: New SLS owner

agchoset
12-20-04, 08:53 PM
Just put a deposit down on an '01 Seville SLS today. Black with gray interior. I've been lurking around this board for a few months now, and I figured now was a good time to introduce myself :-)

I think I'm getting a pretty good deal on the car -- 42k miles, 6yr/100k extended warranty through Cadillac/GM, $16k. (Blue Book is 20,700).

I drove an '03 CTS prior to the SLS, and I fell in love with the SLS within the first few minutes of driving it. It's my first Cadillac, so hopefully it gives me as much enjoyment as I'm hoping it will!

Andrew
01 Caddy Seville SLS
98 Chevy Tahoe LT (for sale)
88 Chevy IROC-Z LS1

Vesicant
12-20-04, 09:47 PM
:welcome:

Welcome to Cadillacfourms.com!

Im sure you'll enjoy your "new" SLS. A nice pick over the CTS :thumbsup:

We'd love to see a picture of it as well.. (when you get it ofcourse) a Black STS/SLS is a beautiful car.

CADDYBLACK99
12-20-04, 10:29 PM
Welcome agchoset!

Sounds very similar to the deal I got on my 99'. I really feel secure with the 6/100K. It a joy to drive. You will be very entertained by the additional 2 cylinders! Good luck! Thanks for joining the forum.
Paul

taco_arizona
12-21-04, 01:38 PM
I too just purchased an SLS. Its a 2002 and based on my first few weeks of driving this car, you will love it. You will start looking for reasons to go away just so you can enjoy this great car. Welcome.

Showgun
12-22-04, 11:15 AM
Welcome to the forum ! Enjoy yourself.

Belgian Blue
12-22-04, 11:39 AM
Welcome from Belgium !

agchoset
12-22-04, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

I love the car so far, it's really like nothing else I've ever driven, certainly like nothing I've ever owned.

Small problem already, though...

The button illumination for the headlight controls, steering wheel controls, and radio/AC/console stuff is all not working. Took it in to the dealer today, they replaced a fuse, all was well, but after a short time, the lights again went out. So I'm going to have to take it back in in the morning to have them tear it apart to find a presumed short. It's a Cadillac certified car, so everything is under warranty, no cost to me, which is nice :-)

Here's some links to a couple of pics, not great, but it's all that I've had a chance to get so far.

Exterior: http://andrewchoset.com/SLS/PICT0477.JPG
Interior: http://andrewchoset.com/SLS/PICT0479.JPG

-Andrew