: What's Caddy gettig for Christmas?

97EldETC
11-16-12, 12:44 AM
If I still had my 97 Eldorado, she would be getting a wreath soon and a nice waxing. But since I don't have it, the 08 Outlook and the 01 Lesabre got a wreath today; the F350, Escape, IS350, and S2000 don't get anything (because that would look weird lol). What's your baby getting?

MattHatlee
11-16-12, 09:26 AM
She's getting a new set of snow tires, and a trip to the local auto-body shop to get all her cosmetic imperfections fixed.

truckinman
11-16-12, 09:33 AM
A tank of gas. To go to the future in-laws and my folks for Christmas.

cadillac kevin
11-16-12, 10:03 AM
An exhaust system so I can drive it...once spring come around.

EcSTSatic
11-16-12, 10:57 AM
Got a fresh wax job for the season. Isadora, as my wife likes to call the STS will be getting new electronic front struts.

Submariner409
11-16-12, 11:32 AM
A warm winter's nap. The two trucks are the winter workhorses - the car has not seen snow, or even rain, for 3 years.

drewsdeville
11-16-12, 11:55 AM
Another 12k of service on it's odometer. It's the gift that keeps giving all year long!

The-Dullahan
11-16-12, 12:09 PM
Oh, I have a wreath for my Cadillac as well. the Pontiac is getting an oil change soon and may haps, via Christmas Miracle, I can acquire motor mounts for the Cadillac's Engine-To-Be an move forward on that project.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-16-12, 12:18 PM
The Marauder is getting a car cover and a 5.5 month nap.

The LeSabre? Who knows.

cadillac kevin
11-16-12, 12:21 PM
The Marauder is getting a car cover and a 5.5 month nap.

The LeSabre? Who knows.

A wonderful salt bath :sneaky:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-16-12, 12:26 PM
Hey! Some people pay a lot for a salt bath! The LeSabre gets it for free!

brandondeleo
11-16-12, 12:27 PM
Lolsalt

Stingroo
11-16-12, 12:39 PM
Wagon is getting new window tint.

Probably next week. Early gift.

CadillacLuke24
11-16-12, 01:49 PM
Well, her birthday's a week before that. Maybe a tank of 91 and Techron :D

vincentm
11-16-12, 03:20 PM
Hopefully a new trunk motor and front suspension..my axle seal is leaking and it's creaking louder.

CadillacLuke24
11-16-12, 03:45 PM
I don't so much get my car stuff for Xmas as it's a year round free for all whenever I can afford it :D

The-Dullahan
11-16-12, 09:10 PM
I don't actively get gifts for my cars for Decemberween. Just whenever I feel like it.

Maybe a new playmate.

On the subject of Decemberween, Luke and Sting still need to fight to the death for that scale Jeff Gordon car I have. It's sittng in one of the attics and has been since I saved it for one of you, but you two have not killed one another yet. Maybe I can cut it down the centre.

talismandave
11-16-12, 11:13 PM
I don't actively get gifts for my cars for Decemberween. Just whenever I feel like it.

Maybe a new playmate.

On the subject of Decemberween, Luke and Sting still need to fight to the death for that scale Jeff Gordon car I have. It's sittng in one of the attics and has been since I saved it for one of you, but you two have not killed one another yet. Maybe I can cut it down the centre.

May I suggest a game of chicken...Impala wagon vs. Sedan DeVille?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-17-12, 12:11 AM
Found out today that the Marauder is so rare (less than 500 ever built in that color) that I can technically get collector plates on it. A Minnesota statute says that to get collector plates, a car has to be atleast 20 years old OR be 10 years old with less than 500 made from the factory.

Maybe I'll treat myself to some nice plates come spring. I plan on taking it out of storage before April 13th (the day I bought it) and my birthday is the 15th....maybe I'll buy them as a birthday present. :)

talismandave
11-17-12, 12:16 AM
Great news and kudos to MN for an enlightened registration policy!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-17-12, 12:17 AM
I think we can thank Jesse "The Mind" Ventura for that statute!

talismandave
11-17-12, 12:18 AM
....um...OK...?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-17-12, 12:27 AM
Remember, our governor from 1996 to 2000? He really eased up a lot on the transportation side of things.

CadillacLuke24
11-17-12, 12:56 AM

Chicken would never work. The thought of it sends shivers down my spine. If I could actually get an Xbox, a Forza race would be in order. Perhaps a Jeff Gordon trivia contest?

What does that Jeff Gordon car look like anyway?

talismandave
11-17-12, 01:47 AM
Remember, our governor from 1996 to 2000? He really eased up a lot on the transportation side of things.

I remember...just like to get Minnesotans to admit it!:lol:

Just kidding, always kind of liked his style of politics, not surprised he would come up with that kind of common sense idea...also Happy B day!

The-Dullahan
11-17-12, 01:59 AM
Like this one that's on Ebay right now. I believe it is identical, but with a different box. I used Google to find the snapshot, but interestingly, cannot find another 1996 Edition with the same box as the one I have acquired.

http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/item/109/227/613/sgCnq0ki3wIXXaK.jpg

----------

Winning at Chicken just takes a stronger nerve. Naturally, I will never lose a game of chicken.

