: Remove Fuel Door?

Bunty
11-19-12, 01:18 AM
I'm getting one of those locking fuel door covers and I need to remove the stock fuel door. Anyone know how to do that on a 2011 Escalade?

K9Caddy
11-19-12, 03:39 AM
Why not make it easier and just buy a locking cap? Those locking fuel door covers are FUGLY! ;)

hcvone
11-19-12, 07:11 AM
Why not make it easier and just buy a locking cap? Those locking fuel door covers are FUGLY! ;)

I agree with that 1000%, I purchased one several years ago and it was on my truck for 1 day and went back to stock. I am pretty sure you have to remove or at least undo several fastners that hold the inner fender in place so you can remove the bolts on the fuel door arm

PeteKT
11-19-12, 12:36 PM
seroiously that worried about someone stealing your gas?

K9Caddy
11-19-12, 12:54 PM
Maybe he is from Jersey? However, that door isn't gonna keep anyone out... If they want it, they will get it.

Bunty
11-20-12, 12:03 AM
I'm scared someone tries to put something in it like water, sand etc I wish it locked automatically when the doors are locked or had a fuel door release from the inside.

K9Caddy
11-20-12, 12:51 AM
If you have that many enemies, you might want to re-think where you park instead. :D

PeteKT
11-20-12, 10:43 AM
do you live in a bad neighborhood, or you been pissing of the neighborhood kids?

hannity
11-20-12, 11:11 AM
I'm scared someone tries to put something in it like water, sand etc I wish it locked automatically when the doors are locked or had a fuel door release from the inside.

That is one of the things I wish it did have, but we are talking about gm so....anyway if I were you I would keep it simple and go with a locking gas cap instead.

Carneros Red
11-20-12, 11:51 AM
I was slightly disappointed that a vehicle in this price range didn't have a more secure gas filler cover. However, I am grateful for a gas cap. I've driven too many rentals lately that don't have gas caps.
I agree the best solution is a locking cap and will be buying one this weekend. My primary concern is with pranksters rather than thieves.

roadog1aj
11-21-12, 06:25 AM
Locking gas cap is THE way to go for sure! At least to control "Pranksters" and vandals. If they are fuel thieves.....it won't matter how well you secure the fuel filler entrance, they simply whip out their trusty cordless drill/screw driver, and drill a hole in the plastic gas tank. Only takes them 15 seconds to drill the hole, and you know the end to that story. The best alternative is to garage the vehicle if you have a secure garage , or building to park inside. At least they have to work a little harder to get at the thing!!
Of course, you can get rid of everything and walk.....but then you'd probably get mugged, and they would steal your shoes!!!! I guess there really is no 100% safe form of transportation any more.........