: Transmission hard shift question

48Dodge
11-13-12, 03:14 PM
Since I'm looking at replacing the transmission fluid soon and have had some hard shifting issues, I was wondering if there are parts I can cheaply and easily replace while the pan is off. I've seen fixes such as "O rings" and "valves" that others have had success with but usually after multiple trips back to the dealer. No clue what part numbers are involved and not sure if these parts are deep inside the transmission or right there when the pan is removed.

48Dodge
11-16-12, 02:30 PM
Just wanted to report that after simply replacing the front diff fluid, I haven't had a single hard shift issue, mainly the "wham!" during slow speed upshifts. Maybe a total coincidence since I have gone some time before without having it occur, but I'm thinking there may have just been some drivetrain slop with burnt out fluid. Also, didn't measure the fluid coming out but looked like less that the 2qts I put back in. Got to pick up my transmission filter and gasket and hope for some nice weather to try to get the rest of the fluids switched out.

kdstew
11-16-12, 05:29 PM
Mine shifts pretty hard as well. Was think its the TCM but I should try this first. Can't believe I didn't think of it. Thanks.