: New 13 Radiant Silver

Ponyman
11-17-12, 09:19 PM
Assuming nothing goes wrong with the loan, we bought a new 13 Radiant Silver Premium today, with the 20" real chrome wheels, and the Light Titaniumn/Ebony interior. Went to look at the 12's as they are really dealing on them, but of course ended up with the newer model. Got what I considred a good trade in on our 10 Premium, and the dealer came down a little on the 13. Guess we will be in the Cadillac family for a little longer. Tried to get the wife interested in an Acadia Denali, but when she looked at it and snarled, I knew when to quit and let her have another beloved SRX. I can only hope it will be as trouble free as the 10. With the Tit/Ebony interior, all the wood accents are really dark, almost black, but you can see the woodgrain. Will be picking it up Tuesday is everything goes right.

TheCaptain
11-18-12, 09:37 AM
Congrats!

Likely
11-18-12, 11:04 AM
Ponyman...

Sounds like a nice ride. Enjoy!!!! I have 2010 premium also, thinking about trading for 2013 premium Silver Coast Metallic, with Shale/Brownstone interior. If you don't mind, what did they allow you for your 2010? How many miles did you have on the 2010?
Thanks in advance for the info....Enjoy your new ride!!!

Likely

Marc NY
11-18-12, 11:09 AM
I wish you the best with your latest new SRX. :D Let us know what you think of all the new features when you have some miles on her.

Ponyman
11-18-12, 12:48 PM
Likely, they allowed $32,000 on our 10 Premium with 16,500 miles on it. That is about 2 k better than Kelly Blue
Book or Edmunds or NADA said. They said they already had a buyer wanting a LOW mileage SRX. Sticker was $50,100. They came 3k of sticker, so about 15 k difference. Don't know if this is a good deal or not, but the wife is happy. There were NO deals on a 13, at least in Texas. There were great deals on a 12, and some lease deals for a 13. Just decided if we were going to trade than it might as well be a 13. Been spending the morning taking a few little accessories off the 10, like the license plate bracket, and mus flaps, etc. My wife was also impressed by the power of the 3.6 vs the 3.0. Well, she drives it 98% of the time so happy wife means happy life. This is my third Cadillac and second SRX from this dealership and the same salesman. To tell you what a hot seller the SRX is, my salesman said 15 cars a month for him, is a good month. Yesterday he sold three SRX's, a Silver 13 Premium. (mine), a Silver 13 Luxury, and a 12 Silver Performance. We loved the Paltinum Ice on our 10, and would have gone with it again, but my wife said if we didn't get a different color, then she wouldn't fell like she was looking at anew car, and nobody would know it was a new car, so hence the Radiant Silver.

GMJim
11-18-12, 06:41 PM
Congrats Pony!

Likely
11-18-12, 09:08 PM
Ponyman....

Great deal you made. Getting 3 grand off sticker price is real good. I have 13500 miles on my 2010, so should get about the same trade in amount you did. Hope i can do as well. I love the power in the 2013's as well. My 2010 3.0 liter just doesn't have it. Seems like it is down shifting all the time in the hills. I live in the desert and low elevation, so you would think the engine would do better, but! no way.
Thanks alot for the info my friend, this will give me agood guide line. Enjoy your ride!!!! Thanks again....

Likely

Ponyman
11-18-12, 10:38 PM
Hope your trade goes well. Remember there are regional differences in prices for used cars, and not saying yours isn't, but except for a couple of chips on the front fascia, you couldn't tell our 10 from new. And supposedly they had a buyer waiting on a trade in like mine. Who knows what the dealer hold back actually is, I guarantee you that my dealer made a nice profit on the deal. I can't hold that against them, if they didn't make a profit they wouldn't be there the next time I trade. I do feel that since this is my 3rd Cadillac from them and the same salesperson, that I feel they gave me a decent price, but who knows.

Likely
11-18-12, 11:01 PM
Going to the Motortrend Auto Show the day after thanksgiving, in las vegas. I really enjoy this show. You really have a chance to check the vehicles out. The dealer i do business with is in las vegas, so that makes it pretty handy. Have a great holiday!!!!

