: Cadillac Customer Service helped me out today

Royalton
11-13-12, 01:35 PM
Went to Braman Cadillac of Miami because my lumbar stopped working. They said they would not accept my 3rd party bumper to bumper warranty. Went home and called Cadillac to find out why one dealership can have this policy when every other dealer accepts them. I talked to Mercedes on the phone. She contacted the service manager, he called me 30 mins later and set up an appointment for me for Thursday morning. I am thankful that Cadillac customer service is absolutely outstanding even when certain dealerships are lacking. To take it to another dealership would be an hour drive away so Thank you Mercedes of Cadillac Customer Care! :)

MrHolland
11-13-12, 03:33 PM
This is great news!!! I love hearing these stories and wish they happened more frequently. Way to go Cadillac Customer Service!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-13-12, 04:30 PM
That's wonderful, Royalton! Thanks for reporting the positivity, and I'm so glad Mercedes helped you resolve everything to your satisfaction.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

RalphBullit
11-13-12, 06:26 PM
Cadillac Customer Service should read this:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f31/sub-standard-world-my-ats-experience-114546/

**Disclaimer: the below is written as a customer who has followed the normal protocol that any other GM customer would follow. **

As most know by now, I placed an order for a 2013 Cadillac ATS many weeks ago. In the time since I've learned exactly what works and what doesn't as it relates to GM customer service and their ability to communicate with the various constituents involved in the vehicle order process. For a company alleging to become more customer focused, I'm not seeing it - yet.

Timeline of Events

September 24, 2012 - Dealer replaces stock ATS 2.0T order with my configuration.
October 16, 2012 - Vehicle is produced at Lansing Grand River Assembly
October 24, 2012 - Motor Trend reports that GM is issuing a "repair" for ATS's built with the optional manual transmission.
November 5, 2012 - GM Customer Assistance Center and the dealer inform me "the car is on its way!"
November 13, 2012 - GM informs dealer that the car is "at an intermediary point and on hold." No solid ETA is provided.

The Problems

Cadillac Customer Service and GM CAC have both told me that they can't track an order. You have to call multiple times to get someone that will track it at CAC.
I left a voicemail, per instructions, to a CAC rep that did track it. She never would return my call.
Despite the dealer's efforts, GM has relayed virtually no information about my order/car to them.
To date no one can tell me or the dealer where my car is. Not that it matters, it's just perplexing that no one seems to know.
This isn't my problem - you can go here and here to find that all ATS manual owners are having this problem (lack of information).

rest of the story in link

Royalton
11-13-12, 10:58 PM
Maybe its just me but i don't see an issue here. they told you it was on its way on the 5th. it's been 8 days it's probably being shipped on a car carrier with lots of other cars making pitstops to drop off other cars on its way to you. It's also not even 8 weeks, which they should have told you from day 1 that 8 weeks is the normal timeframe. I have a feeling they are not returning your calls because you probably call twice a day for the past 8 days. You are expecting them to know exactly where your car is on its trip each day, should they have gps trackers on it for you, or call the truck driver each day?.... I know you are excited to get your car but you're also an adult, get some patience, cars take up to 2 weeks when Ive shipped them. it all depends on the stops and route. It's like watching water boil, just take it out of your mind a few more days and that key will be in your hand before you know it ;) and congrats on the new car

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-14-12, 09:16 AM
Cadillac Customer Service should read this:
rest of the story in link

Thank you, Ralph. I see that Customer Service is already involved with this customer's order concerns, but thank you for bringing this thread update to my attention!

Katie

sdgc
11-14-12, 09:05 PM
Hi Katie. Does it matter if we live in Canada about the customer service solutions and have a US Escalade? I bought from a dealer here but unfortunately got screwed over on the DVD headrests that were supposed to be installed and if i can get some resolution that would be greaet. can you pm me when you can.
thanks

hannity
11-15-12, 10:00 AM
Excellent.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-15-12, 02:21 PM
Hi Katie. Does it matter if we live in Canada about the customer service solutions and have a US Escalade? I bought from a dealer here but unfortunately got screwed over on the DVD headrests that were supposed to be installed and if i can get some resolution that would be greaet. can you pm me when you can.
thanks

Hi, Sdgc! My department can only access the business policies and procedures for customers currently residing in the United States at this time, but I'm always happy to locate the Customer Service team that is nearest to any customers residing outside the USA. When I tried to send you a direct message, I saw you didn't have that capability yet. So, I hope you don't mind if I post that information here on the thread for you!

GM of Canada agents are available 800-263-3777, M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST.

Best,

Katie