Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2010 Escalade Recall?

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Poncherello 
#1 ·
Howdy all -
Logged into my Onstar account today and there is a message that says RECALL NOTICE with a red icon...but I can't click on it.
Is anyone aware of a recall on the 2010 Escalade's or see this message in their Onstar account?

Thanks!

----------

So i'm getting somewhere.
Even though that RECALL NOTICE isn't clickable, after 10 minutes or so of messing around on the Onstar website I was able to find this. You'd think it would be easier...

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi ELUSIVE,

If you don't mind sending me the last eight of your VIN via private message, I can investigate further for you! Please contact me whenever it's convenient for you and I can search for any existing recalls on your specific Cadillac; while I'm not on duty this weekend, I'll be sure to check my messages when I get to the office Monday morning at 8am EST.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

#3 ·
in trucks with the active fuel management (cylinder deactivation) there is a vibration (when AFM is active) that has been found to crack the transmission dipstick tube often enough to prompt the recall

dealers are to check for a crack and replace the tube if cracked (with the updated) or just perform the update if no crack is found

the update is a foam sleeve around the tube to dampen the vibrations and prevent the cracking

#4 ·
RippyPartsDept said:
in trucks with the active fuel management (cylinder deactivation) there is a vibration (when AFM is active) that has been found to crack the transmission dipstick tube often enough to prompt the recall

dealers are to check for a crack and replace the tube if cracked (with the updated) or just perform the update if no crack is found

the update is a foam sleeve around the tube to dampen the vibrations and prevent the cracking
Rippy Is that just 2010 models or any year with active fuel management ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.