My 2010 is like new as well!!! I understand the regional difference and the dealer volume, etc.

Likely

GMJim
11-19-12, 06:27 AM
I can offer you a supplier discount that will knock a couple K's off. Jim

2013SRX
11-19-12, 08:00 PM
Congratulations! Post pics..It's so nice to hear how others love the SRX...It's gonna be my 1st, I finally found a 2013 Performance FWD/platinum Ice w/Driver Awareness Pkg and Clear Tail Lights, so now I don't have to wait for an ordered one. HAPPY! HAPPY! :) It's gonna be ready tomorrow...they also gave me a price $3k off MSRP $48,060, they said if I have any GM friends or family I might be able to get the price lower if I get the Auth #??? Can anyone help me with that??? They said I could get $2k more off if I owned a luxury vehicle-but nope I don't qualify for that one :(

GMJim
11-20-12, 06:20 AM
You have a GM friend right here............

Black SRX Perf
11-20-12, 06:54 AM
I can offer you a supplier discount that will knock a couple K's off. Jim

Jim, out of curiousity, can the supplier discount be combined with GM Card points?

Thanks,
Steve

GMJim
11-20-12, 07:46 AM
Jim, out of curiousity, can the supplier discount be combined with GM Card points?

Thanks,
Steve

yes!

2013SRX
11-20-12, 11:35 AM
You have a GM friend right here............

Help...I'm scheduled to pick it up in 5 hrs, SO EXCITED!!! I'm in Calif...so how do I get an Auth #??
Thanks, Theresa

GMJim
11-20-12, 11:46 AM
email me james.humphrey@gmdotcom with your zip code & date of birth

2013SRX
11-20-12, 04:13 PM
this time zone thing??? Hope you got my email? 95050 2-15-61, thanks Theresa

GMJim
11-20-12, 05:44 PM
certificate emailed to you 5:30EST

GMJim
11-21-12, 06:26 AM
Sorry to highjack your thread Ponyman.

Ponyman
11-21-12, 06:43 PM
No problem Jim, you are saving people money, carry on. We did pick up the new SRX last night, around 7 pm. Had 11 miles on it, and we put 4 of those on on the test drive. Drove it about 80 miles home, and really thought it rode better, seats were better, much better acceleration, and the fuel mileage seems the same. Wife kept griping at me for playing with CUE while driving. Really like the new blind sot warning, and the lane change departure buzzing in the seat will take some getting used to. Taking off on a 350 mile trip on Friday, so hope to get to play with it some more.

b4z
11-21-12, 07:02 PM
$3k off on a '13 is good.there must be some unadvertised discounts on them we don't know about. Dealer cash or something.

Ponyman
11-21-12, 07:44 PM
Can't really say, but 2013SRX said earlier in this thread that the got $300 off sticker also. May also depend on how much margin of profit the dealer wants to make or is willing to settle for.

hambone8
11-23-12, 12:00 AM
$3k off on a '13 is good.there must be some unadvertised discounts on them we don't know about. Dealer cash or something.

I received a 1900 credit along with a gm supplier discount. The credit was an unadvertised promotion that my dealer told me about. Helps that he is a friend of a friend and the original person I was dealing with is my buddy's step dad. Quite happy with 12k mile per year 3 yr lease.

Ponyman
11-26-12, 05:09 PM
Ok, we put a thousand miles on it this holiday weekend. My impressions, it drives smoother, is quieter, and the engine definetly has more get up and go, at no fuel decrease. We were averaging 24 mpg hwy at 75 mph, and that is as good as the 10 with the 3. ever got.
New whistles and bells are mslty great. Didn't need collision avoidance thank goodness. Blind spot is GREAT, just get used to the seat buzzing when you swerve a little. Really have to keep the car between the lines. Several time I didn't run over the line, cause it was on the rumble strip, but I guess if you get close it goes off. New seats are super, much more comfortable than the old ones. Navigation works good. Only problem is that Cue won't link up with our phones and automatically go to hands free. You have to push the hands free icon on the touch screen to get it to hands free. Our phones are ancient, but they did sync with the car's bluetooth. Other than that the car is working GREAT and we are really satisfied with it.