: Considering Color options for the 2013 SRX

algiorda
11-17-12, 09:56 AM
Right now, Cadillac is having a huge sales event where I live.

My question to the group is; "Do you find the BLACK RAVEN" to be too hot in the summer/warm climates?

Is it VERY difficult to keep clean?

I currently have the Radiant Silver and it's very cool in the summer, but dam that Raven Black looks SOOOOO Good especially with Chrome wheels.

Marc NY
11-17-12, 10:29 AM
Since you say there is a huge sales event going on I would believe you must be looking at a "nice" 2012 SRX correct? BTW: I loved my 2012 Black ICE SRX that I had and yes any dark color vehicle will show up the dust and dirt very easlily compared to your beautiful looking silver color that you have now. I do not have any real big issues with dark colors up here in the cooler climate that we have in the western NY state area. We certainly do not have a lot of real "HOT" and sunny weather like you experience in the south.

If you have any indoor parking or some shade to park under I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Black SRX. It all comes down to how much work you want to put into keeping the black raven looking sharp. Remember that every time you wash your SRX you will need to completely wipe down the chrome rims too.

It all boils down to how much time you want to spend on keeping your SRX looking prestine... silver is one color you can get away without wiping it down too much. Sorry I can't help you pick out your new color but the good news is the SRX looks awesome in any color you choose! :D

TheCaptain
11-17-12, 10:51 AM
Yea, algiorda, do you mean '12 or '13, because I'm leaving my '10 for a '13. Though I'm going Platinum Ice Metallic! :D
And I'm up for a good deal, even if it means traveling!

Marc NY
11-17-12, 08:07 PM
Ohhhhh a very nice color choice there Captain... Platinum Iccccceeee! :thumbsup:

SRXgirl2011
11-17-12, 09:36 PM
I have a black raven 2011 SRX with the chrome wheels and it is extremely beautiful. I must say you do have to work hard to keep it clean but it looks GOOD when it is cleaned up! I keep mines in the garage so I don't have to wash it often.

Ponyman
11-17-12, 10:14 PM
Bought a new 13 Premium today in Radiant Silver, and there ARE NOT any deals going for the 13. There is an extra $4000 off the 12, and we considered that, but just had to have a new 13 instead, it's only money isn't it?

algiorda
11-17-12, 10:37 PM
Hi Marc,

Yes, I went and test drove the 2013. I have a deal in hand and I have until Monday to decide. It's Black Raven on Black interior, but it's only a Luxury with Nav. I must save it drives much quieter and it's more powerful.

Here is the Sales Event I went to:

You are cordially invited to attend a special occasion at Ed Morse Cadillac Brandon. It’s Our November Private Sales Event

Many automobile dealerships host year-end sales events. However, each year at Ed Morse Cadillac Brandon, we get a head start in order to ensure the best possible selection by hosting our year-end event just a little earlier during our November Private Sale! During this exclusive event, we will offer 2013 Cadillacs at 2009 prices* and will recap ALL of this year’s significant offers and make them available to our invitees.

Our professional staff will inspect your current vehicle and offer you maximum value while you enjoy wine and assorted cheeses and browse our elegant setting of the latest Cadillac lineup, including our finest pre-owned vehicles.

GM Preferred Pricing**
0% APR for up to 60 months+
Up to $10,000 in discounts/incentives~
100% of Base N.A.D.A Manufactured Retail Selling
Price of Trade-in when new^
No Payments for 90 days***
Lease a New 2013 Cadillac for only $299 per month with $0 Down!~~
Payment Hold Offer – Keep Your Current Monthly Payment++
2013 Cadillac at 2009 Prices*
No Money Down+++

This exclusive event starts on November 15th and concludes on the 30th of November. We will reward you with a $25 American Express Gift Card just for visiting and taking part in our introductory process.^^ Due to the Special Invitation Only nature of this Private Offer, appointments are recommended.[COLOR="Silver"]

-

Marc NY
11-18-12, 10:03 AM
Sounds to me like a great price indeed!

BTW: If a GM Supplier for Friends can help you sweeten your deal any just let me know... :)

TheCaptain
11-18-12, 10:36 AM
I would love that for myself Marc. But according to some other people, Canadians don't get any discounts...

Marc NY
11-18-12, 12:02 PM
I would love that for myself Marc. But according to some other people, Canadians don't get any discounts...Double check on that on Monday Captain and let me know. It is bad enough our Canadian friends have to pay $$$$$$K more for the exact same vehicle in Canada than we do here in the States and are not allowed to use our GM Supplier for Friends discounts too. :(

Perhaps one of our Canadian members on our website who works for GM in Canada can answer that question?

TheCaptain
11-18-12, 12:15 PM
I'll have to.

I know though eh, the exact same model I want in Canada is $65 000, and $55 000 just 2.5 hours south of me across the border... :banghead:

zinner
11-18-12, 10:15 PM
I had black raven on my CTS-V it's very hard to keep clean and requires a lot of work to keep the fine scratches out of the clear coat. It gets very hot in the summer, but I don't think it affects the in cabin temp, at least that I could notice. I think the interior color has the most affect there.

It does look very sharp, but it's a mono color with no metallic or glitter to distract the eye so it's very hard to keep it looking as good as the first day off the lot.

Marc NY
11-19-12, 10:35 AM
I personally like the "Black Ice" because it has a lot of metallic in it. Metallic colors hide the fine scratches better than any non metallic paint does as zinner above mentioned. The down side to Black Ice metallic is that some people may think it doesn't look as dark/ bright or as clean looking as the Raven Black does. It is because to some the black metallic appears to look a bit dirty or off color. Side by side Black Raven will appear slightly darker and a bit brighter than Black Ice will - but both colors to me are very beautiful looking!

Black SRX Perf
11-20-12, 08:02 AM
I have a 2010 Black Raven with shale/ebony interior and chrometech wheels. I live in Phoenix. VERY hot in summer. Very hard to keep clean in a dusty environment. Looks great right after washing. It is my first and last black car. Other than that, I love the car.

GMJim
11-20-12, 08:43 AM
I would love that for myself Marc. But according to some other people, Canadians don't get any discounts...

True that Captain. I got a discount for a friend to the north, and I got a call from the dealership telling me that after the sale, the found out the discount is not applicable in Canada. Sounds like that had to eat a couple grand. They were none to happy.

TheCaptain
11-21-12, 07:25 AM
It's alright Jim, I found out I can use the GM Supplier and friends discount! (And GM Supplier discount if that's different...)

NJRonbo
11-27-12, 06:45 AM
My 2010 SRX was crystal red and yesterday, as I sat in the dealership building my 2013, I originally went with Flannel Grey with ebony interior.

....then I thought about it....

I always loved my crystal red SRX. The problem in 2010 is that I had to take dealer inventory and get the red with light colored interior. I wanted ebony black.

So, this time I went with Crystal Red again but with the ebony black interior I always wanted. It has to be shipped from another location, but I can wait for the car I always wanted.

I thought Crystal Red with Ebony Black Interior would be a striking combination.

Anyone think that Crystal Red is not an optimal color to go with?

Marc NY
11-27-12, 09:20 AM
I think Crystal Red is a beautiful color! :thumbsup:

I also like light color interiors a lot but my problem is that I hate to try to keep those light colors looking well... prestine clean. LOL That is why I usually will stick with a safe and nice colors like Ebony or Black interiors. :)