: No Audio/bluetooth/Turn signal sound

bagbklyn
11-14-12, 04:20 PM
Sound isn't audible in the ESV for turn signals, bluetooth audio or the radio. After a 30 minutes of driving shut off the truck and turned it back on and it worked again. My brother also has a 2009 ESV and the same thing happens to him intermittently.
Any ideas?

nathanjax
11-14-12, 06:33 PM
Sounds like the amp never turned on. Turn signals, BT, Onstar all go through your radio and its speakers

PeteKT
11-15-12, 11:39 AM
Yup happens to me every once in a while, if you turn the truck off and wait the 10 minutes for all the power to turn off then turn it back on it will work fine. the dealer checked everything and couldnt duplicate the problem so there is no fix yet. i have an 08 EXT the back speakers work but nothing with the amp works, no fronts, turn signals or button beeps.

bagbklyn
11-15-12, 01:55 PM
So just to make sure the truck definitely has to power cycle? It won't just turn on while you are driving?

nathanjax
11-15-12, 03:18 PM
So just to make sure the truck definitely has to power cycle? It won't just turn on while you are driving?

No. I'm guessing there's a relay to the amp that's not getting switched on. If that's the case, it won't "just come one". You'll have to remove power to it, and then re-power it and that's by turning the truck off and back on.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-15-12, 03:36 PM
Bagbklyn, would you consider going to the dealership for your audio concerns? If you send me an email with the last eight of your VIN, I would be happy to check my resources further for you!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

evois
11-15-12, 10:54 PM
had it before. it needs a software update and should fix it.

imint213
12-06-14, 04:07 PM
Has anyone had any additional experience finding the exact cause of this issue? It's happened to me twice after just owning my Cadillac for three weeks. It's not very convenient to turn Escalade off for 10 minutes to wait for this issue to temporarily go away. The only thing I can think of is a loose connection in the back of the radio. If I keep reading about all these people having the same issue on the internet, I have a hard time believing the dealership has not identified the problem. Additionally, this issue basically turns off the front speakers, the turn signal, the door chime and the bluetooth. I called OnStar and could only hear them through the rear speakers. Of course the diagnostics came back normal.
Thanks,
Rob

dsminva
12-06-14, 06:20 PM
Do you have any additional electronics in your truck like ipod adapters, etc?

evois
12-06-14, 09:54 PM
1. Check if it needs a software update.

2. I noticed that it happens as well when a laptop is plugged in at the rear 120v power source. Though the software update from dealer fixed that and it never happened again.

imint213
12-07-14, 12:02 PM
Everything is stock, no additional electronics. I will take it in to check on software update. What exact software are you referring too though? I do have a Wii-U plugged into the rear 120v power source, however it happened before I plugged the Wii in. Thanks for the info.

dsminva
12-07-14, 01:14 PM
GM SW update via Tech2. There is an update available for the regular trucks, not sure about Hybrid, but I would suspect it would be the same.

Pull your front cup holder / ashtray assy out (It just pulls straight up, held in with clips) and check the electrical connector under that. Its a big fat one. Maybe with the keys out, disconnect it and reconnect it. IIRC it's one of those lever connectors that you swivel the lever and it breaks contact. It should make more sense when you see it.

I'd like to see a picture of the rear 110v jack. I'd be interested in adapting it to my non hybrid if it looks good.