: 07 cadillac esclade awd...

r_night
11-19-12, 09:04 PM
Hi i recently made a purchase of 07 caddy with 103k miles. During the test drive i did not pick up on how the tranny is behaving. Downshift ing from 3rd to 2nd produces a knock, also yesterday in traffic when accelerating while going 20mph i also get the same "thump". Took it back to the dealership here in charlotte and the sr. Service mgr check a few things and found nothing. Basically said the engine is.smart enough to let me know if something was.wrong....sounds like he does not look at caddys often........before i ran it to the caddy dealership....has anyone ever dealt.with this before????......i have driven enough cars to know something is.not right....

Any help would be appreciated.....
Also i did purchase the extended wrranty....

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-20-12, 02:33 PM
R_night, I'm sorry to hear about your transmission concerns with your Escalade! I can definitely understand how that could be frustrating, especially after purchasing it recently. I do recommend bringing your vehicle to your Cadillac dealer for service, and please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to follow up with your Cadillac dealer for you at any point!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

w8t4it
12-27-12, 12:28 AM
Hi i recently made a purchase of 07 caddy with 103k miles. During the test drive i did not pick up on how the tranny is behaving. Downshift ing from 3rd to 2nd produces a knock, also yesterday in traffic when accelerating while going 20mph i also get the same "thump". Took it back to the dealership here in charlotte and the sr. Service mgr check a few things and found nothing. Basically said the engine is.smart enough to let me know if something was.wrong....sounds like he does not look at caddys often........before i ran it to the caddy dealership....has anyone ever dealt.with this before????......i have driven enough cars to know something is.not right....

Any help would be appreciated.....
Also i did purchase the extended wrranty....

I have the Exact same problem and the dealer said exact same thing to me. Not normal but I still have a lot of warranty left on it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-27-12, 08:43 AM
W8t4it, I just wanted to let you know my offer stands for you as well! If you would like me to follow up with your dealer on your behalf, just send me an email to alert me. (Sending your full name and the last eight of your VIN would help greatly in my research.)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service