: Pictures.....need help

krazyteggy
11-13-12, 04:44 PM
I was wondering if there is a size limit on uploading a picture? I've tried and it keeps telling me that my picture is too big....tryin to upload it from my iPhone.

MrHolland
11-13-12, 04:49 PM
I use photobucket to host the pics, they resize and do everything for you!!

krazyteggy
11-13-12, 05:25 PM
Ok thanks! I'll try that. I really appreciate the prompt reply.

MrHolland
11-13-12, 05:42 PM
No prob!! Once photobucket hosts the pics, cut and paste IMG Code into your forum message and all should be good.

krazyteggy
11-13-12, 06:41 PM
But I am tryin to uploa a profile picture

MrHolland
11-13-12, 07:33 PM
Oh, yeah the profile pics are tiny. I can't.remember, either 12kb or 18. Tiny....

truckinman
11-14-12, 06:06 AM
I ran into same prob on my iPhone 4g. I don't even know if you can down size pics from my iPhone.

talismandave
11-14-12, 08:02 AM
Photobucket mobile app. for sure. On my Android I used to get around that before I had the PB acct. and app, if I remember correctly I think I found out by accident that if I shot photo on zoom they would go through un-doctored? I don't know anything about these "wireless picture telegraphs" but I think that worked for some reason?:noidea:

MattHatlee
11-15-12, 01:42 PM
I have an iPhone as well. Yesterday when trying to upload a pic to the forums it told me it was too big. What I did was went into photos, and clicked on the picture I was trying to upload. Then I pressed the edit button in the top right corner, and cropped it to what i needed. After I did that the website uploaded the picture no problem.

talismandave
11-16-12, 01:30 AM
I have an iPhone as well. Yesterday when trying to upload a pic to the forums it told me it was too big. What I did was went into photos, and clicked on the picture I was trying to upload. Then I pressed the edit button in the top right corner, and cropped it to what i needed. After I did that the website uploaded the picture no problem.

Now that you mention it that sounds more like what I used to do on android as well. Really can't stress enough how much better life is with a free photobucket acct and app. Automatic uploads as you take pic and they are only a click away from presenting on site.

MotownPimp
11-16-12, 03:35 PM
For those of you with Microsoft Office there is a "picture manager" program that will, among many other things, down size photos.