: Lens cover needed

Mik
11-13-12, 03:16 PM
i have an 03 Ext which i bou first of year and i really like it. I have about everything fixed that was broken or missing with the exception of this lens which is missing. The right front interior door panel has a lamp at the bottom right when opened it comes on. that is the lens that is missing and i can't find it or even the assembly so i've joined the forum hoping someone will steer me in the right direction. thanks for your help. Mik

the cadillac man
11-13-12, 04:27 PM
i have an 03 Ext which i bou first of year and i really like it. I have about everything fixed that was broken or missing with the exception of this lens which is missing. The right front interior door panel has a lamp at the bottom right when opened it comes on. that is the lens that is missing and i can't find it or even the assembly so i've joined the forum hoping someone will steer me in the right direction. thanks for your help. Mik

Did you ask a local dealer also try gmpartsdirect website

rfishoutofwater
11-13-12, 05:01 PM
Check your dealer. I got my drivers side and rear pass one from my local Chevy dealer. Those lens are interchangeable. They had in stock.

ddj69
11-13-12, 08:55 PM
It is one piece. Your lense must have broke off. Here is one, price is high. I found one in a junk yard for $1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-Yukon-Tahoe-Escalade-LF-Front-Door-Reflector-Light-C72-3z-Qty-1-/200657646383

Black88GTA
11-13-12, 11:12 PM
It is one piece. Your lense must have broke off. Here is one, price is high. I found one in a junk yard for $1.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-GMC-Yukon-Tahoe-Escalade-LF-Front-Door-Reflector-Light-C72-3z-Qty-1-/200657646383

I wouldn't pay dealer prices for something like that. My driver's side one had the lens broken off - I found a replacement on Ebay for $10 shipped, IIRC. No yards near me :(

the cadillac man
11-13-12, 11:58 PM
I've had this happen to both front doors

I glued them back but the passenger side fell off again does the whole housing have to be replaced or should I just try gluing it back?

rfishoutofwater
11-14-12, 01:34 AM
I should have mentioned I paid $6 each for mine at the dealer. Pulling one from the salvage yard will be possible brittle. The tabs brake on these very easy. $6 at dealer was a good price in my opinion. Plus I have a dealer down the street. Junk yard not so much.

----------

I wouldn't pay dealer prices for something like that. My driver's side one had the lens broken off - I found a replacement on Ebay for $10 shipped, IIRC. No yards near me :(

I paid $6 each at my local Chevy dealer. Still less than the $10 you paid.

the cadillac man
11-14-12, 01:43 AM
I should have mentioned I paid $6 each for mine at the dealer. Pulling one from the salvage yard will be possible brittle. The tabs brake on these very easy. $6 at dealer was a good price in my opinion. Plus I have a dealer down the street. Junk yard not so much.

----------

I know the service manager at my local dealer so I don't know but I may get it cheaper then $6 I may call and ask tomorrow as it beats glueing the old one back

Black88GTA
11-14-12, 02:54 AM

----------

I'll admit, I didn't even call the dealer. GMPD is showing that part at just under $21, and (in my experience) dealer parts out here tend to be marked up 25 - 50% over the prices listed in the online parts catalogs anyway. If this one falls apart, maybe I'll ask them about the price for a replacement.

rfishoutofwater
11-14-12, 02:56 AM
Sometimes it's not a bad thing to buy from the dealer. Also helps to have friends who work at one. My buddy is a ford mechanic and does all my service work on my f350 diesel. Gets me all my parts at cost. Saves my ass a lot of cash. Lol. Ill always check dealer first. Then do my online searches and go from there.

the cadillac man
11-14-12, 10:47 AM
Sometimes it's not a bad thing to buy from the dealer. Also helps to have friends who work at one. My buddy is a ford mechanic and does all my service work on my f350 diesel. Gets me all my parts at cost. Saves my ass a lot of cash. Lol. Ill always check dealer first. Then do my online searches and go from there.

+1 I am the same way