: is a Bajaj legal to drive on the roads in the USA

CadillacCastle
11-16-12, 03:13 AM
I had the most fun riding in the Bajaj in Jakarta Indonesia in April. I would like to buy one. I had to use public transportation most of the time there for 1 month. I rode in the Angkots mostly in Bandung but were too small for me. I am only 6' 1" but the Angkots are for 5 ft tall people. There are zero traffic laws. Anything goes on the road.

CadillacCastle
11-17-12, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=EqFIFpDd1EM&NR=1 This is a 3 wheel Bajaj in Jakarta. The orange ones are 2 cycle engines that are faster and louder. The blue Bajaj are 4 cycle engines and much quieter. They are much mre comfortable than the Angkots (mini vans). The Bajaj get through traffic faster than a taxi (taksi there). There are no driving laws there and no DWI laws. A drivers license is 7 dollars but takes weeks but if you pay 40 dollars you get a drivers license in 2 hours, no written or driving test. No one has auto insurance there so everyone watches out for theirselves. If someone causes you to wreck your car don't expect someone else to pay to fix it. Bajaj are really fun to ride on in and out of traffic for 1 dollar for 2 people. I will be glad to visit there again and go to Bali this time.

The-Dullahan
11-18-12, 12:32 AM
I have never heard of one being registered in the U.S.A. but they DO exist here. It may depend on your state as to "legal" it would ever be for highway use.

Florida, as an example, lets you drive essentially anything you like, so long as you put lights on it and it can hit 35 MPH.