2007ThunderV
03-03-13, 10:16 AM
Anyone install the rear cradle bushings in a 07 yet

I was sifting through old threads and noticed there is differences between 04/05-06-07 cradles
Want to make sure before I start tearing my car apart
I don't want to have to buy a cradle if they don't fit

FuzzyLogic
03-03-13, 10:36 AM

I was sifting through old threads and noticed there is differences between 04/05-06-07 cradles

I did measurements for Revshift. The inner diameter and height of the 06-07 cradle bushing cylinders where the bushings rest is identical to those of the 04-05 cradle.

sssnake
03-03-13, 02:44 PM

They fit. Mine is an 07.

2007ThunderV
03-03-13, 06:56 PM
Perfect thanks for info

xbladr
03-04-13, 01:29 AM
Darkman thanks as always i have bunch of the pages but seem to be missing some of the important ones! Is there any central location to get the rest of them?

barrok69
03-04-13, 05:07 PM

The main difference is that the 04-05 have voided bushings whereas the 06-07 don't. I am assuming this is why the "inserts" only work on the 04-05 cars. There are no holes to put them in on the 06-07 bushing from the information I've gathered.

tommy compton
03-05-13, 09:53 PM
Just got mine in the mail, they sure look purty. Went with the red guys.

My way of getting the old ones out, was to use the biggest drill bit I could fit in my drill, then drill out the rubber between the inner bushing and the outter collar, reaming the rubber untill the middle bushing all but falls out. Then torched the craddle around the outter collar untill the rubber all peels out (becarefull , expecially around the gas tank) be prepared to blow out flamming rubber. Then a sawsall for the outter sleeve, one cut then bend and pry it out. Not too bad once you get the hang of it after the first one.

darkman
03-05-13, 10:12 PM
Darkman thanks as always i have bunch of the pages but seem to be missing some of the important ones! Is there any central location to get the rest of them?

The PDF was corrupt - I have replaced it within the original post, above.

Sigfod
03-05-13, 10:19 PM
Anyone notice a large increase in Vibration by using these bushings?
I noticed a very minor increase in vibration by installing CS motor mounts, but now I don't even notice.
Did not notice the CS diff bushing.

sssnake
03-06-13, 09:57 AM
The main difference is that the 04-05 have voided bushings whereas the 06-07 don't. I am assuming this is why the "inserts" only work on the 04-05 cars. There are no holes to put them in on the 06-07 bushing from the information I've gathered.

My 07 had voided bushings. Well sort of... The voids had a thin skin on the top of the bushing.

xbladr
03-06-13, 10:40 PM
Sigfod: I have not heard of anyone experiencing any increase in vibration due to these. I wont know however, till the winter is over as my baby sits in the garage all winter.

sssnake
03-06-13, 11:18 PM
I have posted an increased noise level on LS1TECH but I need new mm which may be contributing to the noise. We''ll see soon as I hope to get mm and headers done this weekend. This also varies a ton w temperature as well.

Sigfod
03-07-13, 07:29 AM
I have posted an increased noise level on LS1TECH but I need new mm which may be contributing to the noise. We''ll see soon as I hope to get mm and headers done this weekend. This also varies a ton w temperature as well.

Let us know. The V is my daily driver, and need to make sure she remains somewhat civil for the wife.

OneFast V
03-07-13, 11:30 AM
Let us know. The V is my daily driver, and need to make sure she remains somewhat civil for the wife.

I have not noticed a significant noise increase (I'm running the blue bushings) and I have all the revshift suspension bushings offered and UMI motor mounts.

Mn800r
03-07-13, 10:19 PM
^^^hmmm^^^always a trade off for us isn't it....mine is a weekend Summer ground pounder, I'll take the trade off.

sssnake
03-11-13, 04:30 PM
^^^hmmm^^^always a trade off for us isn't it....mine is a weekend Summer ground pounder, I'll take the trade off.

