: P0756 code?

SouthernCaddy
11-18-12, 11:31 AM
I have a 2007 Escalade esv with 121,000 miles on it now. Last week it jumped out of gear taking off and gave me a code of p0756. I looked it up and it was a trans shift solenoid. I took the truck and had the trans serviced and filter changed. It ran great until yesterday and it jump out of gear again. But did not set a code and ran fine after that. My question is why would it be doing this? After the first time we put another 70 miles on it before it did it this last time. Cant afford 4700 for a trans right now. Any Ideas? Right now it is shifting great and is working fine. But I hope it doesnt keep doing this.

My buddy at the trans shop told me they do not rebuild them because of the ecm being in the vlave body. They just replace them with a GM unit if needed. OUCH!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-19-12, 03:37 PM
SouthernCaddy, if you do decide to involve a dealership at any point, I hope you'll keep me in mind for further assistance. I'd be happy to follow up with a dealer for you and investigate further on your behalf! I can appreciate, though, if you're looking for DIY input instead; if that is the case, then I hope forum members will be chiming in shortly with their helpful advice!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service