: Escalade ESV Production Terminated???

ed@baatz.org
11-12-12, 09:05 PM
While shopping for an 2013 Escalade ESV AWD Platinum, I was informed that Cadillac has ceased future production of Escalades. Specifically: "The very last Escalade to ever be built has rolled off the production line."

I find this to be highly unlikely, to say the least. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else EVER heard anything hinting that government regulations have forced Cadillac to stop manufacturing all large SUV's?

This was told to me after sales price bargaining. I believe the message was that the dealership didn't need to discount the Escalade ESV (Platinum) because they weren't ever getting any more in to sell and therefore could charge full MSRP.

Most curious, as I wouldn't be interested in buying any vehicle that was set to be discontinued...

Thanks for any input...

Recovery21
11-12-12, 09:19 PM
I heard that the EXT and also the Chevy Avalanche were going to be stopped and 2013 was the last year. As far as the whole Escalade line, I don't know for sure... Seems like there are a lot on the road though! Hummer was the same way. I had a 2009 H3T and they couldn't keep them on the lot. Seems like everywhere you look, you see an H3 but yet they canned the whole line. With that said, I wouldn't doubt that the government would step in and make them get rid of it. They always kill the good things.

Poncherello
11-12-12, 10:21 PM
The next generation Escalades are being tested now. Is it possible that the 2013 is a limited production run with the anticipation of releasing the the next generation 2014 sometime early in 2013? It sounds possible to me..... but rest assured, there will be more Escalades.

Recovery21
11-12-12, 10:24 PM
Next generation? Oh man! I don't like where this is going... I have a feeling that my truck payments are about to get bigger... :rolleyes: Hahaha.

ed@baatz.org
11-13-12, 07:38 AM
If GM has decided to cease producing Cadillac Escalade ESV's --- that would be good enough reason NOT to purchase one? It's just difficult for me to believe that this is true. More research is needed...

evois
11-13-12, 09:53 AM
the spy pics of the new escalades are all esv's! lol!

ed@baatz.org
11-13-12, 10:44 AM
:hmm: Spy pictures?

Interestingly, the 'last Escalade available" comment wasn't made until the subject of pricing was being discussed and discounts. The dealer said they didn't NEED to discount the price because there were no more Escalades being produced. Sort of a "take-it or leave-it" proposition?

However, if it was merely a tactic, it failed. I'll "leave-it" for some other lucky soul to snatch up at full MSRP. Not to mention that the "new" car has 570 transport miles on it.

I'm very unimpressed. Maybe a different Cadillac dealer would be better? Or maybe a Lexus or Mercedes dealer...

The fun of buying a car! :banghead:

EL EL Eye
12-12-12, 08:16 PM
Good, you refused to be bullied. You should post the dealership and the salesperson. I hate car shopping, currently shopping for an '08 or '09 ESV Platinum. One rule ofthumb is simply this, never EVER pay sticker.

:hmm: Spy pictures?

Interestingly, the 'last Escalade available" comment wasn't made until the subject of pricing was being discussed and discounts. The dealer said they didn't NEED to discount the price because there were no more Escalades being produced. Sort of a "take-it or leave-it" proposition?

However, if it was merely a tactic, it failed. I'll "leave-it" for some other lucky soul to snatch up at full MSRP. Not to mention that the "new" car has 570 transport miles on it.

I'm very unimpressed. Maybe a different Cadillac dealer would be better? Or maybe a Lexus or Mercedes dealer...

The fun of buying a car! :banghead:

sdgc
12-12-12, 08:47 PM
From my understanding the escalades will essentially be like the currents ESVs, and cadillaac is introduction a new cuv which will be a bit smaller than the current regular escalade.