: Lighting gremlins ...

jackstraw1
11-18-12, 01:07 AM
My '08 ESV has me stumped.

First noticed problem when my wife stated her visor mirror light was inoperative. Forgot about it but soon noticed steering wheel lighting was off with the exception of arrow up on right module and bottom button on left. Checked out all interior lighting and in addition to the above, problems are as follows:

Neither visor mirror light works.
Front overhead map lights come on when door is opened, but neither will turn on when button is pushed
With headlights on, when either visor light lid is opened or map light button pushed, lights on all radio dash buttons go out.

Had a bad a** Coupe DeVille years ago that all the interior lights would come on when you went over railroad tracks or speed bumps. Used to keep a map in the glovebox so at night it looked like we were lost and looking for directions ... the good old days !!?

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Mark Edward Morrison
11-18-12, 11:49 AM
TBC2C fuse (Truck Body Controller 2C) 15 amp blue fuse.TBC2C fuse left side dash bottom fuse controls: vanity lights, and all map lights. This should be the one to fix you up.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-19-12, 04:08 PM
Jackstraw, we Customer Service representatives aren't able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself advice, but I'm glad to see forum members already jumping in with feedback for you. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend bringing your ESV to your dealership to have their specialized technicians run the proper diagnostic tests on your vehicle. (However, I can understand if you prefer the DIY approach!)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jackstraw1
01-27-13, 12:29 AM
Thanks and appreciate your time to reply. Finally took the time to change fuses and no luck. Only other thought is I replaced stock reverse and license bulbs with LED's. Will try pulling those and see if that does the trick. Thanks again.