: Rules?

skides1
12-20-04, 07:45 PM
Is it wrong to redirect people to different threads? Is it not my right to draw attention to other posts to discredit useless members? I don't want to be banned.

Elvis
12-20-04, 08:09 PM
Is it wrong to redirect people to different threads?

No.

Is it not my right to draw attention to other posts to discredit useless members?

No.

I don't want to be banned.

Don't feed the trolls.

skides1
12-20-04, 08:31 PM
Ok Elvis,
I am a hot head but check these out:http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27232

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26492

I know I went apeshit but I need to know what my peers think. If I was wrong I will cease and dissist. Plus its funny as hell :rolleyes:

D148L0
12-20-04, 08:44 PM
Is it not my right to draw attention to other posts to discredit useless members?
There is no such thing as a useless member. Some of them are great giving mechanical advice, others are good for all-around tips, some others
provide with sustancial lines of thinking.
And last, bit not least, there are those who remind the rest of
the members how NOT to behave or adress other people.
So be grateful, be sure others (me included) will thank you.

skides1
12-20-04, 08:55 PM
Point taken.

c5 rv
12-20-04, 08:58 PM
I think politely including a thread in your answer is a great way to introduce people to the depth of the forum. Heck, some search functions are funky about how they work or reject short search words. However, directing them to a thread while accusing them that their mother was a canine is probably inappropriate.

Elvis
12-20-04, 09:06 PM
Ok Elvis,
I am a hot head but check these out:http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27232

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26492

I know I went apeshit but I need to know what my peers think. If I was wrong I will cease and dissist. Plus its funny as hell :rolleyes:

Just let it go. Nobody wants to ban anybody around here (as far as I know). Moderators don't sit around like the police waiting for somebody to screw up just so we can lay the smack down on them.

Most of us have seen all of the fights before, and we know when things are about to get out of hand. This is my third winter on this forum, and about my eighth winter on forums like this. When winter comes, people go to their computers. They get cabin fever and it makes them aggressive.

Somebody takes a shot at me about once a year. I don't know who it will be this year, but usually whoever it is only lurks around here for a month or two, then they leave and we never see them again. Some people are just belligerent personalities and they get off by insulting complete strangers on the internet. There's no point in firing back at them.

Really, we'd just like for everyone to have fun around here, be happy, and get along. We don't want to have to actually DO anything. We get more angry at spammers and people trying to steal some free advertising because we want to protect our supporting members' investment.

Just have fun and don't let the small stuff (or people) get to you. :thumbsup:

skides1
12-20-04, 09:17 PM
Point taken. But did you see how the new guy just started throwing blows? I felt a need to put him in his place and if 90% of the old school guys saw his behavior he woulda got not 2 cents but 50 dollars worth. I am calming down now. Thanks

LacSeville
12-20-04, 09:24 PM
It is NOT wrong to redirect ppl to others' posts. I can't even retype some of the stuff bbob posts accuratly! He's the man, (and many others here) and I don't even want to pretend to take take credit for some of the posts great people like he, and others have posted.

Why would you even want to discredit "useless members"? Don't make things YOUR problem. Let people do what they want, but don't "feed the trolls" as Elvis said.

Thanks to all the people that contribute and make this forum great!

elwesso
12-20-04, 09:30 PM
Point taken. But did you see how the new guy just started throwing blows? I felt a need to put him in his place and if 90% of the old school guys saw his behavior he woulda got not 2 cents but 50 dollars worth. I am calming down now. Thanks
It is my job to "put people in their place"

Thank you

skides1
12-20-04, 09:34 PM
Elwesso, so its OK for a very junior member to insult me and other members with no fear of a more senior member telling them whats up?

skides1
12-20-04, 09:47 PM
I will try to get over it but a junior member should be "checked" for insulting others. I realize my pig statement caused all this and assumed most other members would agree. OK so I know some members side with the left and value their opinion after proving they have something to offer besides BS. Then the member attacks others who share my opinion, some of who I value, so I am not suppossed to give my opinion harshly?