Nah, if it had to be a car vs car thing, they would have to each build and arm a vehicle of their own design and compete against one another in battle. Preferably, an isolated snowy plain, but the middle of the desert or an abandoned urban area would suffice, if necessary.

CadillacLuke24
11-17-12, 03:57 AM
Yup I want it.

Chicken means building our own cars? In that case I'd win.

Stingroo
11-17-12, 02:04 PM
Pfft, Luke.

No.

CadillacLuke24
11-17-12, 06:00 PM
Pfffft, Ray.

YES.

The-Dullahan
11-17-12, 07:23 PM
Not chicken, Luke. Battle. Merely building a "car" and playing a game of chicken would never be enough to take Sting on the field of honour.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/original/vehicles/postapoccar.jpg

Better grab yourself a tig welder and some dynamite.

brandondeleo
11-17-12, 08:16 PM
Oh look, another half-done rusty piece of shit... Typical of your taste.

brandondeleo
11-17-12, 09:45 PM
I kid... Kind of.

Quite intimidating, though.

The-Dullahan
11-17-12, 11:03 PM
Looking over my collection, I am afraid I am unable to think of any vehicle, car or otherwise that I own that could be described as half-done or rusty.

I mean, I guess the Pontiac was rusty once and I guess the Cadillac does not have it's engine swap done yet, but being out-of-state will do that. However, considering it runs -flawlessly- and has no mechanical problems I can think of addressing, I can't really see where you're going with that.

Instead, I see a project that will move forward once I have the free time, but for now, makes an excellent and comfortable Daily Driver (Cadillac), another car that is slightly better-than-factory, but was once a rusted shell with flaking yellow paint prior to an entire tear-down and rebuild and fresh paint, which was barely two years ago (Pontiac), another that was babied for the last ten years which has gone (performance-wise) far from factory specifications (My Father's Chevrolet), two fleet vehicles which may as well both be new, because one is just-about-new and the other has proven indestructible (The two Fords), my work truck, which looks far better than is to be expected of something of it's age (let's see your car at 680k Miles without regular maintenance for most of that time) and shows no signs of rust and was completely disassembled and repainted less than four years ago (Superliner) and lastly, my bike, which may as well be in stasis, as I so rarely have the time to touch it anymore and has always been rust-free, so dusty as it may be, all the chrome and paint is utterly fantastic and it would polish up superbly if I actually had the time to stop in and do that (The Triumph).

Just because I don't drive them all daily doesn't mean there is anything wrong with any of them. Sounding a tad jealous there, Brandon. :confused:

How's that Sebring coming along? Hell, it never took me that long to swap the seats in something.

brandondeleo
11-17-12, 11:30 PM
Yeah, supremely jealous of an ugly creep with an unimpressive collection...

The-Dullahan
11-18-12, 12:12 AM
Actually, I meant you were jealous that Luke/Sting will be getting little Diecast cars for Decemberween and you won't. Besides, my collection is not meant to be impressive. It's mean to be practical, functional and handle my business properly.

But...if you'd really like to compare your cars to mine, you're more than welcome. Please, go ahead and come up with some sort of contest for the both of us to compete in. Your cars against mine. While we're at it, would you care to place a bet? I'll happily oblige you in any contest you can come up with, aside from something silly like "having a convertible" as I don't actually have one. Race, game of Chicken, Demo Derby, or whatever else can think up. Come up with something and a [reasonable] wager. No low balling. I will gladly PAY to have you and your jalopy transported out to Nevada and we can compete there, if you like.

As per car, it sort of just comes down to personal taste. You like your car;
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr163/1954saltydog/IMG_0731.jpg?t=1262243652
(random Google Image Search photo. Not sure of what colour/year your car actually is)

I like mine;
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/The-Dullahan/g1.jpg

But, since we can't judge our cars that way, as we'll each cast a ballot toward our own, please come up with a competition.

On a side note, it's sort of cute that you brand me as "Ugly". Didn't know my personal appearance was that relevant to you, child. Especially since I don't think I've ever seen what you look like and we certainly haven't met. Not sure where you get all this [usually incorrect] information about me, but it makes me wonder who the real "creep" is.

brandondeleo
11-18-12, 12:16 AM
Oh look, someone's compensating for something!

Go try to compare cocks with someone else, douchebucket.

The-Dullahan
11-18-12, 12:25 AM
Whoops, that was a broken Chrysler.

Here's another.
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200611/2006-chrysler-sebring-3_600x0w.jpg

brandondeleo
11-18-12, 12:27 AM
Yep, just like the one I almost died in.

Aron9000
11-18-12, 12:53 AM
Brandon vs Chamus, caught on film . . .

http://i.imgur.com/ecM9Y.gif

brandondeleo
11-18-12, 01:01 AM
Brandon vs Chamus, caught on film . . .

http://i.imgur.com/ecM9Y.gif
Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard. :histeric:

The-Dullahan
11-18-12, 01:10 AM
Skinny little West-Coast pansy like that? He only exists so my fingers can crush him.

Quite frankly, if it came down to it, I'd snap his neck in three seconds. Maybe two.
Toys are most beautiful...right before they're broken.

