: 04 EXT 110K Miles and still going...

zapconj
11-16-12, 11:53 PM
I just wanted to share how much i still love my EXT. I purchased my 04 in early April of this year with about 95K miles on it. I picked up the Carchex Aftermarket "bumper to bumper" warranty for it since i knew things were going to start wearing and breaking on it due to age and milage. About a month and a half after i bought the truck I had a few things that needed to be fixed on it, Front Hubs (Traction control sensors and ABS sensors were failing) as well as the ride control system was failing, it needed a new compressor and the navigation system was not working properly. I Paid my $100 deductible and The Caddy Dealer fixed the truck with Factory GM parts!

More recently, over the past 2 months i have noticed a few things going bad here and there but nothing that really made me want to take it in for repairs until this week. I brought the EXT over to the caddy dealer, gave them my Carchex info and a list of things that were "broken" on the truck. Afer 2 days i get the call from the dealer and they tell me that My Front Diff needs to be rebuilt or replaced, Both front window Regulators need to be replaced and the Power Steering pump needs to be replaced. They then told me they talked to Carchex and all of the repairs are covered under my warranty and my truck will be ready on the 16th!

I picked up my truck today from the dealer, Paid my $100 deductible and drove away.... the truck runs great! the front end noise is gone, my steering is smoother and no noise and my windows are smooth and fast now ( i have to get use to it, lol)

I just love this truck. I have about 30K left on this warranty after that i will pick up the extended Power train plus. The warranty cost me about $2400+/- and i was able to break it up in to payments, I've already gotten my moneys worth so far with the warranty and with the next round this truck should last a very long time.

Anyway, i just wanted to share my experience. Loving this truck!

----------

oh yeah, i also had a check engine light on that ended up being a bad gas cap, that wasn't covered so i just picked one up and POOF! Engine light off!

the cadillac man
11-17-12, 12:24 AM
I just wanted to share how much i still love my EXT. I purchased my 04 in early April of this year with about 95K miles on it. I picked up the Carchex Aftermarket "bumper to bumper" warranty for it since i knew things were going to start wearing and breaking on it due to age and milage. About a month and a half after i bought the truck I had a few things that needed to be fixed on it, Front Hubs (Traction control sensors and ABS sensors were failing) as well as the ride control system was failing, it needed a new compressor and the navigation system was not working properly. I Paid my $100 deductible and The Caddy Dealer fixed the truck with Factory GM parts!

More recently, over the past 2 months i have noticed a few things going bad here and there but nothing that really made me want to take it in for repairs until this week. I brought the EXT over to the caddy dealer, gave them my Carchex info and a list of things that were "broken" on the truck. Afer 2 days i get the call from the dealer and they tell me that My Front Diff needs to be rebuilt or replaced, Both front window Regulators need to be replaced and the Power Steering pump needs to be replaced. They then told me they talked to Carchex and all of the repairs are covered under my warranty and my truck will be ready on the 16th!

I picked up my truck today from the dealer, Paid my $100 deductible and drove away.... the truck runs great! the front end noise is gone, my steering is smoother and no noise and my windows are smooth and fast now ( i have to get use to it, lol)

I just love this truck. I have about 30K left on this warranty after that i will pick up the extended Power train plus. The warranty cost me about $2400+/- and i was able to break it up in to payments, I've already gotten my moneys worth so far with the warranty and with the next round this truck should last a very long time.

Anyway, i just wanted to share my experience. Loving this truck!

----------

oh yeah, i also had a check engine light on that ended up being a bad gas cap, that wasn't covered so i just picked one up and POOF! Engine light off!

I hope you have many years and miles of trouble free service from your truck and getting the warranty was a wise decision

Ps I have over 150,000 miles on my 03 and its still giving great service but I have to get the rear shocks and compressor replaced due to age

I also had to replace the gas cap(I got a locking cap)

jnrsesv
11-17-12, 07:17 AM
Thats awesome zap, thanks for sharing.

I will be coming up on 2 years of ownership and I feel the same way, although I do all my own wrenching.

the cadillac man
11-17-12, 11:42 AM
Thats awesome zap, thanks for sharing.

I will be coming up on 2 years of ownership and I feel the same way, although I do all my own wrenching.

I am the same way and what I can't do I get done at my local dealer.

zapconj
11-19-12, 02:30 PM
Thanks Guys, I can do some basic work on the truck but i am by no means a mechanic. electrical stuff and 12volt problems are a breeze, i use to own a Stereo/customizing shop. Since i have the warranty i figured might as well use it. Covers parts and labor!

Here's my girl