: Cadillac Maintenance

Poncherello
11-19-12, 08:49 PM
I scheduled service for my 2010 ESV and in looking at the Cadillac sight it says only 2011 and newer models came with the maintenance plan. I could have sworn the dealer told me that the 2010 was covered when I bought it in July. Does anyone know if the 2010 is covered by the maintenance plan?

MrHolland
11-19-12, 09:53 PM
Mine isn't, that I'm aware of.

Poncherello
11-19-12, 10:22 PM
Mine isn't, that I'm aware of.

I guess I'll skip that appointment and take it to the local place for 1/2 the price.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-20-12, 02:29 PM
Poncherello, according to my preliminary research I do see that all 2011 and newer Cadillac vehicles came standard with Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance. However, I would recommend confirming this with your dealer and please let me know if I can be of further assistance along the way. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

sdgc
11-20-12, 02:39 PM
Katie, does it matter if the vehicle was purchased used? I bought a 2012 used from the US to Canada (it was used on a Canadian dealer lot and I found out it is a US model)... do I still get the services?

soulsea
11-20-12, 03:20 PM
As per the US Cadillac site:

ALL 2011 AND NEWER CADILLAC VEHICLES COME STANDARD WITH CADILLAC PREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCE.
Itís a maintenance program that provides more peace of mind by covering certain required maintenance services during the first 4-years or 50,000-miles6 of the vehicleís operation. It aligns with the terms of our 4-year or 50,000-miles6 bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. And, it is fully transferable.

So yes it's transferable.

Is it transferable across countries? Probably not, especially since I see no mention of such a plan on the Canada Cadillac website ... but Katie can confirm/deny this.

Cheers!

----------

Oh wait, my bad, they do have the Cadillac Shield plan in Canada.

Disregard what I said. :)

----------

But if they have it, and you purchased your vehicle at a Canadian dealer, then it does't matter where the vehicle was originally titled, you should have access to the plan's benefits.

----------

oh dear lord, I really should read things before I speak with my head brain. :(

It looks like the shield plan is only applicable to NEW vehicles in Canada land.

Let me ask you this ... how far from the border are you? :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-20-12, 04:31 PM
Katie, does it matter if the vehicle was purchased used? I bought a 2012 used from the US to Canada (it was used on a Canadian dealer lot and I found out it is a US model)... do I still get the services?

SDGC, are you still a resident of Canada? If so, I wanted to let you know GM of Canada agents are available via telephone at 800-263-3777, M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. If you would prefer to continue via online communications, however, I found this helpful link: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporate/about/contactus/overview

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service