: Escalade Powered Step Acting Funny

kamps16
11-12-12, 09:07 PM
My 2008 Escalade EXT passenger side powered step has a mind of it's own. It extends and retracts own it's own as I drive down the road. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm out of warranty and prefer to do my own work. Turning the steps off has no effect. Thanks in advance for your help.

Poncherello
11-12-12, 10:22 PM
I had a similiar proble with my 2010 steps...they wouldn't extend when the doors were opened but as soon as I put in drive they would extend and then retract. I cycled the on off button a few times and haven't had a problem since.

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-14-12, 09:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're having concerns, kamps16! Just to clarify, do you mean your power running boards? When I checked my GM resources for you, I saw that page 2-23 of your manual details the power running board operation.

"The power running boards automatically extend from beneath the vehicle on the side in which the door has been opened. Once the door is closed, the running boards will automatically move back under the vehicle after a brief delay. The vehicle must not be moving for the running boards to extend or retract. The switch used to disable the power running boards is located on the center console below the climate control system. The running boards cannot be disabled in the extended position."

I would recommend checking in with your dealership for service, and I'm available via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) for further assistance at any point.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service