: So I Hooked up the Supercharger!!!

Jophusp
11-14-12, 08:08 PM
I went out today, got a belt, and hooked up the coolcharger supercharger in my XS-500. Holy Crap! The power is awesome, I was impressed with the power from the bone stock motor, but I am addicted now, I do not want to lose it! Problem is, without a tensioner, or any way to pivot the supercharger, I could not get the right size belt on, so the belt is alittle loose, and at hard throttle it slips. its also still making a fairly loud grinding sound. will try to take a vid tomorrow and post so you all can hear it. Anyone else out there with this system? How do you get the belt on there?

Thanks guys

the cadillac man
11-14-12, 08:33 PM
I went out today, got a belt, and hooked up the coolcharger supercharger in my XS-500. Holy Crap! The power is awesome, I was impressed with the power from the bone stock motor, but I am addicted now, I do not want to lose it! Problem is, without a tensioner, or any way to pivot the supercharger, I could not get the right size belt on, so the belt is alittle loose, and at hard throttle it slips. its also still making a fairly loud grinding sound. will try to take a vid tomorrow and post so you all can hear it. Anyone else out there with this system? How do you get the belt on there?

Thanks guys

Go with a bit smaller belt also check the tensioner as they can get weak from age and wear

Jophusp
11-14-12, 10:31 PM
Go with a bit smaller belt also check the tensioner as they can get weak from age and wear

There is no belt tensioner on there. I heard they do not have one on this system, but does not make much sense to me. there is a bolt hole in a bracket on the top of the charger that looks like it had been used before, but is now empty. I need to see another of these systems so I know how it is supposed to be set up.

the cadillac man
11-14-12, 11:30 PM
There is no belt tensioner on there. I heard they do not have one on this system, but does not make much sense to me. there is a bolt hole in a bracket on the top of the charger that looks like it had been used before, but is now empty. I need to see another of these systems so I know how it is supposed to be set up.

I would ask a dealer to see what they say as this is a factory option there is a tensioner for the ac belt and the main drive belt and if there is holes on the charger then it should have one (maybe the previous owner removed it when they changed the belt with a smaller one such as the stock standard belt like one for a non super charged escalade

flyingdutchman
11-15-12, 11:07 AM
The CoolCharger™ supercharger system is available for all full-size Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC SUVs and pickups as well as the Hummer H2. The CoolCharger™ boosts horsepower between 50-55% and raises torque between 40-44 %. In addition to great power increases, the CoolCharger™ systems are 100% maintenance-free and, when installed by an authorized dealer, come complete with a supplemental warranty that “mirrors” the factory coverage. Our CoolCharger™ supercharger system features a CNC- machined A-356 aerospace aluminum housing, laser-cut powder-coated brackets, high-flow matched fuel injectors, roto-molded ducts, all the hardware necessary to install and a proprietary programmed PCM. The installation is truly a bolt-on! Additional features that demonstrate the specialty and uniqueness of the CoolCharger™ systems include:

Most automotive/SUV and marine superchargers currently on the market require a connection to the engine oiling system or their own oil supply to lubricate the bearings and internal gear drive system, thus there is chance that a supercharger bearing failure could contaminate the engine oil which can cause an engine failure.
• The CoolCharger™ is lube free! It utilizes aerospace ceramic bearings that require no oil.
• Its internal gearing is driven by a “cog belt” vs. the oil dependent gear-to-gear drive system used by competitive manufacturers.
• Gear drive superchargers produce a high-pitched gear whine, which many people consider objectionable, while the Coolcharger™ system is virtually noise free.
• The unique CoolCharger™ independent drive belt system assures the ability of returning home without calling a tow truck in the case of a belt or supercharger failure.

• Most superchargers require an intercooler to cool the incoming air before it is sent into the engine. The CoolCharger™’s unique scroll and impeller design and the absence of 250 degree lubricating oil temperatures result in only a minimal increase in air temperature, thus no intercooler is required.
• Most supercharger manufacturers require you to make extensive modifications to a vehicle’s fuel system and/or install supplemental electronics to help their supercharger fool or trick a vehicle’s computerized engine management system.
• The CoolCharger™ system comes complete with properly sized replacement fuel injectors. A Proprietary Programmed (exchange) PCM (Power Control Module) re-maps the air-fuel ratios, ignition advance curve and transmission shift points to meet the very unique requirements of a supercharged engine. Some competitors utilize “download units” to install generic PCM re-calibrations, some install an interface box designed to “fool” the PCM, some tell customers that the PCM will self-adapt to the supercharger. None provides customers with the vehicle specific “OEM Level programming” that is the heart of the CoolCharger™ system!
For more information, please email us at: info@dyno-proven.com or call 1 (888) 781-6968.

