: 2012 escalade driver door lock/rear cup holder

hdillingham
11-18-12, 10:03 PM
I can put my key in the door and it turns but the lock does not unlock door. Upon checking inside the lever taht goes down into the part that moves the door lock up and open is broken. Who knows exactly wht that is called and is it only available through a Caddy delaer?

I also have the rear cup holder that will not stay up and keeps falling down. Does anyone have a picture of what the piece that allows the cup holder in the back which is the back part of the console to stay shut?

soulsea
11-18-12, 10:06 PM
The lock actuator is gone, it's one of the most common issues since 2007 ... it's dumbfounding that GM has never rectified it. The cup holder I'm not sure, maybe a clip is broken, but just go by the dealer and he'll sort both things out for you since both are covered in btb warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-19-12, 04:25 PM
Hdillingham, I also recommend bringing your Escalade to your Cadillac dealership and consulting with their technicians. Please feel free to contact me via email if you would like any further assistance along the way!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hdillingham
11-19-12, 07:41 PM
Thnaks, I will check with the dealer.

Carneros Red
11-20-12, 11:44 AM
My 2012 rear cupholder does not have a clip to keep it closed. It has a friction lock in the hinge.

Maybe you can get yours fixed under warranty?