: New member in Washington State

pacificnwrider
11-17-12, 05:21 PM
HI to the forum:
New member joining from the desert side of Washington State.
I climbed into my first caddy as a 12 year old, when dad took the family's 1977 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser to the Dalles, Oregon and took delivery of his custom ordered 1984 Sedan Deville with the HT4100. The entire family marveled at the "level ride" indicator light when it would kick on, LOL!!
The car was a big dissapointment to my parents after having had the power the Olds 350 had provided, but they drove and maintained it faithfully until trading it in for their Northstar. I grew up taking family road trips all over, the mountains for a picnic, and many times to the coast in that great car.
In 1985, Dad scored a deal on a low mileage 1970 Sedan Deville with the 472. I did much of the formative years of my driving at the helm of that beautiful car.
Today, mom drives an 03' sedan deville and dad is driving an 86 fleetwood brougham d'elegance that he bought last year with 19k original miles from the original owner; who ironically was the seller of his 1970. They sold their 70 to dad when they took delivery of their 86 that dad currently owns.
I have, at 40 years old, caught the Cadillac bug, and I'm now looking for my first.

this is a great sight, I'm really looking forward to chatting with some other enthousiasts about one of the best car lines ever manufactured. I look forward to buying and maintanence tips from all of you.

brandondeleo
11-17-12, 06:19 PM
Very cool, welcome!

Where do you live? I'm in Ellensburg!

vincentm
11-17-12, 07:18 PM
Hi from Richland WA!

Ranger
11-17-12, 08:34 PM
:welcome:

talismandave
11-17-12, 09:48 PM
Wow...a 4100 then a Northstar, and he still bought another Cadillac. That is a true Cadillac man!:lol:

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. You should be able to have some fun and get some info. :welcome5:

orconn
11-17-12, 10:49 PM
Welcome!

pacificnwrider
11-17-12, 11:19 PM
Very cool, welcome!

Where do you live? I'm in Ellensburg!

Small world! I'm in Moses Lake, went to college at Central, grew up in the Wapato Yakima area! lets have coffee!

----------

Wow...a 4100 then a Northstar, and he still bought another Cadillac. That is a true Cadillac man!:lol:

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. You should be able to have some fun and get some info. :welcome5:

The 4100 was a gutless, yet trouble free engine for the folks...the northstars...yes plural...were a horrendous nightmare. Part of the reason I'm looking for a pre-computer vintage cad.[COLOR="Silver"]

I'm really close to Ranger as well, glad to see so many forum guys who are also geographic locals!

brandondeleo
11-17-12, 11:19 PM
Yeah, if we could only find a time when me, you, Cadi509 and vincentm could meet up and it would work for all of us!

I was burned by the Northstar too...