That being said. Luke, Sting...

Rock-Paper-Scissors or something.

brandondeleo
11-18-12, 01:15 AM
LOLOL YOU of all people used the word skinny? You look like the crypt keeper.

Then again, that might be a compliment for your mentally damaged ass...

----------

I really should have started to ignore you a while ago, but it's too much fun to incite your demented rants...

The-Dullahan
11-18-12, 01:33 AM
Remind me again what you do for a living...besides entertaining me, that is.

Because if you had the potential to even have a glimmer of HOPE against me in a fight, you sure as hell wouldn't still be at Walmart/Starbucks/Office Max/Generic Franchise.

In fact, I'd hire you myself if you could convince me that you did.

And what happened to comparing cars? Not laying down money on it? Come now, I have been more than sporting.

----------

Yep, just like the one I almost died in.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/freddie-mercury-so-close-pose1.jpg
Cripes, it even failed at that.

ryannel2003
11-18-12, 01:51 AM
Wow guys, really? Seems like all of the threads I visit lately consist of you two arguing over something. It's REALLY not that serious.

Anyways, the E46 will be receiving all new Bilstein Touring shocks/struts and all of the associated mounts/gaskets, etc. I was going to get a new set of wheels but the suspension is in pretty poor shape and since I've already spent quite a bit of money restoring the car back to it's former glory, a new suspension is the least I can do.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-18-12, 01:54 AM
Yeah, no shit you two. Getting real sick of seeing you two constantly bitch & argue.

The-Dullahan
11-18-12, 03:23 AM
Yeah, no shit you two. Getting real sick of seeing you two constantly bitch & argue.

He started it.

cadillac kevin
11-18-12, 10:58 AM
He started it.

And you keep responding
See how that works?

thebigjimsho
11-18-12, 06:44 PM
Wow guys, really? Seems like all of the threads I visit lately consist of you two arguing over something. It's REALLY not that serious.

Anyways, the E46 will be receiving all new Bilstein Touring shocks/struts and all of the associated mounts/gaskets, etc. I was going to get a new set of wheels but the suspension is in pretty poor shape and since I've already spent quite a bit of money restoring the car back to it's former glory, a new suspension is the least I can do.

Your E46 sucks. My V would crush it and eat gary88's craptastic Bimmer for dessert.

Hay, this is fun!

vincentm
11-18-12, 07:05 PM

They need a room

CadillacLuke24
11-18-12, 07:52 PM
I bet I could use my DeVille to get a Senior discount at the McD's drive thru! HA!

ryannel2003
11-19-12, 12:52 AM
Your E46 sucks. My V would crush it and eat gary88's craptastic Bimmer for dessert.

Hay, this is fun!

Your V is nothing but a Corvette in drag! It's interior is plasticky and unrefined... Much like a Sebring :sneaky:

Haha this is fun.

gary88
11-19-12, 01:01 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2728/4127206884_a292b73244.jpg

CadillacLuke24
11-19-12, 01:30 AM
:histeric:

CF is epic.

:histeric:

The-Dullahan
11-19-12, 02:06 AM
Not to sound mean, but I have owned two V's and was never impressed by either interior. Compared to modern cars it was phenomenal though and I would take it over the German cars I have driven. I actually really liked some of the unusual, quirky thing about them.

However, it's just not the type of interior I would associate with a "Luxury" car or a "Muscle" car. I think I was just born into the wrong time period.

Still, I wouldn't go so far as to compare it to a Sebring.

ryannel2003
11-19-12, 02:18 AM
Not to sound mean, but I have owned two V's and was never impressed by either interior. Compared to modern cars it was phenomenal though and I would take it over the German cars I have driven. I actually really liked some of the unusual, quirky thing about them.

However, it's just not the type of interior I would associate with a "Luxury" car or a "Muscle" car. I think I was just born into the wrong time period.

Oh I was being sarcastic. I love the V's interiors.

The-Dullahan
11-19-12, 03:41 AM
Oh, whoops.

Still, like I said;

So far as modern interior design goes, I like it a lot. Once drove a regular CTS as well (though only a mere 700 miles) and I enjoyed it as well, especially over the alternative I had to compare it to...

thebigjimsho
11-19-12, 07:58 AM
I never thought of my V1's interior as unattractive. It looked decent in black and was very good ergonomically.

The V2 is a whole different league.

ryannel2003
11-19-12, 01:22 PM
I agree. The materials in the V1 weren't very good, though.

CadillacLuke24
11-19-12, 01:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCy8MpT45gk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu_wXpCMADU

Cadillac Kid03
11-23-12, 05:28 PM
A oil change and some Cadillac pillows for the back seat.

ben.gators
11-25-12, 01:08 AM
I was going to buy her nothing, but she blew the radiator up, so she gets a new radiator! |:

Cadillac Kid03
11-25-12, 02:16 AM
I'm looking at some Cadillac pillows for the back seats and a oil change :thumbsup: The Z28 is getting lights, painted trim and some other nick nacks.

The-Dullahan
11-25-12, 02:56 AM
The Cadillac may be getting four new 100ah Batteries.