: 2003 Escalade mirror turn signal

gerschouten
11-13-12, 02:15 PM
Hello,

My name is Gerrit Schouten, 20 years old and I live in The Netherlands.
For 2 weeks ago i bought a 2003 Escalade
If i use my turn siganal everything will light exept the mirror turnsignal lights.
I checked all the fuses and their fine.
so i think it`s disconnected because I think its against the law to use those.
but `d like to uses them

so where can I find the wires so I can connect them (I think their disconnected)
I had the outer cap removed which is on the mirror but no cables there.

can someone help me please with an explanation where the cabels are.
I think their behind the mirror glass but how can i get that out without braking the glass.

I hope someone can help me out on this.

Thanks.

Gerrit Schouten.

http://imageshack.us/a/img31/8131/img0173ix.jpg

the cadillac man
11-13-12, 03:06 PM
Hello,

My name is Gerrit Schouten, 20 years old and I live in The Netherlands.
For 2 weeks ago i bought a 2003 Escalade
If i use my turn siganal everything will light exept the mirror turnsignal lights.
I checked all the fuses and their fine.
so i think it`s disconnected because I think its against the law to use those.
but `d like to uses them

so where can I find the wires so I can connect them (I think their disconnected)
I had the outer cap removed which is on the mirror but no cables there.

can someone help me please with an explanation where the cabels are.
I think their behind the mirror glass but how can i get that out without braking the glass.

I hope someone can help me out on this.

Thanks.

Gerrit Schouten.

You have to remove the door panels to gain access to the wiring

1remove the black plastic panel(at the mirror)

2 remove the lock slider(what you use to unlock the door without using power locks)

3 remove 2 screws one behind the lock slider the other below the handle that you use to close the door

4 remove the trim piece around the release handle

5 slide the panel up and it should be free

Caution make sure you remove the light from its housing in the panel and don't tug on the wiring harnesses that go to the door module

Installion is reverse of removal

Check the wires going to the mirrors going to the mirror for any that are cut and has been taped up

I like having the mirror blinkers

Black88GTA
11-13-12, 08:31 PM
There was a thread maybe a month ago with the exact same issue. The OP followed up with a "how I fixed it" post.

- found it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/272219-turn-signal-mirror-disconnected.html

the cadillac man
11-13-12, 09:35 PM
There was a thread maybe a month ago with the exact same issue. The OP followed up with a "how I fixed it" post.

- found it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/272219-turn-signal-mirror-disconnected.html

Black88gta I was the one who gave the steps on how to gain access to the wiring but some people cut the wires in different places(plus I can do a reference link when I am on my iPhone thanks for helping me out with the link)