: 22" rims with a 35 profile tire on a cts coupe

Psicho
11-19-12, 11:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried putting a bigger profile tire on a set of 22s on the cts coupe. Looking to put 265/35-22 on the front and 295/30-22 in the rear. It would be a bigger diameter tire/ rim combo but it would have more tire. Maybe the ride wouldn't be so bad. Any comments?

tinman
11-21-12, 12:18 PM
The ride and handling will probably be worse. Braking will also be worse.

Psicho
11-21-12, 03:27 PM
The reason why im asking this is because I want to put 22" rims on my coupe. Everyone puts 30 profile on the front and 25 on the rear because thats what it calls for. Doing this will have a rough ride. I am trying to prevent that by going with a higher profile tire. It will cause the speedometer to be off by about 6-7 percent but im ok with that. I know it will be harder on the brakes because of more weight. Im just curious if anyone has tried it and the outcome. Thanks

tinman
11-21-12, 03:34 PM
Good luck. I agree the higher profile tires will help with your ride. At least you're thinking and looking at all the different options before you pull the trigger and buy something you may or may not be happy with.

Mark985
01-09-13, 04:23 PM
The reason why im asking this is because I want to put 22" rims on my coupe. Everyone puts 30 profile on the front and 25 on the rear because thats what it calls for. Doing this will have a rough ride. I am trying to prevent that by going with a higher profile tire. It will cause the speedometer to be off by about 6-7 percent but im ok with that. I know it will be harder on the brakes because of more weight. Im just curious if anyone has tried it and the outcome. Thanks

Hey I'm looking to do the same size tires and was just wondering if you ever tried to fit them and if they worked or not. Please let me know. Thanks