: No Audio/bluetooth/Turn signal sound

bagbklyn
11-14-12, 03:20 PM
Sound isn't audible in the ESV for turn signals, bluetooth audio or the radio. After a 30 minutes of driving shut off the truck and turned it back on and it worked again. My brother also has a 2009 ESV and the same thing happens to him intermittently.
Any ideas?

nathanjax
11-14-12, 05:33 PM
Sounds like the amp never turned on. Turn signals, BT, Onstar all go through your radio and its speakers

PeteKT
11-15-12, 10:39 AM
Yup happens to me every once in a while, if you turn the truck off and wait the 10 minutes for all the power to turn off then turn it back on it will work fine. the dealer checked everything and couldnt duplicate the problem so there is no fix yet. i have an 08 EXT the back speakers work but nothing with the amp works, no fronts, turn signals or button beeps.

bagbklyn
11-15-12, 12:55 PM
So just to make sure the truck definitely has to power cycle? It won't just turn on while you are driving?

nathanjax
11-15-12, 02:18 PM
So just to make sure the truck definitely has to power cycle? It won't just turn on while you are driving?

No. I'm guessing there's a relay to the amp that's not getting switched on. If that's the case, it won't "just come one". You'll have to remove power to it, and then re-power it and that's by turning the truck off and back on.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-15-12, 02:36 PM
Bagbklyn, would you consider going to the dealership for your audio concerns? If you send me an email with the last eight of your VIN, I would be happy to check my resources further for you!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

evois
11-15-12, 09:54 PM
had it before. it needs a software update and should fix it.