Elvis
12-20-04, 10:43 PM
I will try to get over it but a junior member should be "checked" for insulting others. I realize my pig statement caused all this and assumed most other members would agree. OK so I know some members side with the left and value their opinion after proving they have something to offer besides BS. Then the member attacks others who share my opinion, some of who I value, so I am not suppossed to give my opinion harshly?

After a while, you'll figure out a way to rise above it and put the bozos in their place without sinking to their level. You write like someone with high intellect, so just practice holding your breath and counting to ten. It will come to you.

Ralph
12-20-04, 10:53 PM
When I'm cornered and up against a wall, I may try to make strong points WITHOUT insulting personally! That's the most important thing. I use logic as best I can I also try to post links and proof because otherwise it's just your opinion up against someone elses.

If you feel like saying something that may start a fight, walk away from the computer and kiss your wife, or dog, whatever. ;) If you do say it, and you were making a valid point with logic and someone insults you, chances are others may back you up and the situation may cease, or hopefully a mod will lock the thread with explanation. Otherwise you may have to defend yourself hopefully without insulting on a personal level. There are younger and older members and we all have to try to get along, especially right before CHRISTMAS! :D I also try to make these type of strong statements to apply to anyone else who may have a similar thought on the subject, and not single out one person by name.

Here is an example of how you could try to handle someone difficult, and not once did I insult on a personal level, etc. (I think I got the better of him though. :shhh: ) It's also educational. :yup:

Ralph:

"That's YOUR opinion, and I feel that I've proved otherwise EXHAUSTIVELY!

I've posted links and comments from actual owners of those cars, and you cannot get more real than that my friend!

When Cadillac GM starts to actually maintain a "Consumer Warning" website like that "other" then I'll believe you.

Despite the proof I've posted in the likes of JD Power even on this thread, you still cannot or will not (for some strongly biased reason) accept that Cadillac is VERY close to Lexus and the gap IS closing faster than you might think. Is it really that impossible that an American car company can produce a product better than the Japanese, for example? Well guess what! Cadillac already has by beating the likes of Toyota and Lexus is in the same family! Not impossible AT ALL! While we're at it, why don't you go ask BBobynski if Cadillacs will last to 200,000 miles, and get back to us. Why don't you go ask some of the CTS-V owners if they'll ever sell their cars for an Acura, despite an occasional rattle here or glitch there.

There is no point in presenting evidence to someone who is not willing to believe, or even have an open mind about the changes in technology among manufacturers. You're right, I can present MANY links about broken down Toyotas and Lexuses but YOU have admitted you won't believe them! You probably wouldn't even look at them!

Everything mechanical or otherwise WILL breakdown eventually. So to the author of this thread, good luck with whatever you buy, there will always be hardships in life, no matter what you drive."

From "The Car Connection.com"

As Toyota has proliferated new models, especially SUVs like Sequoia and Highlander and the high-tech Prius gas-electric hybrid, and launched a new factory in Indiana, it has been receiving more complaints from consumers than in past years.

While General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler all posted improvements from last year, GM is the only domestic automaker to score above the industry average at 262 problems per 100 vehicles. The industry average improved to 269 problems, versus 273 last year. GM's Buick and Cadillac brands scored better than Toyota-brand vehicles.

Consumers have come to assume that the study shows that Caddy and Buicks are better quality than Toyota. Maybe - but what it really means is that owners of Cadillacs and Buicks had fewer complaints than Toyota owners. Toyota owners, however, are younger than those of Buick and Cadillac tend to be tougher evaluators.

Still, U.S. automakers are improving every year. "The domestics are putting their money where their mouths are in terms of consistent long-term quality improvement," said Ivers.