Even w the additional noise I have currently I would take the tradeoff as well. Better handling and reduced wheel hop are just too good to pass up. Didn't get the MMs done this weekend, relatives in the hospital and work got in the way. Hopefully I will have an update soon. Interestingly enough it was a ton warmer this morning and the noise was greatly reduced.

runsfromdacops
03-12-13, 04:07 PM
If you fix thee weak link (wich is the glass diff for us) it allowsyou to put more strees on other parts.
The 9" is such a waste on the V. You cant fit a big enough tire on the car to brake a 8.8 so whats the need fot the 9"? Pluse they. Rob more power then any other diff

FuzzyLogic
03-12-13, 05:09 PM
If you fix thee weak link (wich is the glass diff for us) it allowsyou to put more strees on other parts.
The 9" is such a waste on the V. You cant fit a big enough tire on the car to brake a 8.8 so whats the need fot the 9"? Pluse they. Rob more power then any other diff

Good lord, man. For your own sake, spell!

xbladr
03-12-13, 09:19 PM
Haha fuzzy im going to assume he was typing that from his phone... or at least I hope he was

runsfromdacops
03-13-13, 03:06 AM
I was and still am. My phone didnt even post it to the right topic.
But I am a shity speller. Always have beeen always will be. No bigge to me

HAMSTAR
03-13-13, 08:14 AM
Who cares if he doesn't spell well? Everything he writes makes sense and is understandable. In the end, that's all that matters.

Mn800r
03-13-13, 11:41 AM
Who cares about the spelling, he has fabricated some outside of the box shit...damn genius! Is that spelled right?...:hmm:

FuzzyLogic
03-13-13, 12:47 PM
Who cares if he doesn't spell well? Everything he writes makes sense and is understandable. In the end, that's all that matters.

Everything he writes is not necessarily clear or understandable.

If he can't get small things right, I can't trust him with big things.

HAMSTAR
03-13-13, 12:57 PM

Grammar is only important to the extent that people are understandable. Insisting on correct grammar beyond the basic level needed for comprehension is just pedantry and classism. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but I think it bears noting. There are some people that post on here with disorganized run-on sentences that are barely understandable. Runsfromthecops doesn't have that kind of problem in the least. The obsession with correct spelling, on the other hand, is a modern invention that came from societies need to codify and regularize for the purposes of reference and typesetting. Even the need for referability is diminishing as google-like algorithms can search intelligently for spelling variations. So, in short, spelling matters much less than we were taught at school. Coming down on a guy that doesn't have the inclination or was never taught in a system that obsesssed over spelling isn't just unfair, it's rapidly becoming antiquated.

It's OK to be wrong sometimes, Fuzz.

runsfromdacops
03-13-13, 01:11 PM
well this thread has taken a odd turn haha.
spelling has all ways been a major struggle for me, i have come to terms it a long time ago.
i just try and make my posts as readable as possible. if you dont like how i spell feel free to skip over my posts.
im just trying to share my love of these cars with you guys

Revshift
03-13-13, 01:33 PM
Back on topic. How does everyone like their Redshaft craidle buchings?

atdeneve
03-13-13, 02:17 PM
Haha! Funny make me poop!

Mn800r
03-13-13, 03:20 PM
Waiting for all this shit ass snow to melt so I can get it over on my buddy's hoist, will let u know.

barrok69
03-13-13, 03:23 PM
Waiting for all this shit ass snow to melt so I can get it over on my buddy's hoist, will let u know.

x2. I'm in the same boat.

runsfromdacops
03-13-13, 10:07 PM
Back on topic. How does everyone like their Redshaft craidle buchings?
i jsut got all the bushing you guys sell into my car. man its a night and day difference. before the rear would shift unexpectedly and with out warning under power. now it feels like a new vett. very planted and stiff
cant ask for much more then that from some bushings
-alex

xbladr
03-13-13, 10:49 PM
Still procrastinating on getting it done lol. Its half done (yes the driver side only and dont worry its just sitting in the garage) but because I have my R1 completely disassembled and I have the F150 for the winter I have been having trouble getting msyelf out to the garage.

tommy compton
03-14-13, 01:27 PM

You need a new hobby.