Authorized Dealers http://web.archive.org/web/20031211033342/http://www.dyno-proven.com/dealers.htm

the cadillac man
11-15-12, 11:32 AM
The CoolCharger™ supercharger system is available for all full-size Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC SUVs and pickups as well as the Hummer H2. The CoolCharger™ boosts horsepower between 50-55% and raises torque between 40-44 %. In addition to great power increases, the CoolCharger™ systems are 100% maintenance-free and, when installed by an authorized dealer, come complete with a supplemental warranty that “mirrors” the factory coverage. Our CoolCharger™ supercharger system features a CNC- machined A-356 aerospace aluminum housing, laser-cut powder-coated brackets, high-flow matched fuel injectors, roto-molded ducts, all the hardware necessary to install and a proprietary programmed PCM. The installation is truly a bolt-on! Additional features that demonstrate the specialty and uniqueness of the CoolCharger™ systems include:

•
Most automotive/SUV and marine superchargers currently on the market require a connection to the engine oiling system or their own oil supply to lubricate the bearings and internal gear drive system, thus there is chance that a supercharger bearing failure could contaminate the engine oil which can cause an engine failure.
• The CoolCharger™ is lube free! It utilizes aerospace ceramic bearings that require no oil.
• Its internal gearing is driven by a “cog belt” vs. the oil dependent gear-to-gear drive system used by competitive manufacturers.
• Gear drive superchargers produce a high-pitched gear whine, which many people consider objectionable, while the Coolcharger™ system is virtually noise free.
• The unique CoolCharger™ independent drive belt system assures the ability of returning home without calling a tow truck in the case of a belt or supercharger failure.

• Most superchargers require an intercooler to cool the incoming air before it is sent into the engine. The CoolCharger™’s unique scroll and impeller design and the absence of 250 degree lubricating oil temperatures result in only a minimal increase in air temperature, thus no intercooler is required.
• Most supercharger manufacturers require you to make extensive modifications to a vehicle’s fuel system and/or install supplemental electronics to help their supercharger fool or trick a vehicle’s computerized engine management system.
• The CoolCharger™ system comes complete with properly sized replacement fuel injectors. A Proprietary Programmed (exchange) PCM (Power Control Module) re-maps the air-fuel ratios, ignition advance curve and transmission shift points to meet the very unique requirements of a supercharged engine. Some competitors utilize “download units” to install generic PCM re-calibrations, some install an interface box designed to “fool” the PCM, some tell customers that the PCM will self-adapt to the supercharger. None provides customers with the vehicle specific “OEM Level programming” that is the heart of the CoolCharger™ system!
For more information, please email us at: info@dyno-proven.com or call 1 (888) 781-6968.

Authorized Dealers http://web.archive.org/web/20031211033342/http://www.dyno-proven.com/dealers.htm

Holy crap I am hooked I may get one sometime soon what's the price???

ROCKETW19
11-15-12, 02:35 PM
Holy crap I am hooked I may get one sometime soon what's the price???

also look into Magnuson Magna charger (spelling?). I had one on my hummer and now have one on my 02 EXT. they are the best chargers out there from my research cost was under 7k installed but not exactly sure as it was alomg time ago on my hummer and the EXT came with it.
HP ad TQ were the higest yet no one ever reported a problem breaking anything ect.

the cadillac man
11-15-12, 02:46 PM
also look into Magnuson Magna charger (spelling?). I had one on my hummer and now have one on my 02 EXT. they are the best chargers out there from my research cost was under 7k installed but not exactly sure as it was alomg time ago on my hummer and the EXT came with it.
HP ad TQ were the higest yet no one ever reported a problem breaking anything ect.

Ok I will look into but I like the bolt on setup just will have to see which I like better(still going to wait till I get the truck paid off)

Jophusp
11-15-12, 04:11 PM
There is one BIG problem with the Coolcharger by DPPI, (makers of the XS-500) They went out of business. So no one wants to touch them. I am having a hell of a time just trying to find out if there is supposed to be a tensioner on the belt for the supercharger. I would assume there would have to be, but have not found anyone else with this system who cares to chime in. I want to get everything properly hooked up. I have a belt on there, but its too loose, and charger is still "grinding". Performance is through the roof! no complaints there :bouncy: just want to get everything squared away, and enjoy it!

the cadillac man
11-15-12, 05:13 PM
There is one BIG problem with the Coolcharger by DPPI, (makers of the XS-500) They went out of business. So no one wants to touch them. I am having a hell of a time just trying to find out if there is supposed to be a tensioner on the belt for the supercharger. I would assume there would have to be, but have not found anyone else with this system who cares to chime in. I want to get everything properly hooked up. I have a belt on there, but its too loose, and charger is still "grinding". Performance is through the roof! no complaints there :bouncy: just want to get everything squared away, and enjoy it!

The grinding is due to the oil free setup of the charger I'd still try a dealer since it is a factory add on (because the xs-500 package is a special package from factory)

6lbsofSound
11-15-12, 09:15 PM
Everything you need to rebuild that charger plus tensioner www.jonbondperformance.com