: Rims

cts sarahhh
11-19-12, 02:12 AM
With my 2012 cts I have blacked out the inside and the outside, I have yet to do the rims...I know powder coating is supposed to be better than just regular paint...what should be done

----------

Well I unfortunately don't have a v which I wish I did have...I got it all done after market...and I don't want m rims getting done at the same place I had got my grill and other exterior stuff done along withe interior done

cadi509
01-26-13, 03:38 AM
Powder coating works great very durable I've had mine done for about 4 months now and they still look perfect

kntharty
02-23-13, 10:11 PM
Powder coat is much stronger than paint i have been using powder coated rims on my pickup for nearly a year through the Minnesota winter and they still look fine. You will need to have them sandblasted to clean any clearcoat peeling or other imperfections be careful on the material that is used as it might be to abrasive and ruin the rims. That being said a good body shop will know what not to use and tell you if they cannot do it correctly. The powder coating shop i have used has a body shop that does the sandblasting for him and will generally be the same or better price of getting it done yourself and they will know how well it needs to be done to look good.

DWBFightgear
04-11-13, 06:28 PM
Powder coat is much stronger than paint i have been using powder coated rims on my pickup for nearly a year through the Minnesota winter and they still look fine. You will need to have them sandblasted to clean any clearcoat peeling or other imperfections be careful on the material that is used as it might be to abrasive and ruin the rims. That being said a good body shop will know what not to use and tell you if they cannot do it correctly. The powder coating shop i have used has a body shop that does the sandblasting for him and will generally be the same or better price of getting it done yourself and they will know how well it needs to be done to look good.

Where about in MN? Im looking to get my rims powder coated!!??