: Co-worker Dies In Plane Crash

Ranger
11-19-12, 09:54 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/suburbs/antioch_fox_lake/chi-2-reported-dead-in-wisconsin-plane-crash-20121118,0,2825869.story

CadillacLuke24
11-19-12, 10:10 PM
My condolences. That is so sad, father and daughter died.

Rest in Peace.

MrHolland
11-19-12, 11:12 PM
Very sad indeed. Hope their family and you are doing well Ranger.

talismandave
11-19-12, 11:56 PM
Sorry to hear about their passing. It was sad watching it on the local news here, even more so now that it has touched one of us here.

gdwriter
11-20-12, 01:40 AM
Aw, crap. I'm sorry to hear about this, Larry. My condolences to the family.

dkozloski
11-20-12, 02:07 AM
One of the reasons I had to get out of the little plane racket. Every time I picked up a newspaper, somebody else I knew had bit the dust in a small plane accident and some of them were using my engines. The possibility of it being my fault someday overwhelmed me. I didn't want something like that on my conscience.

truckinman
11-20-12, 03:01 AM
So sorry to hear this man. It's just such a sad situation I don't even know what else to say other than I'm sorry. I hope you and their family is doing ok.

R.I.P.

----------

One of the reasons I had to get out of the little plane racket. Every time I picked up a newspaper, somebody else I knew had bit the dust in a small plane accident and some of them were using my engines. The possibility of it being my fault someday overwhelmed me. I didn't want something like that on my conscience.

Koz, I can only imagine that feeling. I kinda hear the same from a lot of fellow truckers believe it or not. Not about planes, but a lot of drivers have left this profession bc of a close call with killing a family. That's what scares me the most. You can be the most responsible person in the world, but it just takes one fatal mistake. Like falling asleep at the wheel or anything really. An 80k lb truck doesn't have much mercy on a car or SUV

DouglasJRizzo
11-20-12, 07:44 AM
Sorry to hear. Similar to how I lost my only brother years ago.

donwon
11-20-12, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

Ranger
11-20-12, 10:53 PM
There seems to be somewhat of a curse on that department in this regard. Some time ago, back in the '90's I think, another dispatchers father died in a mid-air collision at the Osh Kosh Wisc. air show. Some of you may remember the United 232 crash at SUX (Sioux city Iowa) in 1989. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_232 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45wMs6jSUg Of the 285 SOB (Souls On Board), miraculously, 185 survived. Only one crew member died and that was an F/A (the daughter on one of our dispatchers). Now this.

77CDV
11-21-12, 03:00 AM
My condolences on your loss.

orconn
11-21-12, 05:05 PM
I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and his daughter in a light plane crash. It is always sad when someone we know and someone so young is lost in an accident. My condolences.

CadillacLuke24
11-26-12, 02:20 AM
There seems to be somewhat of a curse on that department in this regard. Some time ago, back in the '90's I think, another dispatchers father died in a mid-air collision at the Osh Kosh Wisc. air show. Some of you may remember the United 232 crash at SUX (Sioux city Iowa) in 1989. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_232 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45wMs6jSUg Of the 285 SOB (Souls On Board), miraculously, 185 survived. Only one crew member died and that was an F/A (the daughter on one of our dispatchers). Now this.

I hope it stops with this. I really do.

Koz, I can only imagine that feeling. I kinda hear the same from a lot of fellow truckers believe it or not. Not about planes, but a lot of drivers have left this profession bc of a close call with killing a family. That's what scares me the most. You can be the most responsible person in the world, but it just takes one fatal mistake. Like falling asleep at the wheel or anything really. An 80k lb truck doesn't have much mercy on a car or SUV

One thing that people forget are the truckers involved in accidents, and sometimes they are powerless. This past summer a girl I used to know as a freshman got in a car wreck where she lost control of her car and veered into oncoming traffic. She, in a Dodge Neon, was t-boned by a semi on the right side. Her passenger was ejected (seat and all) and died instantly. She suffered a broken arm and was in a coma for a long time. I think she had some brain damage too, but from what I've heard she's slowly coming back. Someone mentioned, after an article on the incident, that the worst thing to do is forget the truck driver. He couldn't have done anything to change the outcome of the accident, but I'd bet he still, in the back of his mind, feels responsible. Best of luck to him.

brandondeleo
11-26-12, 02:26 AM
I hope it stops with this. I really do.

One thing that people forget are the truckers involved in accidents, and sometimes they are powerless. This past summer a girl I used to know as a freshman got in a car wreck where she lost control of her car and veered into oncoming traffic. She, in a Dodge Neon, was t-boned by a semi on the right side. Her passenger was ejected (seat and all) and died instantly. She suffered a broken arm and was in a coma for a long time. I think she had some brain damage too, but from what I've heard she's slowly coming back. Someone mentioned, after an article on the incident, that the worst thing to do is forget the truck driver. He couldn't have done anything to change the outcome of the accident, but I'd bet he still, in the back of his mind, feels responsible. Best of luck to him.
When my accident happened last year, the semi that plowed into me on the freeway came to a straight stop not too far away in a perfect fashion. When the driver ran out to see if we were okay I shook his hand and thanked him for possibly saving our lives and his by being able to control the truck.