: Heavy Heart

Roswell256
12-20-04, 11:49 AM
IT is with a heavy heart that I must sell my baby. The caddy is just getting too expensive to maintain. At 10 years old I'm afraid I can't see an end to the maintanence.

I do love my baby and someday when I make more money I will certainly be all over another cadillac. But for now I must let it go.

Before I sell it I'm going to fix a couple of things on it. But I must ask about the window. IS it hard to get into the door and determine if it is the motor or the rail? I believe it is the rail because when I hit the switch the lights dim. so it must be drawing power. OH, thats another thing. Why would just the window motor drop the lights. or when I hit the brakes would it make the lights dim. I'm certain thats a ground problem. and I'm pretty confident its just the negative battery cable. how easy to replace?

Anway I thank everyone that has helped me with all of my problems and eveyone has been a great source of knowledge. So, it is with a heavy heart that must say good bye to the caddy. I'll still drop in once in a while when I can.

Thank you all
-Robert-

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Stoneage_Caddy
12-20-04, 11:51 AM
sorry to see you wanna get rid of it ...i think im just over the 120-135k blues ...

Most cars go thru it , replace a bunch of stuff at this milage and shell go another 70k at least ...

got 2 more issues myself boath fixing the stuff the tranny guy messed up ..after that im fully sure itll run another 100k no problem before going to the little brother ....id like to see it run to 300k

Roswell256
12-20-04, 01:24 PM
she's only got 119k on her but I've got a list as long as my arm of stuff that I've replaced in the last 15k. and atleast 5-6 more things I have to do. its just getting to the point that I can't afford to stay ahead of it. everytime I fix something. Something else goes out. for all the money that I've been putting into this I could get a much more reliable car that won't break all the time.

I have purchased my new car however. And as much as I like it. It will NEVER match my caddy. I got a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE. has about everything in it. But I miss the power and fun driving my caddy.

It hurts me deep to see it go. I'm hoping to get $4000 for it. If anyone is around the area that would like to look at it, let me know. ITs been kept under a car cover right now to keep it out of the weather.

Thanks eveyone
-Robert-

Elvis
12-20-04, 08:10 PM
The Camry ain't a Caddy, but I doubt you'll be replacing anything in the next 10 years. The b!tches just won't DIE!

Ralph
12-20-04, 08:15 PM
The Camry ain't a Caddy

You got that right. But at least the Caddy won't develop the famous "sludge" problem so many Toyotas do that I've read about recently.

Either way Roswell, stick around! Lotsa stuff here and good luck with the car.