: Wheel Offset question

jeph054
11-13-12, 06:45 PM
I've been looking for a winter wheel option and I found some new alloy wheels that are the same rim size, width and bolt pattern. The problem is the OEM offset is +42mm and this wheel is +51mm. Can anyone confirm that this difference in offset is insignificant? It seems to me that it souldn't make a big difference.

I8URSVT
11-19-12, 08:58 PM
10mm spacer and they will sit as if they were stock.

CoSteve
11-20-12, 10:57 AM
what did you find?

AAIIIC
11-20-12, 01:58 PM
I've been looking for a winter wheel option and I found some new alloy wheels that are the same rim size, width and bolt pattern. The problem is the OEM offset is +42mm and this wheel is +51mm. Can anyone confirm that this difference in offset is insignificant? It seems to me that it souldn't make a big difference.
Go look at your car. Will everything clear if the wheel/tire is moved inboard 9mm? I think you're going to be getting awfully close to the knuckle.

10mm spacer and they will sit as if they were stock.
Once he installs longer studs, of course.

what did you find?
Yeah, what he said!

jeph054
11-24-12, 02:46 PM
You guys all are right. I would need the spacer and longer studs...Eff that! I found a set of Stocker wheels with a little road rash and the TPMS for 500 total. I lucked out. So now I will slap a set of LM-60's on there and I will be good to go for the next 4-5 years.