: No contacts in CUE from Droid

eflowus
11-15-12, 05:57 PM
Why does my Cue not recognize my contacts - 2013 XTS

stlxts
11-15-12, 07:01 PM
See previous threads
Does you not see on the cue or does it not recognize when voice call. Mine always recognize contacts. Make sure you merge and share all contacts on phone and pair completely, allow cue to access phonebook

ra0007
11-16-12, 11:24 AM
Had same problem. First, unpair your phone. As I recall, hit phone icon, then lower right of screen you should be able to bring up paired items. One will be Droid. There will be a minus sign, hit it and phone will unpair. (Minus sign was not available until car was shut off, door opened and closed and started again, I guess it needs rebooting). When you "pair", make sure your phone is in discover mode, hit pair on Cue. An automatic pair code will come up on CUE and phone. Hit pair on both. Then, watch PHONE and a message will come up which says something like: CUE want data from phone, is this OK? You MUST hit that right away. I didn't notice it until I'd repaired several times and it disappears and contacts don't get transfered.

That should solve your problem, at least for a while. It seems that when firmware is automatically updated in phone, it sometimes requires repairing to be able to use voice recognition to call name tags. The contacts will still be availabe on CUE never the less.

codeman71
01-02-13, 03:11 PM
Yeah on the earlier Droid models it is tricky to get your phone contacts over because the phone asks you for permission before transferring the contacts over. On my Droid 3, after I pair, there is a little icon that shows up along the top of the screen. I swipe down on the screen to display the notifications, then select the Bluetooth one. Then a popup is shown asking if I would like to allow permission. Check the Always Allow button and say Allow and then it should transfer the contacts.

If you need to pair your phone again, open the phone application by tapping the phone icon. Then tap the Phones icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Then if your phone is currently connected, tap the x button next to it to disconnect the phone. Then it will let you delete it by pressing the - button next to it. Once it's deleted you can tap the Pair Device button on the right side of the screen to start pairing. Search for Cadillac CUE on your phone, select it, then look for that Bluetooth notification on your phone to authorize the phonebook transfer.

Hopefully that helps!