END

Or I just look at my avatar and I seem to forget what the thread was about. :p

Brett
12-20-04, 11:06 PM
I would ask everyone to relax....lest you wake Sal or Myself :)

skides1
12-20-04, 11:17 PM
Nice Ralph,
You are trying to explain your position using a point I am willing to argue for days but you did it without calling my 99 caddy an "old-azz" ride which I would react to by cutting every post you made down. OK- Then Elvis uses my approach- befriend the person by complimenting a trait to charm the oppostion. Believe me, If the peron in question would have made a single point I could relate to-Like Bob-He schooled me only after I challenged him- therefore, I will listen and support his views regardless of whether or he needs it or I disagree. He has earned my respect on a one on one level. To be honest, I treat all my daily exchanges on the same level. It sound ghetto but Respect is the key to everything as far as I know (Housekeeper to CEO).

skides1
12-20-04, 11:20 PM
Brett,
I hope this is a friendly conversation. Relaxed I am indeed. I am just consulting my peers on something that bothers me.

RBraczyk
12-20-04, 11:22 PM
Just chill out and don't take anything seriously. Ask anyone, if there is anyone to take advice from, its me or a mod. They can tell you my antics here.

skides1
12-20-04, 11:25 PM
Brett bumped the ERR.. Why? RB I have seen you round Your avitar does not do the 2dr Blazer justice.

skides1
12-20-04, 11:27 PM
17 yrs old? you gotta be kidding me. Ha Ha :bouncy:

Ralph
12-20-04, 11:28 PM
you did it without calling my 99 caddy an "old-azz" ride

I would NEVER do that because it would be an insult to myself as well. :)

Besides, I see more grey hair riding in Benz's anyway. ;)

Brett
12-20-04, 11:39 PM
Brett bumped the ERR.. Why?

its still locked, just figured id add my $.02

Brett
12-20-04, 11:41 PM
Brett,
I hope this is a friendly conversation. Relaxed I am indeed. I am just consulting my peers on something that bothers me.

of course this is a friendly conversation. however, my advice of "relax" is usually the best policy on message boards

skides1
12-20-04, 11:48 PM
Brett,
Check this guy out- after 5 hrs of searching he dug up some shit. now I got to backpedal. Its fun to me but a hassle for sure.

skides1
12-20-04, 11:52 PM
Brett,
why did you close that one? there were no bad words on my part- maybe I skimmed past his-?????? Ok I am done consider me learned.

elwesso
12-21-04, 12:09 AM
Listen buddy... I dont want to be an arsehole, but really you dont need ot prove anything.... As far as IM concerned, your both morons, and need to deal with each other or leave.....

skides1
12-21-04, 12:11 AM
Ok

RBraczyk
12-21-04, 12:36 AM
heh, I don't act like a 17 year old most of the time, I'm more mature than my age. Ask Ralph or Elvis, but I can act like an *******, and thats what got me booted the first time. Just don't start shit and we wont' have to end it...

elwesso
12-21-04, 01:01 AM
heh, I don't act like a 17 year old most of the time, I'm more mature than my age. Ask Ralph or Elvis, but I can act like an *******, and thats what got me booted the first time. Just don't start shit and we wont' have to end it...
You have no idea how ironic those words are..... I never thought we'd ever get there..

Deep down RB, your not bad.....

RBraczyk
12-21-04, 06:46 AM

D148L0
12-21-04, 11:39 AM
Deep, deep, deeeeeep down...
Nah, J/K ;)

Elvis
12-21-04, 04:34 PM
I would ask everyone to relax....lest you wake Sal or Myself :)

Rule #1, don't feed the trolls.

Rule #2, don't wake the parents.

skides1
12-21-04, 04:37 PM
Trolls? Parents?

skides1
12-21-04, 04:39 PM
Where can I post a question for an administrator? My e-mail is down with my password. And I can't retrieve it out of Firefox. Wake the Parents? I hope it would have to be PRETTY UGLY. You guys kill me.

Brett
12-21-04, 05:17 PM
feel free to send Sal or I a PM if you have a question